Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2490 2491 [2492] 2493 2494 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693801 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37365 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

-snip-
But what faction was he using?

He played Da Orky Boyz.  Lot's o' Dakka Dakka.  He also had an army for practically anything else, dude loved those expensive pieces of plastic.
Orks get loads of rolls for shooting, you would be erased.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37366 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:47 am »

The thing though is that he did it consistently with all of his armies.  He'd swap out dice when enemies below a certain number died per turn.  It was rather hilarious to watch.

EDIT:  Out of example, I watched him play his Tau vs. IG one game.  He was bored that he was only taking out about 10-15 IG a turn, switched to the Pink dice, and ended up about doubling his kill count per turn. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:45:46 am by Karkov »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37367 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:31 am »

Maybe a little too obvious.

Also pissing me off 10 seconds ago, some asshole with one of those car engines that go really loud drive right by me.

I've seen my mother use bleach for weeds, as well as salt. Boiling water also works on weeds. Dunno about other plants, but it should work? I think anyway.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37368 on: May 29, 2014, 11:12:40 am »

By the way, does anyone know how to poison a marijauna plant so that it withers and dies using household means?

Weeell...

Drown it.

Poison.

Past that...

* Iceblaster shrugs, as his ideas run dry.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #37369 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:01 am »

Well, this isn't the solution you want, for obvious reasons, but excessive amounts of fire can help kill plants.

Other than that, Th4DwArfY1's idea of bleach would probably work, but what do you mean about "too obvious"?
Take a closer look at this text!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37370 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:19 am »

Boiling water should kill it without leaving much traces, I would think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37371 on: May 29, 2014, 11:28:04 am »

The thing though is that he did it consistently with all of his armies.  He'd swap out dice when enemies below a certain number died per turn.  It was rather hilarious to watch.

EDIT:  Out of example, I watched him play his Tau vs. IG one game.  He was bored that he was only taking out about 10-15 IG a turn, switched to the Pink dice, and ended up about doubling his kill count per turn.
THEN THE DICE ARE LOADED, GENIUS.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #37372 on: May 29, 2014, 11:32:29 am »

By the way, does anyone know how to poison a marijauna plant so that it withers and dies using household means?

Basically any household chemical. Bleach, drain cleaner, ammonia, grease cleaner, lime remover, the list goes on. If it has a warning label and/or the poison control centre hotline number on it, it probably would work. Plants don't like basic/acidic environments.

Of course, if you really want to be sneaky (not really, but if you can do it in secret then they probably won't know what the hell happened), then you can do some household chemistry. One can make some fairly nasty (or really cool) chemicals with stuff you can get in hardware stores.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37373 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:36 am »

THEN THE DICE ARE LOADED, GENIUS.

Sadly they aren't.  It would explain so much.  He used them during tourneys in which they actually do test the dice beforehand.  They're just really weird and the fickle dice gods are fickle.

(However, a really fun note, apparently in larger tournaments they end up giving the players dice now, because someone ended up painting one side of their dice to make it slightly heavier, giving them increased odds to land with that face down.  But yeah, the Pink dice were legit, there were probably 10 people who could testify to it.)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37374 on: May 29, 2014, 01:51:12 pm »

Or he beat the test.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37375 on: May 29, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »

Sometimes it's something as subtle as how rounded the corners are, that can have a big impact on the results.

That said, the GWS dice that ship with most of their games are almost certifiably cursed for anyone except Orks, and Orks & Goblins.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37376 on: May 29, 2014, 02:01:36 pm »

Maybe he's just really good at rolling those dice. I mean, a dice roll is only random insofar as you can't control exactly how it's thrown.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37377 on: May 29, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

It is a know fact that Markov's chain doesn't work on dices and a dice that roll too many good rolls will become depleted for a while.

He probably rolled loads of bad rolls with his pink dice beforehand.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37378 on: May 29, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »

There's a trick where you can roll dice end over end so that whichever two numbers are on the sides don't get rolled.

So let's say you need a 5+.  You roll the dice so that the 3 and 4 can't get rolled, and now you've gone from a 1/3 chance to a 1/2 chance.  Or if you need a 2+, you roll it so that 1 and 6 are on the sides, and now in theory the roll will always succeed if you do the trick perfectly.

Do I think he's actually doing it, probably not. Especially if he's rolling the dice 20 a time like most games of 40k I've seen.  But its a cool trick.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37379 on: May 29, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

I've been trying to hold myself back, but....

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

There. Did it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2490 2491 [2492] 2493 2494 ... 3345