Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692133 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42420 on: September 01, 2014, 11:49:26 pm »

Planting trees along the way to Mordor is about as useful as saying that you should build a barrack in the enemy's city.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42421 on: September 01, 2014, 11:52:49 pm »

Planting trees along the way to Mordor is about as useful as saying that you should build a barrack in the enemy's city.
I take it you never played Age of Empires?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42422 on: September 01, 2014, 11:53:04 pm »

It's the dwarven way, dammit. It's this, or we fling the babies at Mordor 'til they're all dead.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42423 on: September 01, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »

It's the dwarven way, dammit. It's this, or we fling the babies at Mordor 'til they're all dead.
Who, the babies or the orcs?

(And the only proper answer to that is "Yes.")

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42424 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

No, Tolkein's self-insert of himself and his wife was that dude and his girlfriend who put Morgoth's entire fortress to sleep and stole a Silmaril from his crown before he woke up.

Beren and Luthien? I'd believe it, but if I had to choose one without knowing, it'd be Bombadillo.

Also, if Bombadil is Eru's avatar, the ring could literally corrupt God.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42425 on: September 02, 2014, 12:06:14 am »

The Ring didn't effect Bombadil.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42426 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:21 am »

I wonder what'll happen actually if Bombadil got affected by the ring, though? I mean, I guess it won't work on him but if it did then he'd probably explode spectacularly into pure phlebotinum.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42427 on: September 02, 2014, 12:09:55 am »

And IIRC, Frodo suggests to Gandalf and Elrond that the ring should just be given to him.  They respond that they know who he is, but even he would be overwhelmed eventually.

I was going off this.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42428 on: September 02, 2014, 12:11:09 am »

He put it on and it did nothing, so he wouldn't be affected. He'd just lose it and forget he had it.
And IIRC, Frodo suggests to Gandalf and Elrond that the ring should just be given to him.  They respond that they know who he is, but even he would be overwhelmed eventually.

I was going off this.
Or rather, they said that Sauron would eventually overcome him, not the Ring.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42429 on: September 02, 2014, 12:21:04 am »

A. Sauron basically is the Ring.

B. Losing the Ring and forgetting about it is a pretty good way to keep it out of play for long periods of time, though admittedly it was reaching the point where Mordor could overwhelm all the free peoples of the world even without the Ring.

C. Since Bombadil definitely doesn't care about the Ring and might be older than it, he would not be at risk of corruption.

Of course, there's also the "you can legitimately figure out the Ring and destroy Sauron with it, but eventually even the noblest of minds will fall to its allure".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42430 on: September 02, 2014, 12:26:31 am »

Snape kills Morgoth.
Goddammit, way to spoil Angband for me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42431 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:28 am »

FFS Trying to open port for Tabletop Simulator...
Done everything right in the router page yet NOTHING!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42432 on: September 02, 2014, 01:37:33 am »

No, Tolkein's self-insert of himself and his wife was that dude and his girlfriend who put Morgoth's entire fortress to sleep and stole a Silmaril from his crown before he woke up.

Beren and Luthien? I'd believe it, but if I had to choose one without knowing, it'd be Bombadillo.

Yeah, the names Beren and Luthien are engraved on Tolkien and his wife's tombstones.

Mandatory. Also, he's the avatar of Eru. And Sam from the future.

And this was neat.  Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:51:04 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42433 on: September 02, 2014, 07:41:01 am »

FFS Trying to open port for Tabletop Simulator...
Done everything right in the router page yet NOTHING!!!

It's open on your PC too, right?  Does your router support sharing the WAN IP with your PC?  In the past that's often the only way I could get a port to be visible to external computers.  Open port 80 on the PC and router, then set the router to give my PC the same IP as it was using for the WAN and presto.  I've never had much success with port forwarding on routers.

Anyway, I'm currently in a pretty foul mood over my cats again.  One decided to poop on the floor again in a new room.  Every so often he just completely stops caring that litter boxes are a thing and will pick a random room to poop in.  He'll continue to poop in that room afterward.  I've had to shut off nearly half of the house because of this.  At least in this case I can watch him and probably stop any future attempt to poop on this room's floor.

So I'm annoyed about that, but also because I became aware last night that this cat is also psychic and doesn't want me to sleep.  That is, he spent 2 hours last night waiting for me to get as close to falling asleep as was possible before meowing and scratching at my bedroom door.  It was as if my brother, who was awake and doing stuff in another room, completely stopped existing.  All that mattered was that there was a human in this room trying to sleep, and that was unacceptable.

Sending him to live with me was my parents' last ditch effort to avoid chucking him in their yard for similar behavior, where the coyotes have been eating the cats lately.  I swear, at this point I think I will allow a small animal to be eaten before I go back to severe and chronic sleep deprivation.  I've been experiencing increasingly serious stress related physical symptoms over the last month, which conveniently coincides with about the time he arrived, and I don't need this.

Stopping by the store on the way home from work today to get a pair of ear plugs and a door knob to allow me to shut off yet more of the house to maybe keep the scratching little idiot away from my door at night.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42434 on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:26 am »

I'm so sick of SJW in games and in games journalism. They pronounce all sorts of shit like "The end of the gamer" and what not, basically trying to assert that they're winning whatever cultural battle they think they're fighting. Meanwhile, their "no-violence 2d platform rhythm games featuring an all LGBT cast exploring their depressing childhoods" games they fawn over continue to not really make any money.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 3345