Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Australia has a new government.  (Read 6928 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Australia has a new government.
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »

You know, I have yet to hear anyone speak positively of the Australian Government, how does it manage to exist if it seems so wholly unpopular?

It's mainly a case of having, by and large, a very moderate 2-party dominance; as much as lib supporters bitch about labor, or labor supporters moan about the libs, both governments are at least passably capable and have generally centrist policies. As such, even if the opposing party gets in, noone is gonna do much more than snark a little.

Because, let's be honest here, the only people on the forums complaining about it are cynical people in their late teens or early twenties.

That, and anyone older is so beaten down and resigned over the system, they just don't care anymore.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2010, 11:00:46 pm »

well i work for the government so uh "don't bite the hand that feeds you" is a good maxim

I'm 13.

shock of the century
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

shock of the century

Tastes like... sarcasm :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 02:59:36 am »

Whilst I don't have too much faith in our government, I don't really believe they'd be stupid enough to go through with it. I mean, 70% speed reduction? WE LIVE IN AUSTRALIA.

Whilst I really hate to stop your thoughtless government bashing, but didn't they cancel the policy in a deal with the greens?
Magma is overrated.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 03:03:17 am »

Probably? I'm just pissed that they even pushed the idea in the first place.

Also, no need to be snide.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 03:39:51 am »

Welp, we're up to 74 for the ALP / Greens and 73 for the Lib / Nationals. Back to the Three Amigos to decide. Probably looking at early next week for their decision (remember, they're voting as a block)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 05:02:16 am »

Heh I'm actually kinda happy with that.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 06:16:45 am »

Also, no need to be snide.

True, but could you please get your facts correct in the future. While indeed a report a year ago said that one option would reduce speeds by 70%, it didn't say that that option would be used, etc. Your just cherrypicking the worsts possible parts of it and putting them together to complain about.

And yeah, wasn't so nice of conroy to suggest it i do agree.
Magma is overrated.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 07:08:15 am »

Yeah, I was pretty ignorant about that one. I was just pissed and wanted to make it out to be as bad as possible. Now I know.

I'd apologize, but I do that too much and there's nothing to apologize about, really.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2010, 07:02:55 pm »

At the risk of a small bump, might I propose the problems with Australia is that they decided to keep their queen while pretending to have an American pioneering attitude?

Noble inbred offspring and oil baron radioactive mutant offspring are both pretty messed up already without putting them both in one body.

Granted, America is no picnic with our Appalachians and Texans, but at least we don't let them run the whole country...

Actually, I take that back. A surprising number were from areas I'd consider questionable
I guess the state of world politics isn't really that hard to understand given this information. And who would have known George W wasn't born in Texas? You'd think they'd all brag about that fact. Makes me wonder, is the average Texan WORSE than that?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »

The queen? We only keep her around because it means an extra holiday or two (we're Aussies remember ;)). Hell, her birthday is celebrated on different days around the country, so with careful moving, you can get three public holidays for the price of one.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »

The queen? We only keep her around because it means an extra holiday or two (we're Aussies remember ;)). Hell, her birthday is celebrated on different days around the country, so with careful moving, you can get three public holidays for the price of one.
True.

rouninjae

• Bay Watcher
  • Happiness is a warm dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2010, 10:21:35 pm »

Aww shucks fellas, we ALL know that the real problem with *insert politically affiliated noun* is basic human nature!  Even though an individual can go against it, people by nature are not beasts of fairness and honor and justice and sunshine rainbow goodness for all.  I predict turmoil for an eternity!  Try to carve out a nice life and hope you don't get noticed by big brother!  37!
tong!
beefeater!
galleon.
*snap*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 02:55:37 am »

Bashing on people who recognize the queen as part of their country and comparing them unfavorably to Americans isn't going to become a thing for you, is it Kogan? Because from empirical evidence I'd have to say you're not what I'd call historically savvy. Or savvy with any culture that isn't your own, apparently.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:39 am »

Bashing on people who recognize the queen as part of their country and comparing them unfavorably to Americans isn't going to become a thing for you, is it Kogan? Because from empirical evidence I'd have to say you're not what I'd call historically savvy. Or savvy with any culture that isn't your own, apparently.

Is your information based on scientific method or observation? What experiments did you use to come to your conclusion? Does your process survive peer review?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8