Siren-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Krigg-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Other?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. The resurrection.  (Read 33616 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. Turn 6.
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »

Me. Writing up turns takes a few hours, and I didn't get around to it today, sorry.

Fake edit - Wolfchild was late on his turn, and would have been skipped completely if I had done the turn today.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »

What I believe Techno is saying is...

I PM my Turn...
I then Post in Thread saying Turn PMed...
Yes, that seems to be what he is saying. I'm fine with this, it would be informative to people. I just don't think you should force people to do it. It would be more convenient, I think, for Nirur Torir to post who needs to send in their turns instead of a whole bunch of people posting and then anyone interested has to look through the last several pages to find who sent in their turns, etc.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »

That was what I was saying. But was just a suggestion anyway.

*Waits for the turn to pop up while at work.*
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 23, 2010, 12:03:12 am »

I think that Nirur should not have any more workload, of course, it would be comforting to know that turns had been recognised by the host, but if we weren't willing to put up with a bit of Fun, why would we be here?

I wonder if something like Gametable could be used to keep track of unit positions...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 23, 2010, 01:13:38 am »

Well, he's doing it anyways, right? It's not like he goes, "Hmmm, I think most people have a turn in, I guess I'll make the turn and whoever hasn't put in a turn can go screw themselves." Presumably he already knows who needs to put in a turn, in order to PM them and such.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 23, 2010, 01:22:31 am »

Maybe, I always assumed that the turns were assembled by wearing a blindfold and throwing darts at a keyboard...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 23, 2010, 07:32:15 pm »

Any work on the turn today?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2010, 05:36:27 pm »

Maybe, I always assumed that the turns were assembled by wearing a blindfold and throwing darts at a keyboard...
Something like that, yes.

Still no turn yet, sorry. Instead, I bring you a rough mock-up of the system map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The number shows the number of hexes between the bodies. Brown dots are like Krigg, blue dots are like Siren, and gray dots are asteroids. Small dots are moons or asteroids, medium dots are planets, and the large dot is Alpha Centauri Alpha. Beta's off doing its own thing, somewhere else.
This will change once I try to map it out and realize that the numbers don't fit. The question is, which way should it be changed?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 24, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »

Ooh, spoilers! Though it's a bit confusing... I'll wait until it's elaborated on "at a later date", I guess.

What "ways" are there? What do you mean by that? Like, remove hexes completely and just do a distance calculation for space? I don't like that way. I like hexes.

I'll try to draw up a map, to try to have a "proof of concept" and try to make the numbers fit. However! I could be, you know, secretly/subconsciously making the map more beneficial to me (e.g. make asteroids and planets nearer to Krigg and further from Siren). So you shouldn't just use my map, and you shouldn't not use my map (because then I could submit a map I didn't like to ensure it wasn't used). You should just examine it, and use it to generate a new map, whether that is my map or not.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2010, 06:14:29 pm »

What "ways" are there? What do you mean by that? Like, remove hexes completely and just do a distance calculation for space? I don't like that way. I like hexes.
Space will behave just like the other maps. I meant suggestions for distances.

I'll try to draw up a map, to try to have a "proof of concept" and try to make the numbers fit. However! I could be, you know, secretly/subconsciously making the map more beneficial to me (e.g. make asteroids and planets nearer to Krigg and further from Siren). So you shouldn't just use my map, and you shouldn't not use my map (because then I could submit a map I didn't like to ensure it wasn't used). You should just examine it, and use it to generate a new map, whether that is my map or not.
The real map will be a recolored and re-sized planetary map. I won't stop you from submitting your own ideas of what the map should look like, of course, but this is my basic idea of what the map will look like, barring changes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2010, 06:20:55 pm »

I hate to be a bother, seeing as I'm not even playing, but is the info in the first post correct and updated with regards to research and unit formulae, or could you post it again? It seems like nobody's got it fully grasped.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:08 pm »

The real map will be a recolored and re-sized planetary map. I won't stop you from submitting your own ideas of what the map should look like, of course, but this is my basic idea of what the map will look like, barring changes.
..oh. Well, here's my mockup. I tried to stay as close to the original angles as possible; note that the bottom planet might be lower by a little bit, if you want to make the angle lower. I ran out of room.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems like nobody's got it fully grasped.
I dunno, a lot of people seem to be fine with it. RAM, Knight Otu, and I, for example, haven't really had any problems.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2010, 09:35:05 pm »

Looks good to me, although you may want to make the better planets closer together, where people can fight over them more, although some sort of difficult to defend stagin point near a valuable planet could let a strong force set up a staging point for later attacks...
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:20 am »

How's the turn coming along?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:44 am »

:(
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42