Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8806 times)

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 05:59:33 am »

Edit of Character done :)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 01:08:58 pm »

June 23, Update 2:
Eisthin: (Starting roll: 7/10)
Eisthin had known something was wrong long before the first black clouds had been seen on the horizon. He had felt a strange tingle along his spine for days before. His inner beast, the vicious thing which tore at him from within, had begun to act... strangely. Suppression and rituals which had for years held it in check had begun to fail, not because of a gain in strength by the thing but they simply didn't work anymore. Both had grown steadily worse as the week progressed, though he had managed to keep the thing more or less in check.

When the dark clouds passed overhead, however, something within him changed. No longer was the beast bound by moon and stars, but some mysterious, stygian force permeating this land. He almost lost control, only maintaining it with the help of the ship's mage, who seemed to be suffering a similar problem of things not working like they did before.

When at last his sense and reason came back and the thing died down once again, he found his clothes and armor had been rent in several places, though remained largely intact, his sword had been removed, likely by the mage, and his shoes lay gnawed to oblivion upon the floor. He then looked outside his door and saw that they had been shipwrecked for a few hours upon this black land's shores, and the moment he felt the cold rock beneath him, he knew things were going to be quite different here.

Don Onil: (Starting roll: 3/10)
Don had been unfortunate, his ship was perhaps the one thrown most violently upon the shores, ending up in several pieces barely holding each other in place between an outcropping of rock. In the chaos of the crash his horse, which was prized in several kingdoms and had cost his father much more then a few favors, along with most of the other horses, had fallen into the water and slipped down into the abyss. He had been fortunate enough to save his sword and its sheath, along with his well-made steel breastplate, though the rest of his armor had fallen into the acidic ocean, just within sight and just outside of reach. Most of his possessions had remained within their wooden chest in the ship's lower hull, though several of the clothes were ruined by the ocean water, which had managed to seep through a small crack.

Among those possessions which were not ruined, however, were two mysterious letters he found at the bottom of his chest.

Nevyn Fenrok: (Starting roll: 8/10)
Nevyn had a good feeling about this place. He wasn't quite sure why, the place sent a creepy tingle up his spine and his various devices and tinkerings had, for the first in years, begun to fail him. The clouds and blackness were also ominous, along with the boiling ocean, and the current slowly pulling them toward certain death, oh and the fact that he could no longer reliably heal wounds, plus he heard that that werewolf which had ridden with him on the same ship, and was quite a nice fellow, he though, had started loosing control, but still he had a good feeling about this place. His ship was one of the farthest away from the gash sucking them in, and as such had not suffered the most violent parts of the current. The only damage was a decoupling of its lowest deck, which was for the most part empty at the time, and a few other large holes. As such, only half of his extensive collection of things had been lost, and his sword and armor, though not particularly well-made to begin with, had been completely undamaged. Most of his clothes and other possessions remained intact as well, if a bit disintegrated by the ocean's acidity.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:12:54 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:19 pm »

Find some chains and hooks to use as a drag net to get my armor back.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 01:49:25 pm »

(Perception roll: 2)
You search the wreckage and find a small, frail fishing hook and a chain which has been bolted to the side of the ship for some unknown purpose, unusable.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:52:08 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 03:01:34 pm »

I hope I'm not too late >.>

Name: Jessup Atel
Race: Human
Skills: Crossbow use, Trapping, Interrogation, Forester
Background Info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wrote my background kinda quick, if you want I can write more when I have more time. I can provide a physical description if you need it lol
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:04:04 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »

You're in. I think I'll stop recruiting at about 6 or 7 people, or until it is no longer thematically appropriate for new characters to arise (unless the creators can get creative).

I'll write up your start in an hour or two, I'm not feel very well currently.
Oh, and you got a 4/10 for the starting roll.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 05:18:46 pm »

Jessup Atel: (Starting roll: 4/10)

Jessup never liked the sea. Sure, it was pretty, but the salt stung his nose and dried his throat, and the sea sickness... He never knew his stomach could produce so much bile in a day. Even after a full month upon the sea he was still almost always queasy, which he only just managed to keep down with the help of a threatened herbalist, who he was very thankful to have on the same ship. When his ship began to jostle about from light rapids caused by the ocean's gradually increasing speed, he was once again reduced to shivering upon guard rails as his stomach worked furiously to create more bile to hurl upon the ocean. He barely cared for the ominous signs around him and it was only when the ground began coming up to meet him that he finally moved, scrabbling with wobbling legs up a deck which was very quickly becoming a wall. However, he had little chance of performing this feat even with a sense of balance, and fell flat upon his back on the cold, hard shore. Fortunately, he was only winded and bruised, though now all of his possessions save the clothes on his back lay jumbled somewhere within the beached wooden whale before him, and the only entrance he could see currently was twenty feet of sheer wall away.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:22:23 pm by abculatter_2 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 05:45:47 pm »

Thank the creator...I'm off the damnned ocean. Don't see how people can make a life on one of those, and leave your fate up to the mercy of the wind. Damn.

Not sure if I can get up there...might as well try, before I get et'. I hope the Lord is choking on his own blood.

Actions
Search the beach and the area around the ship for climbing pitons, hooks or a close approximation thereof (any jagged metal which could feasibly hold my weight), which I can use to climb my way up the wooden deck and find my way into my quarters and retrieve any of my goods which survived.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

(Perception roll: 6)

You have only to look to your right before seeing that the rigging of the ship's mast is hanging downward, well within reach. This mast, while it does not lead to the entrance you're currently closest to, does lead to another which will likely be just as suitable. You're soon crawling across this mast and it is not long before you jump for the hole's ledge and stare down into the hull. Unfortunately, you didn't have the foresight to think of a way out of the ship once you're in, and none immediately present themselves, this ledge being too far from the floor to reach. You now have a choice, jump within the hull and see what you have left, or waste the effort of getting here and continue without?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 06:07:59 pm »

Concentrate. I'm not going any where without supplies...maybe I can find other people in the hull. I'm not enough of a medic to help them, but if they already passed, they can help me...

Actions
Search the hold for my gear!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »

(Luck roll: 1)

You haul yourself over the ledge and loose your grip, only barely avoiding falling on your face by instead landing flat on your still upset stomach. You upheave bile, and after a moment realize that you have just barfed on your crossbow, which you've had for years after you stole it from a sleeping caravan guard. After slowly pushing yourself upward, you look around the inner deck and find yourself atop a tumbled hill of various cargo, mostly crates and barrels filled with various supplies, and that the thing you fell upon was your already dented and misfitting armor. You also see that no one else is within the hold, and that no exit is currently in sight.

Unfortunately, the crossbow and armor is all of use which you manage to find, save a few masses of liquefied salted meats. You cannot find either bolts nor quiver.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

"Thank you, you'd better keep a hold of my sword untill im certain that i can contain the beast once more"

Action: Attempt to rework the bindings that keep the wolf in check, sacrificing not transforming so that i am in controll, at same time (because it makes sense) attemp to figgure out how to do my magic in this new world
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 06:53:14 pm »

Actions
Do a final search for my bolts and whatever else is in here, and pull open any heavily damaged crates and barrels. Dont bother with any that would take too long, and I'm probably hoping too much that anything was labeled...heh. I am looking specifically for a axe, hammer, or pickaxe,-both as a melee weapon and something to try and break through a weak section of hull to escape. Edible food or water would be nice, assuming we will die of hunger/thirst without?

OOC: I'm wondering, how many actions consitute a full turn? I'm getting a few extra rounds on the other players at this rate, not sure if it's fair!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

Wolfchild:

(Roll: 6)

You find a secluded area far away from the others and begin meditating, attempting to discover the secrets of magic in this world. You reach for the familiar, universal energies which you had previously shaped into lunar magic... and discover they are no longer their. You don't understand, these are laws of the universe! Mere demons cannot tamper with something so adamant... or... can they? The thought worries you, what else can they bend? Then, you notice again the tingling which has plagued your spine since you came here and focusing upon it you realize that it is a feeling not unlike the feeling of the old lunar energies flowing through you. Though its touch is distinctly different, you think you can sense... patterns in it, fluctuations in the world's energies similar the waxing and waning of the moon and sun, though many times more powerful and with little discernible order. You think that if you can just learn these fluctuations and their pattern, maybe you can work this power to your advantage, like the lunar magic before.

As you focus upon these patterns, however, you almost fail to notice a blood red slime-like substance seep from the rock around you, only noticing it when it begins to creep upon your skin. You pull away and find that it stretches, latching on firmly like the grip of some amorphous creature.

Dwarmin:

(OCC comment: I never really decided on the turn structure, I was thinking of it being encounter-based instead of action-based, but I don't rally know how that would work out, so, I'll go with... I guess three actions per turn, then we wait for everyone to catch up, and continue. As I said in the rule section, though, I'm kinda new to RTD.)

(Perception roll: 6)

Your search eventually turns fruitful as you find a quiver full of bolts, along with a heavy axe which you have trouble carrying, an empty leather backpack, two jars of nuts and dried fruit, and you manage to salvage about a week's worth of edible salted meats if they were carefully rationed. You do find a barrel of fresh water with a leak in it, though you have nothing to hold it in. You attempt to find something to hold this water when you notice something slither away near your feet. You pray it was just your imagination.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »

As both practice and a method of stopping the slime, i gather some of the energy, geting a feel for it, then blast it at the slime, if it can be shaped into lunar energy then it should not hurt me...(chance for screw up here is obvious)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11