Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699293 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48375 on: December 31, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

I don't think of things like DFHack or Dwarf Therapist as mods so much as "Fuck You, Interface"'s.
Mods, short for modifications. They modify the base game to an extent. Even if it is anti-clutter, it's a modification, ergo it's a mod.
Generally mods are things that affect the game data, USUALLY for adding content or fixing bugs. Utilities are what I'd call DFHack and DT.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48376 on: December 31, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

*waggles hand* DT, maybe -- it doesn't really do anything the base game doesn't do, just makes it a little easier (and does so outside of the actual game interface). DFHack is definitely a mod, though. It changes in-game junk. It could also be a utility for some of its functions, but, eh.

On the other hand, it's probably a little silly to differentiate these days. You usually find utilities in the same place as mods, used in the same breath, etc., etc. Not like it's a big deal to just use the one word for all that junk.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48377 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:19 pm »

Well, I guess the difference to me is "Mods are for fun, Utilities are for easing bullshit/quality-of-life/making it make more sense."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48378 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »

I cannot play DF without DT. I just can't. Manually looking at everyone's skills and assigning jobs is tedious as heck without it because you have to look at each single dwarf individually.

Communist fort must work as whole for glory of motherland~

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48379 on: December 31, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

DT is useful.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person down in these parts that plays Masterwork more often than Vanilla/Lightly modded vanilla.

Edit: And oh, just because I feel like letting out:

I despise my state's government. Seriously? You banned FIREWORKS? What compelled a stupid decision like that? So what, a few dumb rednecks might blow their hands off; that's natural selection at work! It's a GOOD thing!

...Fuck Sparklers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:42:12 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48380 on: December 31, 2014, 04:40:17 pm »

Yeah, I have literally always used DT. I can't play without it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48381 on: December 31, 2014, 04:50:37 pm »

DT is useful.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person down in these parts that plays Masterwork more often than Vanilla/Lightly modded vanilla.
I would play Masterwork again if it was compatible with the latest version.
Especially if Warlock is up to date.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48382 on: December 31, 2014, 05:04:41 pm »

I cannot play DF without DT. I just can't. Manually looking at everyone's skills and assigning jobs is tedious as heck without it because you have to look at each single dwarf individually.

Communist fort must work as whole for glory of motherland~
I just go "Eh, fuck it" and just assign new dwarves to do whatever needs doing. And turning off "fishing", because screw that.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #48383 on: December 31, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »

I'd try Masterwork if I ever worked up the motivation to completely relearn how to play DF.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48384 on: December 31, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »

Fishing is how I usually end up getting all my food and crafts. One skilled dwarf fishing in a river brings in enough mussels to feed about 60-70 dwarfs, and all the mussel shells can be turned into fairly valuable crafts with a skilled bone carver. In one of my current forts, my legendary bone carver is set to make shell crafts and decorate with shell on repeat pretty much 24/7 and I have enough crafts to buy pretty much anything I need from any caravan and still have some left over.

I have to wonder, though. Sometimes I get the message, "With your trade goods such as they are, I can't possibly imagine you taking all these goods."
I feel like it's my broker not being skilled enough because the caravan regularly ends up with thousands of units of value in profit and still gives me that message.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48385 on: December 31, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »

I think they want at least 50% profit once you go over 500 Urists or something like that. I've taken it as a rule of thumb and it works pretty well.

I wonder why there has been so much DF discussion in the lower boards lately.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

blazing glory

« Reply #48386 on: December 31, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

Should finish up the DF derail before nenjin get's annoyed,

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48387 on: December 31, 2014, 05:23:24 pm »

Spoiler: DFesque derail (click to show/hide)
I despise my state's government. Seriously? You banned FIREWORKS? What compelled a stupid decision like that? So what, a few dumb rednecks might blow their hands off; that's natural selection at work! It's a GOOD thing!

I'd say that the problem with fireworks is the aforementioned dumb rednecks blowing OTHER PEOPLES hands off. Not that a fireworks ban stops them at all. I do think fireworks bans are stupid, but that's because the people who its DESIGNED to restrict don't give a fuck anyways and it just ends up getting in the way of the people who use fireworks safely..

FAKEEDIT:

Yessir.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #48388 on: December 31, 2014, 05:24:12 pm »

I have to wonder, though. Sometimes I get the message, "With your trade goods such as they are, I can't possibly imagine you taking all these goods."
I feel like it's my broker not being skilled enough because the caravan regularly ends up with thousands of units of value in profit and still gives me that message.
I've taken that message to mean I'm trying to buy too many goods from them for too few goods from my fort. Like, for an extreme example, buying +300 units of food with a couple gold goblets or something.

Mkay, I'm done.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48389 on: December 31, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »

This makes me rage. The very idea. Not that you're doing it in particular, but that it's such a common thing that people think it's a natural progression. It's just a fucking mod, not the holy goddamn grail.

Seriously, the only reason I complain about Riot is because the Dota community is already shit and the League community is already shit and anything I say is just more shit in the pile. My anger about the community's idea about Masterwork could make the DF community shit and fuck that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:08:50 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 ... 3345