Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697840 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44460 on: October 12, 2014, 11:05:44 pm »

... unless it's something in the software, yes. As noted, Chaos Gate. For whatever reason, the ruddy thing will not, at all, run on a 64x machine. I've ran into similar things in the past, as well.

Yeah, technically it's probably that the software isn't forward compatible, however the zog that would work, but it comes out to the same thing, functionally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44461 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:40 am »

* Tawarochir shuns Caroline forever decides to try to ignore the fact that we have extremely differing opinions on a group of five fellows who will not be mentioned by name

DAE le one direction is le bad?? lel

EDIT: I've no right to judge, though, I just deleted a Reddit reply about the hypocrisy of Riot saying that their game is easier to learn than Dota even though you can't actually see what champions do in LoL because there's no way to unselect your champion and tooltips don't tell you that much anyway, not to mention that you can't play the damn champ yourself to learn anything without paying, grinding or hoping that it's a free week, so you have to go to sources completely separate from the game to learn anything, which makes their "burden of knowledge" bull completely stupid

and then there's the way they came up with all these new terms like "champion" and "minion" and "inhibitor" and "nexus" because they wanted to separate themselves from dota but it's still a goddamn 3-lane two-jungle 4-tier-towered above-viewed single-unit-focused game with carries and supports and junglers and stats and items and then they built it on the ruins of the biggest dota forum on earth by replacing the whole damn thing with a message saying "go play LoL I'll put it up in a week" and then he takes frigging years to do it and oh man what a shitty company, only retracting a contract that disallows their players from playing Hearthstone and other such games only because of the backlash, copyrighting Dota and selling the rights to Blizzard because it "belongs to the community" which is apparently Blizzard now, but whatever, and in general using every underhanded tactic they could to make sure there's no competition and still managing to convince their userbase that esports is being uplifted by them even though nobody follows their example because it's a stupid example that'll crash and burn if Riot ever goes down or decides to stop

also before any "why don't you play it" things: because I don't want to have to have a 100-hour grind just to be able to play the game properly??
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:45:37 am by Putnam »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44462 on: October 13, 2014, 05:56:59 am »

Also because of the continued insistence on ignoring all the people who have actually played the game that have told you it doesn't really work that way :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44463 on: October 13, 2014, 06:38:50 am »

So I'm working on a sudoku solver for a class due, well, today now. I've spent eight hours on a bug trying to figure out how to read the damn squares.

The error wasn't the code. It's how I was printing the goddamn fucking list. Fuck.

And I've got a German test today that I'm spending the rest of the night studying for after I get this fucker finally nailed down. Goddamn I've wanted my 8:30-to-7:00 days to be over with but not like this jesus christ.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44464 on: October 13, 2014, 07:13:03 am »

So when I heard that Twitch was removing audio from stream archives due to copyright issues I thought that was fine. I assumed that the copyrighted audio would be the only segment removed. Turns out it just rips the audio out of that 'chunk' of video. For those of you who don't download streams, these chunks are roughly 30 minutes long.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44465 on: October 13, 2014, 07:49:44 am »

Parents, when you say you're going to do something, and decide not to do it, please at least tell me when you decide not to do it, not spend several days pretending that you're doing it, then tell me I'm supposed to do it.

Still trying to find a lawyer. My stepdad said he was going to check out a nonprofit law group, then call his sister about her lawyer. Now my mom is suggesting I find a lawyer through my food stamp provider using paperwork I certainly don't have and she probably doesn't.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44466 on: October 13, 2014, 07:50:47 am »

happened to official twitch vods too ^^

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44467 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:00 am »

... unless it's something in the software, yes. As noted, Chaos Gate. For whatever reason, the ruddy thing will not, at all, run on a 64x machine. I've ran into similar things in the past, as well.

Yeah, technically it's probably that the software isn't forward compatible, however the zog that would work, but it comes out to the same thing, functionally.

I think you misunderstood what I said, chaos gate WILL run on 64-bit hardware. it's 100% back compatible, anything that will run on 32-bit hardware will run on 64-bit hardware.

If you're having a problem, it's something wrong with your computer's software environment. For example it might not like your version of windows, or you might not have some other files the game depends on, or something like that. You'd have the same problems with 32-bit hardware, it makes no difference.

Anyway, Google tells me people have successfully gotten chaos gate to run by installing the latest patch (1.2) and running it in XP compatability mode. So saying it won't run on a 64-bit machine is provably false, people have done it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44468 on: October 13, 2014, 09:30:59 am »

RAGE STATUS: MAXIMUM

I recently got Office 2013. In Excel's Formula field (next to fx), you can no longer Ctrl+A to select the entire field.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEG

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44469 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:13 am »

Yeah, I've installed Chaos gate on Win 8 and got it to run.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44470 on: October 13, 2014, 09:50:21 am »

RAGE STATUS: MAXIMUM

I recently got Office 2013. In Excel's Formula field (next to fx), you can no longer Ctrl+A to select the entire field.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEG
Libreoffice lets you do that just fiiiine~

@Gig: How? Maybe need to give it another go, I'unno. It was one of those games that just noped out entirely on me, and nothing I could find on the subject would work.
Ask not!
Ask!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44471 on: October 13, 2014, 10:02:17 am »

libreoffice also sucks >:I

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44472 on: October 13, 2014, 10:02:34 am »

Heresy!~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44473 on: October 13, 2014, 10:04:35 am »

HERESY

BURN 'EM BEFORE THEY TURN OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE INTO A NEWT
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44474 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:19 am »

Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 3345