Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2964 2965 [2966] 2967 2968 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697392 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44475 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:44 am »

... unless it's something in the software, yes. As noted, Chaos Gate. For whatever reason, the ruddy thing will not, at all, run on a 64x machine. I've ran into similar things in the past, as well.

Yeah, technically it's probably that the software isn't forward compatible, however the zog that would work, but it comes out to the same thing, functionally.

I think you misunderstood what I said, chaos gate WILL run on 64-bit hardware. it's 100% back compatible, anything that will run on 32-bit hardware will run on 64-bit hardware.

If you're having a problem, it's something wrong with your computer's software environment. For example it might not like your version of windows, or you might not have some other files the game depends on, or something like that. You'd have the same problems with 32-bit hardware, it makes no difference.

Anyway, Google tells me people have successfully gotten chaos gate to run by installing the latest patch (1.2) and running it in XP compatability mode. So saying it won't run on a 64-bit machine is provably false, people have done it.
It happens. Civ 4 completely refused to run on my computer. I couldn't find a similar issue anywhere. I eventually ran it in a VM, but this caused graphical glitches.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44476 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:56 am »

libreoffice also sucks >:I
Its worked fine for me with all the maths in crystalline. But you're probably using excel for something more important than forum games~

Also, I'm not sure how you have Civ 4 not working on your computer, miaw. The only problem I've run into is it having terrible networking with master of mana mp games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44477 on: October 13, 2014, 11:36:14 am »

Is it normal to see someone who is so attractive it actually makes you angry?
Because that is apparently a thing for me. I'm going to guess it's a mix between jealousy and angerousal. Still weird though. And annoying that it happens.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44478 on: October 13, 2014, 11:40:29 am »

libreoffice also sucks >:I
Its worked fine for me with all the maths in crystalline. But you're probably using excel for something more important than forum games~

Also, I'm not sure how you have Civ 4 not working on your computer, miaw. The only problem I've run into is it having terrible networking with master of mana mp games.
It literally refused to start.

Just to illustrate that when the bugs align and a green moon rises, something may fail to work for no reason at all.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44479 on: October 13, 2014, 11:44:58 am »

Is it normal to see someone who is so attractive it actually makes you angry?
Because that is apparently a thing for me. I'm going to guess it's a mix between jealousy and angerousal. Still weird though. And annoying that it happens.
Don't think it's particularly normal, no. Also not particularly unknown, either.

Never felt that, myself, though. Attractiveness is just... attractiveness. Generally a good thing, not to be associated with negative emotions on pain of pain.

Like, if I started to feel some kind of jealousy or anger at seeing a pretty person (due to their prettiness, anyway -- other reasons unassociated with attractiveness are alright), I'd make sure to headbutt the nearest wall until the stupidity left my body and I could go back to appreciating the delicious sexy in peace. Brick house is zen, zen is brick house. Ohminna.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44480 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:43 pm »

Aaaaargh.

Ion (the TV channel, not the charged particle) cut the timeslots for my three favorite shows.

Now I'm not going to get my regularly prescribed fix of [comedy/mystery, crime/drama] programming. >:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44481 on: October 13, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »

Can't you look them up on the internet?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44482 on: October 13, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »

They do suck, Sirus. All of today's boy bands suck.
Which reminds me that Wham! was pretty awesome.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44483 on: October 13, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

Can't you look them up on the internet?
They're hour-long episodes, man.

Satellite internet. I have like 12 gigs a month. I could look them up on the internet, but then you people wouldn't see me for a month.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44484 on: October 13, 2014, 01:58:29 pm »

The fucking Puppy Linux devs don't release a USB version for some goddamn reason and assume everyone has an infinite amount of discs that they can burn at will.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44485 on: October 13, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »

The fucking Puppy Linux devs don't release a USB version for some goddamn reason and assume everyone has an infinite amount of discs that they can burn at will.
I've just used unetbootin for making liveusbs before.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44486 on: October 13, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »

Also because of the continued insistence on ignoring all the people who have actually played the game that have told you it doesn't really work that way :V

Okay, for my playing habits, I give you my Dotabuff.

I've played 200 games to completion and out of those, I haven't played any one hero more than 8 times. That's pretty much impossible with LoL's system, so it's something that I cannot enjoy playing because I like my random button too much. League is incompatible with my playstyle and I need to focus all my partisan energy on something harmless, so "Riot is teh suck" is where I put all that.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44487 on: October 13, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »

This is more rage worthy and less how did you last die, so I'm putting it here.

Sprinting away from a zombie horde, trying to open my inventory so I can get a bottle of painkillers....I accidentally open the steam overlay, and by the time I get out of it I'm dead. There goes hours of work.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #44488 on: October 13, 2014, 03:40:51 pm »

This is more rage worthy and less how did you last die, so I'm putting it here.

Sprinting away from a zombie horde, trying to open my inventory so I can get a bottle of painkillers....I accidentally open the steam overlay, and by the time I get out of it I'm dead. There goes hours of work.
Project Zomboid? And how did you manage to open the overlay?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44489 on: October 13, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »

So I just corrected the assignments of my tutorium. First time, yay!
Turns out they suck. Strangely they suck horribly at the really easy stuff while being comparatively less sucky with the more complicated exercises.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2964 2965 [2966] 2967 2968 ... 3345