Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571489 times)

KillerGnats

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
i need help
« Reply #1020 on: April 03, 2013, 12:45:35 pm »

my SoundSense works for Lazy Newb pack but dont work for Masterdwarf Fortress because my gamelog.text is not showing up and like to have my sound back anyone help me plz  to fix it sorry if this my java is version 7

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1021 on: April 04, 2013, 10:51:26 am »

What is the process to get SoundSense to work on OSX?

Nalbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 17, 2013, 04:05:19 pm »

nevermind :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:12:29 pm by Nalbir »

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
« Reply #1023 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »

I have the masterwork mod for dwarf fortress that comes with soundsense. My soundsense doesn't update to fully, I went to the gamelog.txt files like it told me to do so. But when I go to update the darn thing, it goes for a distance and pauses and just never continues. if anyone can offer assistance for me it would be great. I have the version for windows.

Try downloading whole pack zip from websitze.

In meantime, where does it pause? On what does it stop?

It seems the size of autoUpdater.xml doesnt match what it says in it and cause the update system acting wierd on my computer, all Simon Swerwer song are not downloaded corrently yet the update system said it has been downloaded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
perhaps these line goes wrong, the size doesnt match.
<file name="autoUpdater.xml" sha1="52cdb5440dd40c731915e1b7b8d6f2fd55bba841" size="90685"/>

I am having precisely the same problem. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to push out a new version of autoUpdater.xml...

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1024 on: April 28, 2013, 08:09:53 am »

I have the masterwork mod for dwarf fortress that comes with soundsense. My soundsense doesn't update to fully, I went to the gamelog.txt files like it told me to do so. But when I go to update the darn thing, it goes for a distance and pauses and just never continues. if anyone can offer assistance for me it would be great. I have the version for windows.

Try downloading whole pack zip from websitze.

In meantime, where does it pause? On what does it stop?

It seems the size of autoUpdater.xml doesnt match what it says in it and cause the update system acting wierd on my computer, all Simon Swerwer song are not downloaded corrently yet the update system said it has been downloaded.
perhaps these line goes wrong, the size doesnt match.
<file name="autoUpdater.xml" sha1="52cdb5440dd40c731915e1b7b8d6f2fd55bba841" size="90685"/>

I am having precisely the same problem. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to push out a new version of autoUpdater.xml...

Fine, you convinced me. It is updated.

jez9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 28, 2013, 08:26:51 am »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a simple way to disable the SoundSource music?  I like the sound effect notifications, but I find the music a bit distracting and prefer the ingame music.  I guess I can edit the seasons.xml file to remove all music tracks but it would be nice if there were a simpler way.

If not, could you introduce a feature to enable/disable music in a future version?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 28, 2013, 08:59:13 am »

You already can, in the now playing bit theres a little red square and a speaker. 

The little red square stops it until something changes it (like seasons changing) the speaker mutes it until you decide to tell it you love it again and it can come back inside.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jez9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2013, 09:06:07 am »

But presumably that gets reset each time you start SoundSense.  It would be nice for it to remember to disable the music.

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
« Reply #1028 on: May 01, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »

Fine, you convinced me. It is updated.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I just need to get to a computer with an Internet connection that isn't in a library to update! Thanks again!

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:24 pm »

But presumably that gets reset each time you start SoundSense.  It would be nice for it to remember to disable the music.
Hum, isn't that simply a matter of removing the music xml file? That'd prevent the music from playing in game.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 13, 2013, 06:46:40 pm »

I have to say the quality of the music in the standard pack has been increasing steadily. Thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1031 on: May 14, 2013, 12:55:08 am »

Hum, isn't that simply a matter of removing the music xml file? That'd prevent the music from playing in game.

It is, but when i get around to making next version, ss will remember that you muted certain channels.

I have to say the quality of the music in the standard pack has been increasing steadily. Thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved.

Thank you! Especially on behealf of everyone who contributed original music and recordings!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 14, 2013, 07:41:00 pm »

I've been a fan of dwarf fortress for years, and just the other day I loaded up soundsense for the first time.  I must say, I love it!  Especially the background music!  Fantastic!  Thank you!

Is there any way to turn off sounds from sparring?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:36 am »

I've been a fan of dwarf fortress for years, and just the other day I loaded up soundsense for the first time.  I must say, I love it!  Especially the background music!  Fantastic!  Thank you!

There might be a better way to do it but if you delete the folder called "battle" inside the sound packs the noise goes away.

Excellent work on this program, guys. I love the sense of immersion it creates (particularly the necro siegue track. So darn epic!).
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1034 on: May 15, 2013, 02:30:21 am »

There might be a better way to do it but if you delete the folder called "battle" inside the sound packs the noise goes away.

Excellent work on this program, guys. I love the sense of immersion it creates (particularly the necro siegue track. So darn epic!).

Just small heads-up: you no longer need to delete folders.

Go to "Sounds Configuration" tab, click on xml file and you can enable/disable sounds from it. SS does remember this, and if you change your mind, you can enable it again.

Can be seen here:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105