Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293803 times)

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1500 on: May 19, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »

One or two updates, and I hope my combat useless dwarf won't be in the way of much.
Slicity, slice, stab, stab, cut, thrust, roundhouse kick, hack

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 22, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 10th of Malachite, 325

In an unexpected turn of events, one of our haulers, Edzul Athelkon has secretly created yet another impressive artifacts.  I’m particularly fond of this one as one of the images on it seems rather optimistic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is an image of Bennet striking down a goblin way back in 316 before we had access to adamantine.  As we prepare for war, this artifact should serve as a reminder that our soldiers fought off enemies with dwarven steel.  Adamatine should be able to face anything.

I feel this is a good omen for what lies ahead. 

Cog’s Journal, 12th of Malachite, 325

The mechanics have finished their work.  The experimental traps are done.  I’ve begun the long task of forbidding all the stone near the pipe, including the adamantine.  If we survive this we can use it later.

I’ve informed the military that it is time to get prepared for the battle.  I’ll give them all a month off from training to prepare for the ordeal.  The entire military will be off duty starting now to rest up and relax.  The call to arms will come during the next month, probably the 20th of Galena. 

Events of the 13th of Malachite, 325

Triaxx knew without at doubt the day had finally arrived.  He gathered the few supplies he still needed, including a steel pick in case he needed to make an escape and headed down to his tower. 

Events of the 15th of Malachite, 325

Zanfar knew that Cog was stalling the inevitable destruction of the fortress.  That could not stand.  The time was upon them. 

Her secret life as an unassuming hauler was over.  It was time to take her place as queen of Towersoared and the world with the army her God had promised her.  She hefted the unfamiliar pick and headed down to the adamantine pipe on her daily trip to scout out an opening. 

The planned royal quarters were out of the question; too many dwarves had taken to occasionally going down there to eat and relax due to the opulence of the rooms.  No, it would have to be the “official” entrance point.  With all material and activity forbidden, the place was actually completely unwatched now. 

She reached the bottom of the stairs and was about to head to the pipe when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs behind her.  She dashed over and grabbed some rock and headed back upstairs. 

She watched as Triaxx walked past on his way down.  Fully equipped and ready for battle he was.  She sighed.  Today was not the day if there were guards down here.  She hefted the piece of rock and began the long walk up the stairs again.   Tomorrow was another day.

In the meantime Triaxx locked the door to his tower.  He also threw the lever to seal the place in preparation for the long siege.  There was a satisfying thump as the bridge closed, sealing the place against intrusion.  He made a quick count: Food, shelter and a pick if he had to escape.  No booze, but he could make do with the water, there was enough to last him many months and a pump if he needed more.  He gripped his sword and began to train since he had nothing better to do now. 

OOC: This is it!  If anyone else has last requests before the chaos begins, now is the time.  Next update is the last one before the fun begins. 

@Argonnek: Yes to the first, no to the second.  It will be at least 5 years before the child comes of age anyhow, so no big deal I think.  It'll be quite a while before we find out if the bug exists or not.  No idea if I should be happy or sad about that.  I kinda miss the old days when a duke would show up out of the blue.  Made for a much more amusing story. 

@Siraidan9: The area you work is so far from the combat zone, you’ll be fine unless the military fails.  By the way, your skill at siege weapon construction took a big leap recently.  You crafted a lot of materials for equipping the siege defense tower out front.  I think you're back to brewing now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 22, 2012, 02:01:36 pm »

One last dance, ladies and gents! Tonight we show the last bastion of evil and death that DERM WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

Lets do this.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 22, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »

I can't wait to see what happens to Derm. Will his pride be justified? Or will it lead to his ultimate downfall?

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 22, 2012, 05:05:14 pm »

Durhak Says, "If we win this, I'd like a ballista set up facing the door in the brewery... Good luck to all yeh combat types, If you need me, I'll... be taking small sips of me produce."

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:38 pm »

Argonnek stumbled into the office, wishing that the walls would stop their unscrupulous twirling. After lurching up to the desk, he experienced something so rare that he had almost forgotten what it was like: clarity. He knew that he was in Cog's office - the leader was staring at him from his chair, after all - and he knew why he bothered coming here.

"We should build fortifications before opening th' pits."

Cog seemed momentarily dumbfounded at Argonnek's non-slurred speech.

"Rows of 'em, t' give Derm n' them ranged cover."

His idea transferred, Argonnek receded once more into an alcoholic stupor.

To be clear, I'm suggesting that we have a hall widened near the breach point with fortifications carved/built in rows so that marksdwarves have a chance to fire before they are overwhelmed by demons.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 22, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

It's a quarter to midnight where I am right now.
I have a standardized test tomorrow and need sleep.
But this thread is just so awesome.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 23, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

Let the battle begin!!

I'll be watching from the safety of beneath my bunk.

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 23, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »

i'm hoping to get atleast 1 kill with my shield before i go down.

also, when all the demons are dead, make a dining room in hell and give a big feast for all the soldiers.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 23, 2012, 03:35:29 pm »

I'm halfway expecting someone to pop in here with three to four paragraphs of dwarven drinking song describing what they think the following few entries will be like.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 23, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »

Spoiler: "You called?" (click to show/hide)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 23, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »

I meant specifically tailored to this adventure and the next few imagined updates, not a copy paste of something completely unrelated.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 23, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »

Oh well. I tried.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 23, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »

Well, you didn't try hard enough.. while missing an arm, a leg, and an eye... I'm sure Derm can make the necessary adjustments.

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:31 pm »

"trolling followers into thinking there's an update"
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 118