Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571470 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2013, 02:24:20 am »

You need to download the soundpack for it. Its about 200mb, found at zwei's website.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

seristal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2013, 08:39:15 am »

I ran an automatic update, doesn't that work too?

Dewman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

I can't connect to the website for some reason. I have tried to connect on different browsers, but the site won't load. There is no error or anything, it simply won't load, so i can't download the sound packs... :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1009 on: March 15, 2013, 02:52:55 am »

http://shot.qip.ru/00b0A8-3VVx8esik/

Why a mistake?

Soundcard is not supporting one feature, not an issue.

I can't connect to the website for some reason. I have tried to connect on different browsers, but the site won't load. There is no error or anything, it simply won't load, so i can't download the sound packs... :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

Some people noted this.

you can try going throught proxy like http://www.zend2.com or talk to your isp to see what is wrong.

Ypuo can also download app itself from google code and autoupdate should download soundpack from alternate server.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1010 on: March 15, 2013, 05:06:41 am »

thanks for your continued work on this!

feature request: when updating the pack, would it be possible to backup altered files? i had modified moods, seasonal music and some of the combat/death messages, but upon updating they were wiped out!

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1011 on: March 15, 2013, 06:11:21 am »

feature request: when updating the pack, would it be possible to backup altered files? i had modified moods, seasonal music and some of the combat/death messages, but upon updating they were wiped out!

I have something that might work even better!

custom.xml in custom directory will not be overwritten by autoupdate.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1012 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:30 am »

that sounds promising! how do i use said custom.xml to override certain sections? for example, when a mood is completed i have a custom file i'd prefer to be played rather than one of the five included sounds.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1013 on: March 15, 2013, 08:23:10 am »

that sounds promising! how do i use said custom.xml to override certain sections? for example, when a mood is completed i have a custom file i'd prefer to be played rather than one of the five included sounds.

You can add whole xml file as includeto custom xml, btw: <includeListing filePathAndName="myOwn.xml"/>

Everything except packs adventurer, animals, battle and deaths will be overriden if pattern matches. Basically, first pattern that matches is processed for sound and anything that follows is ignored, packs are loaded aplhabetically.

You can also disable whole xml file in gui so that it will not be processed at all if you really want to replace it with your own custom thing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1014 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:14 am »

Hey,

About the achievements: I think it would be really interesting to use this for a statistic after a fortress has been abandoned/defeated. To see how many masterwork items were made, how many migrants/kids have come, how many artefacts have been made... I dont know about the achievements as such, DF is open ended anyway and people make their own personal achievements to pursue, but I think people would love to see a summary of what they have done in the very end.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheYakuza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 20, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »

I am really kicking myself for not getting this earlier. It pulls you into the game so much, really amazing.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:32 am »

I have the masterwork mod for dwarf fortress that comes with soundsense. My soundsense doesn't update to fully, I went to the gamelog.txt files like it told me to do so. But when I go to update the darn thing, it goes for a distance and pauses and just never continues. if anyone can offer assistance for me it would be great. I have the version for windows.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1017 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:56 am »

I have the masterwork mod for dwarf fortress that comes with soundsense. My soundsense doesn't update to fully, I went to the gamelog.txt files like it told me to do so. But when I go to update the darn thing, it goes for a distance and pauses and just never continues. if anyone can offer assistance for me it would be great. I have the version for windows.

Try downloading whole pack zip from websitze.

In meantime, where does it pause? On what does it stop?

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 25, 2013, 09:32:44 am »

I even went to your website and downloaded the version with the achievements. Well when I go to update it, it'll just stop at random spots and not do a thing. I'll exit out of it, redo it, bam it'll go a little further or it'll just not go at all.

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:29 am »

Try downloading whole pack zip from websitze.

In meantime, where does it pause? On what does it stop?

It seems the size of autoUpdater.xml doesnt match what it says in it and cause the update system acting wierd on my computer, all Simon Swerwer song are not downloaded corrently yet the update system said it has been downloaded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
perhaps these line goes wrong, the size doesnt match.
<file name="autoUpdater.xml" sha1="52cdb5440dd40c731915e1b7b8d6f2fd55bba841" size="90685"/>
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105