Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2492 2493 [2494] 2495 2496 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693689 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37395 on: May 29, 2014, 07:22:01 pm »

But Lasers = Good, Angry Lasers = Better.

Because atheism is totally a religion. You don't need a system of beliefs to be a good person and better yourself.
Atheism, by itself, isn't so much a religion as it is a category of beliefs. There's a few atheist religions out there, afaik.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37396 on: May 29, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

magma=good
angrymagma=amazing
angrymagmalasers=SUPERHYPERMEGAAMAZING
But magma is opaque. How could there be magma lasers?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37397 on: May 29, 2014, 07:24:21 pm »

And MAAAAAGMAAAAA[...]AAA = Very Bad

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37398 on: May 29, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »

You don't need a system of beliefs to be a good person and better yourself.
Um, you totally do. That system doesn't have to be founded in religion-grounded metaphysics, but if you have no concept of good or what constitutes bettering yourself, bettering yourself is kinda' impossible, or at the very best completely random.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37399 on: May 29, 2014, 08:05:32 pm »

Because atheism is totally a religion. You don't need a system of beliefs to be a good person and better yourself.
Atheism, by itself, isn't so much a religion as it is a category of beliefs. There's a few atheist religions out there, afaik.
More specifically, atheism is the rejection of belief in deities. There are quite a few religions, including several major ones, which are compatible with that. Depending on how literal you want to be, you could practice a religion which includes the application of ritual magic and the worship of spirits while still being an atheist. The problem that arises (particularly in places with an Abrahamic tradition) is that theists often understand atheism within their own worldview--that is to say that they treat it as being either a religion or a direct response to their religion (in short, as a system of belief, rather than a single viewpoint regarding the ethical and logical issues inherent in the conception of deities as real, non-metaphorical entities which might belong within any of a wide range of possible worldviews), while many atheists (particularly what we can think of as angry-atheists) conceive of atheism solely within their own cultural framework, which is ultimately quite similar to their counterparts: atheism is seen as a rejection of Christianity/Islam/Judaism and as a cohesive moral philosophy or some tripe like that.

If you cast aside all of the bullshit, all that being an atheist means is that you do not believe that deities literally exist, often because of issues with their existence--on the scientific side, most commonly this is the lack of empirical evidence, and on the philosophical side issues with the existence of evil, the impossibility of true free will with an omniscient and omnipotent creator figure, &c. It's just an unfortunate fact that a lot of theists take this as a direct attack on their faith (because it's apparently evil and wrong for different people to believe and think differently), and because a lot of atheists are obnoxious asshats about it (see previous note). :|

Pick an ethical system that works for you and isn't totally corrupt; as long as you're avoiding harm to others, who cares overmuch where it came from?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37400 on: May 29, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »

My mom made me show her every tab I had open on my browser, because I changed tabs, and apparently the only reason for doing changing whatever I'm doing is to "hide something".

blazing glory

« Reply #37401 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »

My mom made me show her every tab I had open on my browser, because I changed tabs, and apparently the only reason for doing changing whatever I'm doing is to "hide something".

Were you on TV tropes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37402 on: May 29, 2014, 10:24:24 pm »

Argh, I have a hole in my sock. Not another one! >:(
Stupid toenails claws.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

blazing glory

« Reply #37403 on: May 30, 2014, 03:55:40 am »

I've been rejected from another RtD,I don't know why I bother trying,there's always someone else who creates a more verbose,flowing character sheet then me,I really do try,but it never goes further then 2 lines of text,meanwhile someone like Harry Baldman creates a back story going around 9 lines.

3rd RtD I've been rejected from in a row.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37404 on: May 30, 2014, 04:38:12 am »

Atheism pretty much acts like a religion now with all the bells and whistles.

HECK there is a Atheist Charity Group where I live... and I don't mean a charity group with no religious affiliation. I mean a charity group with specific atheist affiliation.

It is close to the point where even if you don't believe atheism is a religion or not... It sure can act like one.

Soon I predict we will have different schools of atheism (if we don't already).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37405 on: May 30, 2014, 04:52:30 am »

I've been rejected from another RtD,I don't know why I bother trying,there's always someone else who creates a more verbose,flowing character sheet then me,I really do try,but it never goes further then 2 lines of text,meanwhile [someone] creates a back story going around 9 lines.

Suggestion: Instead of raging about it--learn from it. Improve your writing and analyze how it goes. You could also talk it over via PMs with the GM on what you could do to improve.

...Also naming specific people is a no-no, generally. [I'm staying on the side of caution given that the only name isn't related at all but made a good comparison it seems]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37406 on: May 30, 2014, 04:57:14 am »

It is why I split atheism into two groups

Atheism and Religious Atheism

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37407 on: May 30, 2014, 04:59:39 am »

And just because a charity is set up by a group, it doesn't make it act like a religion. If that was the case, a charity wanting rid of mental diseases (eg mind matters) would be like a religion.
Christopher Pyne will come to the houses of all the naughty boys and girls and burn down their attempts at education reforms while simultaneously writing slurs using the fridge magnets.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #37408 on: May 30, 2014, 05:01:10 am »

It is why I split atheism into two groups

Atheism and Religious Atheism

I tend to split Atheism into... well, Genuine Atheism, and Anti - Theism. It's a similar distinction, I think.

blazing glory

« Reply #37409 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:38 am »

I've been rejected from another RtD,I don't know why I bother trying,there's always someone else who creates a more verbose,flowing character sheet then me,I really do try,but it never goes further then 2 lines of text,meanwhile [someone] creates a back story going around 9 lines.

Suggestion: Instead of raging about it--learn from it. Improve your writing and analyze how it goes. You could also talk it over via PMs with the GM on what you could do to improve.

I really don't see how I could improve it,I'm hopelessly uncreative and get a case of writers block before I even start writing.
Pages: 1 ... 2492 2493 [2494] 2495 2496 ... 3345