Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8807 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

On the elven homeland of Kinvar, a cult of demon worshipers have brought hell upon the land. Demons and horrors unspeakable rampage across the continent in massive hordes lead by great Archdemons,  demigods twisted from the bodies and souls of the cultists which summoned them. Many of the elves, soon realizing that all hope is lost, flee to the colonies on the other continents, pleading the native races for aid. The reactions of the other races are unknown, though the humans, still holding upon old grudges and greedy and war-like from a thousand years of war against the goblins, see this as an opportunity. They agree to help the elves, though their true intentions are kept secret to all but the commanders.

Within the year, a force of 8000 strong is assembled and sent out to Kinvar in the largest human fleet ever to set sail, totaling 27 of the largest ships available along with 3 of the elves' sleek and tough bone-ships, filled primarily with supplies along with a few hundred of those warriors and mystics the colonies could spare. Reinforcements are also promised within a year or two.

In little more then a month, Kinvar is within sight, though it is nothing of the expected. Great clouds of blackened ash and smoke choke the sky for miles upward, the ocean seems to be pulled toward it, preventing the fleet from turning back. As they near the land the ocean boils with noxious fumes and turns a chalky white, and they realize that the thing pulling them inward is a massive gash within the earth which threatens to claim them in its seemingly infinite abyss. Only a lucky few ships manage to crash upon the basalt shores, with only slightly more then 1000 men (and all of the elves) surviving the ordeal. Supplies have dwindled after the month-like journey here, though with so many less mouths to feed they are estimated to last about a month. You are among these men and elves, marooned upon a hellish and forbidding wasteland, your only hope of survival or rescue over a year away.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Characters and turns
Also here
Turn 4

Also, feel free to ask any questions you have via PM or post.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:36:02 am by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:34:00 am »

Im bein a little non-conformist here, i hope it's not outta the question

Name: Eisthln
Race: Human(Werewolf)
Skills: Lunar Magic, Perception, Hunting; if this is too many, i wrote them in order that i want to keep them
Background info: Eisthln was a hunter in the human nation of (inset nation here), relying more on wits and a keen thrust with a spear, than with stalking and a bow, this strategy while through many years providing him a bounty greater than most hunters can ever achive, it backfired on him 2-3 years ago (gm decides) when his game was a werewolf that had been terrorising the nearby village. While he managed to slay it, it managed to infect him. Before the next wolf moon (because its not necisarily the full moon that does it in you're world), he managed to find writings from an old lycanthrope empire, about how to controll the moon's influence, and also channel it's energy in other ways, he manages to take controll, while he is still a werewolf it is HE that is in controll, most of the time. He maintained his skills while learning the magic, untill the deamon attacks happened, he quickly joined the expedition/evacuation finally wanting to explore new horrisons.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:45:05 am »

That's fine, although it should be noted that the sun and moon don't exist in the hell world (Or at least, their influences are far away enough that it is irrelevant). As such, your powers would likely no longer rely upon lunar cycles. However, this hellish land is strange and twisted, and magic from the outside world has a tendency to be very unpredictable...

Also, the unorthodox magic I can explain as simply being pagan beliefs which draw upon mysterious powers not fully understood. Magic IS typically mysterious, after all. You can also go ahead and get creative with the nation you came from and other stuff if you so wish, I never really developed the individual nations of the world beyond a broad history (which I'll probably have to put in the background spoiler...).
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:56:14 am »

ok then, well the lunar magic is not really lunar anymore is it, but lets just leave it as that you know what i mean, if thats ok

Nation: Estal
A flourrishing plainsland nation that covered 2503 Square Kilometers, and contained rougly 1.5 million people, they were scholars and farmers, producing much more than enough for themselves, and freely trading it to those that were open, for building materials, luxuries and most importantly information and news, they were governed by an everchanging council, the highest contributers in either knowledge of produce from each region. Being a demiliterised nation, they were completley devistated when the demons arrived, with the few survivors retreating to the nearby highland kingdom of Valur who welcomed them due to the close ties of friendship they shared, the new Valur/Estal defended the mountains feircly, untill they were forced to retreat furthur, into an unihabited coastlands.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 02:10:52 am »

I failed to mention in the main post that Kinvar is a continent, not just a land. No other races have any sovereignty over Kinvar, and humans have yet to expand to any continent other then their birth and home-land, Humvar, which is another continent.

Also, many of the details you've made for your nation is contradictory to the history I've made for the humans, which I shall be editing into the main post after this. I guess there are ways I could explain it, though you'd probably have to make them an island nation.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 02:12:45 am »

well just change anything that does not fit, that is why i wanted you to make it, im sorry that it does not fit though

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 02:40:58 am »

Name: Don Onil
Race: Human
Skills: Swordsmanship, Riding, Leadership
Background:  A son of a minor noble, Don was trained from birth to combat the minor nuisance the goblins of the mountains still caused.  Though he absolutely hates politics, his father thrives on them, constantly pulling strings in the background to put his son forward.  An obedient if unwilling son, Don received his first command at only 15, and has been fighting ever since.  His first command was of a small outpost on the northern boarder.  After turning back a goblin raiding party with his relatively small garrison, he was promoted, and gained control of the cavalry company which constantly patrols the boarder.  His skill with the sword is impressive, and over the course of 10 years, he has gained the trust and respect of his men.  When the news of the fleet going to Kinvar reached his father's ears, his fate was sealed.  For reasons unknown to him, his father pressed upon him the importance of this mission.  He said this was a great opportunity for the family, one which would not come again.  So, confused, but with the rank of Captain (partly due to his father's manipulations, partly due to merit), Don kissed his wife and newborn son goodbye, and set sail to Kinvar.  Besides the family sword and his own armor and horse, Don takes with him two letters, both given to him by his father.  One, he was instructed to open when the ships reached Kinvar, though he has forgotten about it in the crash.  The second letter was said to be explained in the first; whatever that means.

Sound good?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:08:55 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:54:36 am »

Here is the Character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:59:11 am by Nevyn134 »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:55:48 am »

well just change anything that does not fit, that is why i wanted you to make it, im sorry that it does not fit though

It's okay, if you want me to make it I can, though all we really need right now is a name. The rest can be filled in later or just with generic stuff.

Name: Don Onil
Race: Human
Skills: Swordsmanship, Riding, Leadership
Background:  A son of a minor noble, Don was trained from birth to combat the constant goblin raids into their territory.  Though he absolutely hates politics, his father thrives on them, constantly pulling strings in the background to put his son forward.  An obedient, if unwilling son, Don received his first command at only 15, and has been fighting ever since.  His first command was of a small outpost on the northern boarder.  After turning back a major goblin offensive with his relatively small garrison, he was promoted, and gained control of the cavalry company which constantly patrols the boarder.  His skill with the sword is impressive, and over the course of 10 years, he has gained the trust and respect of his men.  When the news of the fleet going to Kinvar reached his father's ears, his fate was sealed.  For reasons unknown to him, his father pressed upon him the importance of this mission.  He said this was a great opportunity for the family, one which would not come again.  So, confused, but with the rank of Captain (partly due to his father's manipulations, partly due to merit), Don kissed his wife and newborn son goodbye, and set sail to Kinvar.  Besides the family sword and his own armor and horse, Don takes with him two letters, both given to him by his father.  One, he was instructed to open when the ships reached Kinvar, though he has forgotten about it in the crash.  The second letter was said to be explained in the first; whatever that means.

Sound good?

Sounds good, though the goblin war was largely ended about hundred or so years ago. No biggy though, I can explain that as the goblins making a comeback or just never really being completely destroyed.

Hey, i would like to join this RTD, just writing a character. Will Edit this post with it.

Glad to see there's plenty of interest!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:58:02 am by abculatter_2 »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 03:06:46 am »

Alright; makes sense that there's still some goblins up in the mountains who come down every so often with delusions of grandeur.  I did change "major offensive" to "raiding party" and "constant raids" to "minor nuisance" to make that work better.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 03:12:08 am »

I'll post all the characters and situations on the main post and in a new post when either 1. we have 5 or more people or 2. it's tomorrow. Then we'll start.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:15:09 am by abculatter_2 »

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 04:33:38 am »

cool

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 04:54:19 am »

Nevyn, could you go over your character's background and skills and make it a bit clearer? As it is now it seems like you weren't really thinking straight when you typed it, and there are a few grammar mistakes.

I can understand the gist of it, it's mainly just the grammar mistakes.

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:04:15 am »

Sure, sorry, was typing it while watching a movie with family, will fix it in a moment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:23:36 am »

his magic seems to be the D&D 2nd ed definition of necromancy (the creation, manipulation or destruction of life), healing spells were necromancy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11