Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3174 3175 [3176] 3177 3178 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702081 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Browse THIS! Edition
« Reply #47625 on: December 13, 2014, 05:21:44 pm »

MERRY 100000!

Nevar 5get

Also why rage against cold weather? Cold weather is happy!

Cold weather is murder. It's the earth, trying to kill you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47626 on: December 13, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »

Nah global warming is the Earth trying to kill you, cold weather is it trying to save you from mosquitoes

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47627 on: December 13, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »

It's just that hot weather is worse. That's the earth trying to cook you, not just kill you. At least the cold lets things wait a bit before the worms come for dinner.

Haha seriously though winter is the only season worth living in, in this part of the states. All the other ones are too hot.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47628 on: December 13, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

It's just that hot weather is worse. That's the earth trying to cook you, not just kill you. At least the cold lets things wait a bit before the worms come for dinner.

Haha seriously though winter is the only season worth living in, in this part of the states. All the other ones are too hot.

There's a saying among doctors, you're not dead until you're dead and warm.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47629 on: December 13, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

You're not dead until you're an open can of worms kicking a dead horse with no spoon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47630 on: December 13, 2014, 05:34:44 pm »

But, wait. Wouldn't that require an endless chain of worm-cans, since you couldn't determine if the horse in question was dead until it was in the same condition?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47631 on: December 13, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

I'd rather be dead than cold. That's how much I hate it. I don't have the body fat to weather the cold gracefully, I was built for running around half-nekkid under the sun. I can sweat and sleep at the same time. Being scuzzy is something a shower can quickly fix. And when you get too warm? Oh noes! You sleep!

Compared to the cold where I a) never want to go anywhere or do anything b) becomes treacherous with snow and ice and c) cause me to cramp up until I make myself sore trying to stay warm. I spent a good portion of college walking to and from bus stations wearing or waiting in them in 20 degree or lower weather, wearing a long john shirt, another shirt, a hoodie, a long coat, a scarf, a stocking cap and gloves, with an entire's day worth of books on my back. About the only thing I didn't wear was long johns under my pants. I still have nightmares about walking around with my backpack, miserable and slowly being crushed by the weight, the walking and the cold.

My hatred of the cold is the reason I rent an entire half of a house and spend 95% of my time in one small room: because we keep the heater off pretty much always to save on utilities, this fucking place is freezing! Always! Even in the summer! So I sit in a small room with my computer and space heater until I get it to a comfortable 72 or 73.

So just to recap: nekkid and warm = joy. Weighed down and cold = death.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:42:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Absolute Zero Edition
« Reply #47632 on: December 13, 2014, 05:40:08 pm »

I agree with Nenjin on this one.
I loves me some 40 degrees (Celsius) weather. Fuck cold weather. Especially when it's windy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47633 on: December 13, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

But, wait. Wouldn't that require an endless chain of worm-cans, since you couldn't determine if the horse in question was dead until it was in the same condition?
Fractal worm-can DNA is within the dead horse

So just to recap: nekkid and warm = joy. Weighed down and cold = death.
nekkid and warm = purgatory
Weighed down and cold = true fuzzy warmth

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47634 on: December 13, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »

Cold weather best weather. Get your inferior warmth out of here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47635 on: December 13, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »

... different geographies, yes.

Here, nekkid and warm doesn't exist, unless it's the closest it gets to cold and you're in blankets (note: That's half the reason I can only enjoy winter -- it's the only season where you can get warm without it becoming hellish). There is only nekkid and either scorched and sunburnt or dehydrated from sweating out. No in betweens. In fact, you generally can't even enjoy going outside half-clothed because you'll cook -- literally cook, and eventually have parts of your precious flesh peel off -- without some sort of covering. Even sunblock sometimes isn't enough.  And that's assuming the bugs don't eat you or you, again, don't get to experience lovely heat stroke or excessive dehydration from sweating out.

The upside, of course, is that 20F weather basically never happens here. There's usually less than a week of it even dipping below freezing, nevermind staying there. Contrast to the several months of 90s and above with massive humidity and endless drought conditions.

Y'all can have my heat. I really wish you'd freaking take it. Give me your cold and wind and hopefully some rain too because we can always bloody use it.

E: Seriously though it's going to be in the fucking 70s next week. Fuck this state with a tuning spork.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:48:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47636 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:39 pm »

No freezing weather = No snow ever

For me temperate, cold and wet is the only way. The only way!

Well, providing I don't have to be eternally wet. I do appreciate grey skies though, the sun is murder to me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47637 on: December 13, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

I'd rather be cold any day.  Heat is okay as long as it's dry, except food sits in the stomach and you have to drink water nigh constantly.  And if there's any humidity at all, sweat everywhere.

Cold can be mitigated with more and more layers and activity/calories.  Sure it can be hard to operate keyboards with numb fingers, but mice still work.  I've been so cold that it stopped being uncomfortable at all, just numb.  It was peaceful, in a if-I-stop-walking-I-guess-I'll-die sort of way.

Once I was late for school and I rode my bicycle without gloves (again).  This time when my hands regained feeling, it hurt a lot more than ever before, to the point that I left class for the bathroom.  When it finally stopped burning, I couldn't feel my left ring finger...  For over two weeks.

But I'd take that sort of numbness over broiling humid heat any day, which is the whole reason I moved to the mountains :D  Oh also because it EVER snows here, instead of weeks of freezing rain.  Which formed invisible black ice on the roads, always fun to bicycle on.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47638 on: December 13, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »

Decorations. So many. Almost a dozen boxes filled with them. The only thing that outnumbered the ornaments were the kitchen things.

And getting yelled at for no reason. I ask if there's any help needed in putting things away. I get told no, and that I would be told when I am needed. Then I am screamed at for not helping.

"How would this wall unit look if I moved it a little to the right?" I don't know, I don't care for decorations. "I'M TELLING YOU TO MOVE THE UNIT, NOT ASKING YOUR OPINION!". Then you should have said so. No need to call me useless and stupid.

I swear, if I ever get my own place I'm going to leave it next to empty.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47639 on: December 13, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »

I for one, have no preference for cold or heat, as long as the temperature is fairly constant. Too bad. Here (Moscow), it first snowed for a whole week. Everything was covered in snow - you know, complete winter fairytale panorama thingy, snow on the trees, snow on the roads, snow on your head, snow in your trousers... I sorta enjoyed that weather.

And yesterday the temperature rose two degrees above zero C, and all the snow melted into absolutely despicable mushy bullshit. The only thing that contained more moisture than the insides of my war coat was the air, and the only thing that contained more moisture than the air was the frickin pavement.

And today the temperature dropped again, and everything's basically a giant icy field of immesurable butt agony.

SCREW YOU WEATHER, WE'RE RUSSIANS, DAMMIT, WE DEMAND PROPER WINTER YOU GIANT DOUCHE CANNON
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:38:19 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 3174 3175 [3176] 3177 3178 ... 3345