Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2524 2525 [2526] 2527 2528 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692659 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37875 on: June 07, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »

Y'know that feeling when a fairly critical part of your car spontaneously disintegrates, taking with it your entire accumulated savings thus far?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37876 on: June 07, 2014, 02:13:09 pm »

I'm really starting to hate Game of Thrones now. I'm about to marathon the season I missed so I can be caught up for whatever stupid bullshit is happening tomorrow. I hate all this fucking spoiler-dodging, having to worry about the story being not a surprise.

I know these feels. After marathoning the first three seasons, I knew I wasn't going to be happy watching an episode a week. So I've been having to avoid GoT spoilers like landmines scattered amidst the media jungle. I opened an article on "The Mountain" Clegane on CNN, about how he's a world strongman competitor in real life, and there was a fucking spoiler right there from this week's episode, right in the opening paragraph! Goddamnit, new media are fucking morons. They report on garbage and even when the report on something I am interested and care about, they screw it up. How do you write entertainment news and not grasp the concept of a spoiler?

Y'know that feeling when a fairly critical part of your car spontaneously disintegrates, taking with it your entire accumulated savings thus far?

I'm more familiar with the ever-present dread that comes from listening to your car, and wondering what's about to fail next.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37877 on: June 07, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »

If I had to define "the worst part", it's that in 2 months I could've just written the fucker off and not bothered getting it fixed.

EDIT: In fact, yeah, the alternatives to having a car until then would only add up to a couple hundred less than the cost of repairs. Significant, but the margin is small enough to be tolerable. Fuck moving across the state.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:31:49 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37878 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:47 pm »

Happened to my friend when he had to move out to Maryland for work. Loaded all his shit up in his car with his dogs, started driving from Nebraska....threw a rod in Ohio :\
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37879 on: June 07, 2014, 03:22:30 pm »

AHAHAHAHA and i'm listed as an LAS major undergrad in the university registration system for some inane reason, so i can't register for courses reserved for my program.

Today is just one long string of angry disappointments.

EDIT: Ouch. Yeah, having it blow out mid-travel would've been even worse - here, I had a repair shop within easy driving distance after a bit of looking around, and transport back home while they get it fixed over the weekend. Had I visited my family this weekend instead of two weeks from now, I'd really have been fucked.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37880 on: June 07, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »

My dogs have slade hammers for tails. One of them hit me in the nuts with it yesterday. It was still fairly sore the next morning. I've been hit in the nuts many times in my life, but that was one of the worst. At least now the dog runs in terror whenever he sees me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37881 on: June 07, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »

I'm really starting to hate Game of Thrones now. I'm about to marathon the season I missed so I can be caught up for whatever stupid bullshit is happening tomorrow. I hate all this fucking spoiler-dodging, having to worry about the story being not a surprise.
I can't bring myself to not care about spoilers and say "FUCK IT" though, as I like the show too much. Also I was going to start earlier, but my sister and her friend decided to be INCREDIBLY FUCKING LOUD while watching Youtube videos. I jokingly complained about it when they were done and my sister very softly said "No you weren't." That fucking line made my blood boil for no reason.

I just have to say, that's not "for no reason". That's because they're being fucking inconsiderate. Sympathies, etcetera.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37882 on: June 07, 2014, 09:07:36 pm »

I can definitely empathize with you there.

It doesn't matter if I take 5 seconds to take a shower, mom will still nag me that I need to hurry up. >-<

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #37883 on: June 07, 2014, 09:27:22 pm »

Ditto.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37884 on: June 08, 2014, 12:16:20 am »

Eh, showers are one thing. It's understandable the bill payer will be trying to hurry folks along for those. A bath, though. Those cost the same pretty much regardless. Complaining about long baths is just kinda' asinine, unless it's a single bathroom house or it's getting in the way of getting other things done.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37885 on: June 08, 2014, 12:50:46 am »

This is fucking bullshit. I drank just as much as my friend, a man of similar height and heritage. We drank a GREAT many shots of liquor. He is passed out, barely sane, on my bathroom floor. I am perfectly coherent and concise, walking around and taking care of things. (We took five shots each, and I drank two mixed drinks additionally.)

This is seriously bullshit. I want to have that weakness. I want to be passed out, beyond caring. With someone else taking care of me. But no. It must be nice. I love my friend. He is closer to being my brother than my actual brother. But sometimes I just envy the everloving fuck out of him. It's evil and I know it, but it's honesty.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37886 on: June 08, 2014, 01:46:25 am »

This is fucking bullshit. I drank just as much as my friend, a man of similar height and heritage. We drank a GREAT many shots of liquor. He is passed out, barely sane, on my bathroom floor. I am perfectly coherent and concise, walking around and taking care of things. (We took five shots each, and I drank two mixed drinks additionally.)

This is seriously bullshit. I want to have that weakness. I want to be passed out, beyond caring. With someone else taking care of me. But no. It must be nice. I love my friend. He is closer to being my brother than my actual brother. But sometimes I just envy the everloving fuck out of him. It's evil and I know it, but it's honesty.

I imagine you're not going to be envying him in the morning if he's drunk enough to pass out on the bathroom floor.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37887 on: June 08, 2014, 04:02:35 am »

Blame your genetics. Specifically the gene coding EC 1.1.1.1 oxydoreductase.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37888 on: June 08, 2014, 06:11:36 am »

the abusive bastard of a brother i have is getting married with a girl who i remember he beat up two years ago over some petty bullshit

* LordSlowpoke sighs

so i read all the stories here and there, see things with my own two eyes, and people ask me, "why exactly do you believe relationships can't work in meatspace"

philosophical bullshit later though, i have to find out whenever i can get the authorities on this or i have to wait until she's beaten up again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37889 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:26 am »

And so the dorf wonders if his existence wastes booze. Be thankful for your stronk genetics, good liver is good.
Pages: 1 ... 2524 2525 [2526] 2527 2528 ... 3345