Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41694 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

I'm not going to bother extending because no one is going to extend with me.

FAKE-EDIT:
Oh hell, extend[/b[ then.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2010, 05:26:12 pm »

extend
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »

That was fast.

Day is Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2010, 08:40:07 pm »

Unvote

That is a very good reason to focus on vampires alone.

Also, this throws certain peoples insistence that there aren't vampires into a whole new light, Lonewolf
I never said there aren't any, I said that the flavor didn't feel like vampires to me, and Toony's latching on to them seemed wierd.   If he'd given me a straight answer instead of beating around the bush, I wouldn't have had to repeat myself three or four times.  If you think the repetition of a minor suspicion means I'm 'insisting' that there aren't vampires, then I'm thinking you're getting pretty desperate to find a new target now that Toony's claimed.  I'd say you're looking like panicky scum right now, NUKE9.13.

Anyway, three extensions in the space of five minutes sends up a red flag on my scumdar, but since it is so close to the end of the day, coincidence is still reasonably probable.  What do you guys think?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:22 pm »

Are you a really good hypocrite or does it come natural?  I didn't beat the bush around your questions either, you just didn't see my answers, which I stated.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:23 pm »

How is ToonyMan cleared, exactly?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:20 pm »

Are you a really good hypocrite or does it come natural?  I didn't beat the bush around your questions either, you just didn't see my answers, which I stated.

I did see your answers.  They were vague and deflective, and I continued pressing you until I got something decent.

How is ToonyMan cleared, exactly?

He's not, but a pet vig will be useful.  Let's keep him alive and get some inspections and maybe a kill or two out of him.  If he steps one toe out of line, well, open season on vampire hunters.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

That's not clearing, you just want to keep him around because he'll be useful.

And I happen to agree with you on that, by the way, but don't beat around the bush.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:36 pm »

Why the FUCK would you inspect for a threat that may not even EXIST when you can kill? Jeez, ToonyMan, I thought you were smarter than this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:45 pm »

Why the FUCK would you inspect for a threat that may not even EXIST when you can kill? Jeez, ToonyMan, I thought you were smarter than this.
How does this make sense?  I didn't want to kill a townie and if I got a scum verdict I would have told everybody.  Why are you being a moron?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:16 pm »

Why are you freaking out about killing townies? Why are you second guessing yourself? I mean, you're willing to lynch players you think are scummy, right? Well, why not kill them? It's the same goddamn thing! At least in a normal game, I'd accept trying to inspect over killing. But in this game, there MAY or MAY NOT even BE vampires running about! That's the problem! And even if you did have vampires to catch, did you seriously think all of the scum were going to be vampires? Hell, even if there is a vampire, it might even be immune to your inspections!

Ok, let's assume for a second Leafsnail survived last night, so we get to lylo. Your claim is that Leafsnail is not a vampire. That's great, but it doesn't clear Leafsnail. He could still be scum. Hell, it's not even Occam's Razor this time, there's LOADS of ways he could still be scum. But if you've already gone and killed him, there's no ambiguity. If he's scum, one's down. Good. If he was a townie, well, at least there was another town-aligned kill. It might leave us as lylo faster, but it DOES leave the town with more kills than it would of had if you hadn't killed. And he's clear, which we can always work to our advantage. This is why I'm not giving RedWarrior flack for choosing to kill, by the way, but I would like to know what alternatives he had over killing.

I just don't know anymore, ToonyMan. But you know what, ok, fine, I guess I see things from your PoV. Just tell me this, who do you think is scummy? List more than one person, because of the people you say are scummy, one of them is going to die by your hands during Night 2. This is an order, by the way, you've got no choice in the matter. Kill or I'll be holding my vote on your ass for the rest of the game. If by some miracle you survive the night, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2010, 11:37:03 pm »

...fuck.

Well, I don't think I need to answer your previous question, Toony, because you roleclaimed. It seemed like a pretty big stretch to me, but not if you really had knowledge like that.

You're serious, aren't you?

You should answer his question anyways.  Why would assuming Vampires be a bad thing (before there was a claimed Vampire Hunter)?  Especially when there were two people filling in all the holes before and Lonewolf's Werewolves afterwords.

Still, I can't ignore your meta and how you've been so defensive and abrasive. You still feel like scum Toony to me, and I'm not 100% convinced this isn't a fake claim. I mean, I've seen you fakeclaim before, so why would I believe you now? You might be some weird third-party half-scum or something, I don't know.

If he's telling the truth, it makes sense that he's being defensive and abrasive.  He's about to be lynched for trying to tell the truth with a chance of the scum not picking up on it (of course if they were Vampires, I doubt it).  And if he's telling the truth, we've already seen two third parties.  Do you really think we'll see more?

Regardless, your actions up to this point prompt me to leave my vote on you. If you're telling the truth, though, I'll make sure to keep following along with what you were doing.

What it looks like to me is that you think that he'll flip town but you want him lynched anyways.  So you're hedging your bets.  Scummy.

Well, I have a job that's currently being a bit more than 9 to 5, which gets in the way of posting more than once a day. I apologize if that seems like lurking to you.

Also, vote ToonyMan (as if more were needed, but this is my last post of the day). You were reading as strangely off day one, your reading as even more off today: Your typing style is alternatively clipped, overly-explanatory, or forced. Even as you approach a lynch (and thus, proof of your alignment) you keep defending yourself and latching on to the vampire/werewolf/cult argument. You're panicking, and that's not town ToonyMan.

And it makes it difficult (if not impossible) for you to respond to new circumstances like ToonyMan's claim.

Same as above, he's about to be lynched for telling the truth.  I'd be panicky too.

Firstly, what did you mean by the part that I bolded?

1.The Vampires thing itself wasn't what had me suspicious; I even said that I could see where he drew that conclusion from in a previous post. What I was saying was kind of suspicious was the way he immediately moved from, "Hey, vampires." to "There is not only a Vampire party, but a Vampire Cult." See where I had kind of a problem with it?

2. I understand what you're saying, but you have to see it from my view: I was scum with him last game and we pulled the same gambit. I'm not going to believe him point-blank on anything.

3. I believe that he's exhibited scumtells and that I want to find out for sure if his claim was for real. If it is and he dies, we have a large amount of information to work with. If it's not and he dies, awesome for us. If it's not true and he lives, though, we gain nothing and take a huge risk. An extra kill like that takes us to LyLo really fast, as well.

I understand Toony's reasoning for not killing all the time, but Mr.Person has a good point in that just inspecting doesn't really do much for us when it's so focused that he can only see Vampires.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2010, 11:42:44 pm »

Why are you freaking out about killing townies? Why are you second guessing yourself? I mean, you're willing to lynch players you think are scummy, right? Well, why not kill them? It's the same goddamn thing! At least in a normal game, I'd accept trying to inspect over killing. But in this game, there MAY or MAY NOT even BE vampires running about! That's the problem! And even if you did have vampires to catch, did you seriously think all of the scum were going to be vampires? Hell, even if there is a vampire, it might even be immune to your inspections!

Ok, let's assume for a second Leafsnail survived last night, so we get to lylo. Your claim is that Leafsnail is not a vampire. That's great, but it doesn't clear Leafsnail. He could still be scum. Hell, it's not even Occam's Razor this time, there's LOADS of ways he could still be scum. But if you've already gone and killed him, there's no ambiguity. If he's scum, one's down. Good. If he was a townie, well, at least there was another town-aligned kill. It might leave us as lylo faster, but it DOES leave the town with more kills than it would of had if you hadn't killed. And he's clear, which we can always work to our advantage. This is why I'm not giving RedWarrior flack for choosing to kill, by the way, but I would like to know what alternatives he had over killing.

I just don't know anymore, ToonyMan. But you know what, ok, fine, I guess I see things from your PoV. Just tell me this, who do you think is scummy? List more than one person, because of the people you say are scummy, one of them is going to die by your hands during Night 2. This is an order, by the way, you've got no choice in the matter. Kill or I'll be holding my vote on your ass for the rest of the game. If by some miracle you survive the night, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
"Why are you freaking out about killing townies?"
writes a three paragraph post
If you don't know, I would like town to win this game.

Your questioning if vampires are here is classic WIFOM.  You even say one might be immune to inspections, that's even worse WIFOM.

Your second paragraph is made up flounder, I did what I thought was right, if I outed a vampire it would help us.  If your so butt hurt I'll kill next time just for your ass, okay?

My scum list is here,
Mr.Person - overreacted to my assumption
Jokerman - first claims I'm scum for my "highly specific" knowledge of the game, then says that he actually was just voting me because of "meta-reasons" vamptrash move
Lonewolf - "You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?", just laugh a little at his hypocrisy, then realize his overreaction to my assumption
NUKE - his vote came the hell out of nowhere and is utterly nonsensical, I explained above
And its remained the same so far.

Just a little thought anyway, if I did kill (I'll do that this night if given the chance) it would have been useless anyway.  So harm isn't even done in the first place.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2010, 11:44:17 pm »

1.The Vampires thing itself wasn't what had me suspicious; I even said that I could see where he drew that conclusion from in a previous post. What I was saying was kind of suspicious was the way he immediately moved from, "Hey, vampires." to "There is not only a Vampire party, but a Vampire Cult." See where I had kind of a problem with it?

XD

hahahaha

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2010, 11:45:44 pm »

I love how Jokerman and Mr.Person are freaking out after I role-claimed.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29