Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Dev Log AWESOME Update  (Read 14569 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log AWESOME Update
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2010, 08:01:40 pm »

Im pretty sure that carnivores and herbivores can eat the other food types without any ill effects...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

Well, lions can eat grass, certainly, and chickens eat anything. But that makes them more herbivores. Extremely specialized eaters would have a problem digesting anything their systems haven't evolved to process.

For example, cows.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2010, 08:19:23 pm »

I guess you have a point, but I am only saying that becuase Im too lazy to go look up cow anatomy.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2010, 08:50:52 pm »

Actually, there should be [CARNIVORE], [OMNIVORE], and [HERBIVORE] tags. Eating people should be up to you, depending on what type of food your adventurer eats, but defy your civ's norms and you will pay an awful price. For example, carnivores and omnivores should technically be able to eat corpses (or meat) without ill-effects, and herbivores shouldn't be able to eat corpses without throwing up or other ill-effects. However, the civ's ethics should determine their reaction to your corpse-eating.
Mm, I'm talking about adventure mode's "licks this and that" thing. Meaning that all your victims are food source right there and then.

Underground travelling cannibal elves would love it, all the food and drink they'll need with every kill as they search the abyss for subterranean trees to hug...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2010, 07:30:39 am »

Oh my god, I'm SOOOO BOREEEEEEEDDDDD NOW..........TOADY, DON'T TORMENT US (ME) BY NOT GIVING ANY SIGN OF LIFE ANYMORE!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2010, 07:43:19 am »

Actually, there should be [CARNIVORE], [OMNIVORE], and [HERBIVORE] tags. Eating people should be up to you, depending on what type of food your adventurer eats, but defy your civ's norms and you will pay an awful price. For example, carnivores and omnivores should technically be able to eat corpses (or meat) without ill-effects, and herbivores shouldn't be able to eat corpses without throwing up or other ill-effects. However, the civ's ethics should determine their reaction to your corpse-eating.
Mm, I'm talking about adventure mode's "licks this and that" thing. Meaning that all your victims are food source right there and then.

Well, yeah. I do want to lick some things though (like chunks of ice), but the licking is a little indecisive. At least currently we can unconditionally drink blood.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:46 am »

I find the licking extremely disturbing. I always picture it as the adventurer in question creeply and slowly licking the item.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2010, 10:04:42 am »

Miko19 throws a tantrum!

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 12:56:49 pm »

Well he updated the blog today,

Its coming out tomorrow, cant wait.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2010, 01:58:51 pm »

blankpost

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2010, 02:04:11 pm »

unless something really weird happens
I wouldn't count on it!

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »

unless something really weird happens
I wouldn't count on it!

well considering how dwarven logic works, I doubt anything will go wrong, after all Toady is locked in a room with those dwarves, stationed arround him so nothing "really weird" will happen.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2010, 03:21:26 pm »

Maybe I should just PLAY NOW and see how far that gets me with butchering, and sharp stones. o.o
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »

EDIT: Woohoo, just noticed the dev update despite just checking the page like twenty minutes ago and not seeing it.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2010, 04:40:37 pm »

Awesome video games...do do doo dedoo dedoo...video games awesome...

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13