Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds.  (Read 1789 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: My Dwarves will not sleep in their own beds.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 06:22:00 pm »

Is there any downside to NOT assigning beds? My dwarves seem to sleep in on em just fine without making them rooms.

I still give the nobles rooms, but my nobles are locked away in a separate part of the fort fed through a bridge lock system.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »

Okay which way does it work? If it is divided by 2 for every overlap, the room value is going to be terrible no matter what in all likelihood with 99 overlaps.
It doesn't divide by 2 for every overlap.  It divides by 2 for a few (I think four, but not sure) overlaps, then stays the same no matter how more rooms you overlap on the same space.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 07:31:28 pm »

Is there any downside to NOT assigning beds? My dwarves seem to sleep in on em just fine without making them rooms.

I still give the nobles rooms, but my nobles are locked away in a separate part of the fort fed through a bridge lock system.
My understanding is that the happy thought for sleeping in one's own nice bed is greater than for merely sleeping in a nice bed. But this is just what I've inferred from how those thoughts are described in-game; I have no verification of this.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 10:22:30 pm »

It would make sense that a dwarf prefers to sleep in his own, getting a better happy thought from it (plus the thought from admiring their owned furniture). Unfortunately right now it's not a priority that they use their own bed, or even select an available bed when they need to sleep and don't already own one (pre-economy/rent), so you're left with having to use workarounds - such as overlapping bedrooms made legendary by reckless use of statues and engraving. And that's if you even really care about it (e.g. whether a legendary dining room, meals, drinks, plentiful work aren't enough to keep dwarves happy alone).
Pages: 1 [2]