Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds.  (Read 1790 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds.
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:05:22 pm »

My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds. My nobles have beds, but will not sleep in them. Thus, they are not sleeping in the nice rooms I have given them and have bad thoughts.

Fixes?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Asellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:20:37 pm »

Drop the nobles into magma.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:21:42 pm »

Then appoint new ones and drop them in again.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:39:15 pm »

Quote from: Asellus on Today at 05:20:37 pm

Tantrum spiral.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

Try locking them in their rooms and dropping food in through a hatch.

This has two advantages.

1. They will sleep in their room.
2. When you kill them, nobody cares... because they aren't able to make friends.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 05:42:38 pm »

I was hoping this got fixed with 31.08 :/
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:45:32 pm »

Quote from: Asellus on Today at 05:20:37 pm

Tantrum spiral.

Drop the tantruming ones into magma.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

In my current fortress I made one really big room with a hundred or so beds and assigned overlapping bedrooms from each one.  That way even if a dwarf isn't sleeping in their own bed, they're at least still counted as sleeping in their own bedroom.  My baroness is getting pretty pissed off at everyone having an epic bedroom unfortunately.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 05:59:39 pm »

In my current fortress I made one really big room with a hundred or so beds and assigned overlapping bedrooms from each one.  That way even if a dwarf isn't sleeping in their own bed, they're at least still counted as sleeping in their own bedroom.  My baroness is getting pretty pissed off at everyone having an epic bedroom unfortunately.
Doesn't the room value go down abysmally when you overlap like that?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:18 pm »

Not so much.  I think that only the first four overlappings decrease the room value, then it doesn't decrease any more.  So a giant room full of masterwork furniture and engravings that's been designated as 100 overlapping bedrooms is still pretty high in value.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:12 pm »

Well, it's divided by two per every single time you overlap. However, with such a huge room, statues are your friend.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 06:04:01 pm »

Doesn't matter if the value goes down as long as the value is astronomically high.

Please don't quote me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 06:07:54 pm »

Okay which way does it work? If it is divided by 2 for every overlap, the room value is going to be terrible no matter what in all likelihood with 99 overlaps.

Say the room is worth 1 billion dwarfbux. After only 20 overlaps it would be worth 953.67... bux

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 06:09:14 pm »

This seems to be a bug in the recent versions.... One large room seems to work but individual bedrooms seem desirable (hence why they are in game).

Please don't quote me.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 06:18:43 pm »

I just make epic dining rooms, and give everyone a bed. Masterwork engravings and legendary cooks mean that I rarely ever worry about happiness.
Pages: [1] 2