Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695664 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46455 on: November 17, 2014, 11:04:29 pm »

Ruined is probably bad wording, but they tore the guy up because of his shirt.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46456 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10:50 pm »

Oh lawd, the whole event is known as #shirtgate. Google it. It's a thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46457 on: November 17, 2014, 11:12:20 pm »

Welp. It happened. Extremely aggressive, axe grinding feminists managed to ruin Philae. I'm just gonna go jump off a cliff now.

Funny how he apologized and everyone moved on... except for those with an anti-feminist axe to grind.

Ruined is probably bad wording, but they tore the guy up because of his shirt.

Terrifying

A few people (by no means the trend) got shitty about it, but this attitude of yours? Not really helping anything either.

Like, it is annoying how these things can draw the overwhelming focus away from accomplishments but it wouldn't even be a problem if people could take criticism and move on without an anti-feminist horde turning a few snide comments into a war.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46458 on: November 17, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »

Blackmail Google into installing Google Fiber?
Somehow I think that Google has more dirt on you than you on them.  In fact, I sort of feel that they have more information on everyone than everyone has on them.
You could always blackmail Google with the help of Google.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46459 on: November 17, 2014, 11:18:17 pm »

Eh. A bit of raeg right when it happened, and then a day or two of rolling eyes, ruffling feathers and overly wordy think-pieces. It barely registered as an event by internet standards; there was no coordinated campaign to ruin his life and I'm pretty sure he didn't even get any death threats. Everyone just went back to appreciating the awesomeness of Rosetta/Philae.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46460 on: November 17, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

That may have really messed him up, even if it wasn't as severe as the harassment and threats that women tend to get. 

Eh. A bit of raeg right when it happened, and then a day or two of rolling eyes, ruffling feathers and overly wordy think-pieces. It barely registered as an event by internet standards; there was no coordinated campaign to ruin his life and I'm pretty sure he didn't even get any death threats. Everyone just went back to appreciating the awesomeness of Rosetta/Philae.
I second this.  I had to actively look for information about the shirt after hearing about it here, but I got headlines about the landing handed to me on a platter.   I don't know why any of you guys are talking about the landing being ruined when it's obviously not affected.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46461 on: November 17, 2014, 11:28:20 pm »

Welp. It happened. Extremely aggressive, axe grinding feminists managed to ruin Philae. I'm just gonna go jump off a cliff now.
The shirt was by a female clothing designer, too. I'm sure that bit isn't being discussed widely.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46462 on: November 17, 2014, 11:29:13 pm »

I don't know why any of you guys are talking about the landing being ruined when it's obviously not affected.
I'm sure the shirt guy's enjoyment of the landing was affected a bit.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46463 on: November 17, 2014, 11:37:35 pm »

This is why scientists should come to work nude.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46464 on: November 17, 2014, 11:38:01 pm »

...what is wrong with my attitude, exactly? I called out the few, very vocal people who yell at him. Yes, I said they were feminists. No, I did not say they represent the majority of feminists in any way. I'm hardly grinding an anti-feminist axe.

As for that link...I've seen a lot more abuse directed towards the guy then they have in there.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46465 on: November 17, 2014, 11:38:23 pm »

Nobody enjoys being harassed. It solves nothing and nobody benefits from it to boot. But somebody gets hurt.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46466 on: November 17, 2014, 11:40:22 pm »

The shirt was by a female clothing designer, too. I'm sure that bit isn't being discussed widely.
You probably just haven't noticed it.  Feminists criticize women for sexualizing women all the time.

I don't know why any of you guys are talking about the landing being ruined when it's obviously not affected.
I'm sure the shirt guy's enjoyment of the landing was affected a bit.
Well I did say that it probably messed him up. x3
Seriously, even on a small scale, internet dog-piling is pretty brutal.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46467 on: November 17, 2014, 11:43:30 pm »

He did issue a tearful apology. Now I need to see if wearing the scantily clad male alternate of this shirt will cause equal shirtstorms.. Also, where can I get his specific shirt? Googling 'cartoon girl shirt' isn't specific enough..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46468 on: November 17, 2014, 11:48:41 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:35:11 pm by Toady One »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46469 on: November 17, 2014, 11:56:39 pm »

...what is wrong with my attitude, exactly? I called out the few, very vocal people who yell at him. Yes, I said they were feminists. No, I did not say they represent the majority of feminists in any way. I'm hardly grinding an anti-feminist axe.

As for that link...I've seen a lot more abuse directed towards the guy then they have in there.

If your description of "ruining" the event is based on the very few within those criticizing his shirt choice who became caustic directly towards him then I apologize for jumping the gun and associating your intentions with others involved in this discussion, but if you meant the criticism itself then I stand by my statement that I find your attitude (and those others bemoaning "offense" - a grossly simplified label anyhow - while being offended in the precise manner in which they bemoan) to be problematic.

It is possible to criticize something about a cultural artifact, even rudely, without it being harassment or "yelling". Both descriptors demanding a level of intrusion into the person's life and spaces. 'Course those who did cross those lines are pretty shitty, but overall the conversation (as evidenced by opinions on these boards and elsewhere) tends to focus on the criticism itself as the thing to ire instead of the breach of boundaries, usage of violent rhetoric, etc.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:58:14 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 ... 3345