Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699946 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48360 on: December 31, 2014, 03:33:51 am »

My first fort was in a terribly old version of DF before Z levels. Boatmurdered was a year or two old at that point, but it introduced me to the game and I played that version for a little while.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48361 on: December 31, 2014, 04:06:23 am »

My first fort was slaughtered by the fact that dorfs liek buze

That little fact there is still to this day the one thing that constantly topples my empires.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48362 on: December 31, 2014, 04:08:21 am »

I get the same thing. It's tough to stay on top of drink production unless you have an excess of plants. I wish you could set certain plants not to be eaten raw.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48363 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:44 am »

I get the same thing. It's tough to stay on top of drink production unless you have an excess of plants. I wish you could set certain plants not to be eaten raw.

Cook EVERYTHING and forbid all plants to be cooked.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48364 on: December 31, 2014, 04:24:56 am »

The new plant gathering should make that easier.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #48365 on: December 31, 2014, 06:28:58 am »

Cook EVERYTHING and forbid all plants to be cooked.
Alternatively, you can just set brewing action on repeat and wait until you either run out of barrels, run out of plump helmets or have 500+ units of booze in stock. Then repeat this when needed. Works for me.

Of course, this does pose a problem if plump helmets are the only available source of food in general in your fort.
But yeah, cooking helps because the majority of dors, bar those few who have extreme craving for plum helmets, prefer to eat prepared food even if it just of -quality-. I think.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48366 on: December 31, 2014, 07:54:44 am »

Yeah, brewing on repeat, farming every season, and I routinely have thousands of booze.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48367 on: December 31, 2014, 11:58:37 am »

My first fort death was me expanding my storage room in to the river. Damn diagonals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48368 on: December 31, 2014, 12:54:23 pm »

Yeah, brewing on repeat, farming every season, and I routinely have thousands of booze.
I do this and typically run out of barrels long before I run out of brewable plants :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48369 on: December 31, 2014, 01:07:24 pm »

I have a small portion of my fort set up to make barrels, pots, jugs (for oil), and booze. I usually set it up as a holy brewery. At least two crafts workshops and four stills.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48370 on: December 31, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »

Dfhack has a nice thing where you just tell your brewers that you need a stock of 10 barrels of booze, and they'll top it up when needed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48371 on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:02 pm »

That only works if you're not a dumb purist that doesn't use third-party applications. I'm definitely not thinking of me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48372 on: December 31, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »

+1 vanilla.

My forts die of starvation. Or at least, the one or two that did. My most successful one yet had some problems with food storage room overcrowding.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48373 on: December 31, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »

I don't think of things like DFHack or Dwarf Therapist as mods so much as "Fuck You, Interface"'s.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48374 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

Wood's simple- big above or underground area, stone's simple since there's so fucking much. Defence? Traps upon traps upon traps and drawbridges.
Heh, wood is everywhere in the new version thanks to full-size trees. I had to expand my wood room twice and I'll have to do it again soon. I should just start making everything out of wood.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 ... 3345