Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2489 2490 [2491] 2492 2493 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694595 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37350 on: May 29, 2014, 08:05:41 am »

Gorilla glue + duct tape can temp-fix probably 80% of your problems.  :P
Why not just use Gorilla tape at that point?
It lacks that stylish silvery sheen. Nothing says 'class' like vaguely shiny patches on your vehicle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #37351 on: May 29, 2014, 08:22:21 am »

In a roleplaying game tonight, titled "Don't roll a 1", my d8s were completely fucking me over, all night. I roll D8s for a lot of stuff, basically when I go all out in combat or roll to avoid getting hurt. Or try to do something strength, willpower, paying attention or cleveness-related.

And right at the zenith of several of the biggest combats of the night.....I roll 3 1s back to back to back. Immediately followed each time by an 8. I have multiple d8s for this very reason, but both betrayed me. We still came out on top (the game can be subject to a lot of GM intervention) but still. What should have been a slam dunk of #1 jumping on top of a gargantuan snake and stabbing it in through a vertebrae with my lucky dagger #2 throwing same said lucky dagger directly into the face of a wizard #3 not dropping all my weapons during the fight and #4 not having my minions and henchmen end up in a pool of their own blood on the ground became:

1. My ass getting launched from the snake monster with my dagger still in it and him running away and us having to chase down him down through several additional encounters

2. My dagger knocking a rod of fear out of the wizards hand instead of GOING INTO HIS FACE.

3. Me eventually having to bash the wizard's head into the floor until he died rather than running him through, while one of his bastard minions stabs me in the back and leaves me on the ground dying.

4. Me blowing through most of my hidden health potions to keep minions alive. Ugh. Not to mention myself.

I may need to conduct a dice cleansing, because this is seriously not the kind of game where you can stand to roll too many 1s and not have your character die. My very first game with this character I watched two PCs get swallowed by (ironically enough) another giant snake.

You might wanna drop by Shadar Logoth and pick up a dagger.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37352 on: May 29, 2014, 08:27:42 am »

I can verify that that's an exceedingly bad idea.

But sure, go for it!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37353 on: May 29, 2014, 09:22:08 am »

I can verify that that's an exceedingly bad idea.

But sure, go for it!
You misspelled 'hilarious'.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37354 on: May 29, 2014, 10:07:11 am »

Get dragged off to dinner with my parents, stepaunt, another stepaunt, both stepaunts' daughters, and my two sisters. The ride there was annoying, we first go to my stepaunt's house, whereupon my stepdad lights his weed pipe right in the car. I get out, much to his dislike. After he's done with that, he goes into his sister's house to do something. My mother asks me to get back into the car, because she somehow still believes that the smell of smoking instantly disappears once the smoker is done smoking. She then offers to light a cigarette in the car to get rid of the weed smell. I decline, since the smell was almost gone anyway. She then jokes about how much she must be addicted to cigarettes if she's willing to step outside in the cold to smoke, which it was and which she does.

The steakhouse wasn't bad actually, and the service was pretty good. I might have eaten too much as my stomach was still hurting this morning. The ride back, however, they ask me to ride with my stepaunt's husband. When we get back to her house, I find out why. Apparently, he just wanted to get high the whole trip back without having to deal with my complaining of it.

By the way, does anyone know how to poison a marijauna plant so that it withers and dies using household means?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37355 on: May 29, 2014, 10:10:22 am »

Bleach?

I dunno. Bleach would be pretty obvious.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37356 on: May 29, 2014, 10:16:29 am »

Maybe a little too obvious.

Also pissing me off 10 seconds ago, some asshole with one of those car engines that go really loud drive right by me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37357 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

I just stepped on a lego and spilt my bacon and grits.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37358 on: May 29, 2014, 10:20:52 am »

In a roleplaying game tonight, titled "Don't roll a 1", my d8s were completely fucking me over, all night. I roll D8s for a lot of stuff, basically when I go all out in combat or roll to avoid getting hurt. Or try to do something strength, willpower, paying attention or cleveness-related.

And right at the zenith of several of the biggest combats of the night.....I roll 3 1s back to back to back. Immediately followed each time by an 8. I have multiple d8s for this very reason, but both betrayed me. We still came out on top (the game can be subject to a lot of GM intervention) but still. What should have been a slam dunk of #1 jumping on top of a gargantuan snake and stabbing it in through a vertebrae with my lucky dagger #2 throwing same said lucky dagger directly into the face of a wizard #3 not dropping all my weapons during the fight and #4 not having my minions and henchmen end up in a pool of their own blood on the ground became:

1. My ass getting launched from the snake monster with my dagger still in it and him running away and us having to chase down him down through several additional encounters

2. My dagger knocking a rod of fear out of the wizards hand instead of GOING INTO HIS FACE.

3. Me eventually having to bash the wizard's head into the floor until he died rather than running him through, while one of his bastard minions stabs me in the back and leaves me on the ground dying.

4. Me blowing through most of my hidden health potions to keep minions alive. Ugh. Not to mention myself.

I may need to conduct a dice cleansing, because this is seriously not the kind of game where you can stand to roll too many 1s and not have your character die. My very first game with this character I watched two PCs get swallowed by (ironically enough) another giant snake.

You might wanna drop by Shadar Logoth and pick up a dagger.
I run a D&D game on here, and I kind of been being too nice to the players. They're 3rd level and have over 1000gp each. I had to do some role playing stuff to remove some elements (like a character who hoards all the medical items get robbed, another character finds the dagger later , another character who found a crap ton of gems (each I thought were roughly 100gp or so each, but instead I found out were in the 10000s each) and had him get robbed as well, and then he killed he guy, being unable to find his gems). Now I admit, I'm a brutal DM in some cases, like in the present encounter we started with one player drowning and then the enemy offers to let the others go in exchange for him to die as well as sacrificing another character, but I know this party, and they won't abandon each other. But in the previous encounter (since I do all the rolls) I used this die that always rolls horribly for me (I called it the cursed die) that managed to get as character I played as in this campaign killed. Well, I had one instance where it said "f*** you" and rolled 4 crits in a row... On the same die, one after the other, followed by a set of fumbles. Needless to say, it ended with 6 sleeping and now tied up bandits and 4 utterly destroyed corpses.

Moral of the story? Dice gods are ruthless
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37359 on: May 29, 2014, 10:24:55 am »

I just stepped on a lego and spilt my bacon and grits.

Ah, someone bestowed upon you the most terrible curse known to mankind.

Lego bricks are EVIL.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37360 on: May 29, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

I used to know a guy who played Warhammer 40k, and for any of you who have ever played that game you know that you need a brick of small dice to do any large combat in it.

This guy had a special brick of dice that he called the "Pink Fuzzy Dice of Doom."  Not really that fuzzy, but extremely pink and extremely doomly.  He'd consistently roll 5/6's with more than 3/4ths of the entire set of dice when he started using them, it was insane.  What used to be a rather large and cluttered battlefield usually ended up wiping out about a third of the opponents units in one turn.

The dice gods are fickle beasts, to be sure.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37361 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:09 am »

I used to know a guy who played Warhammer 40k, and for any of you who have ever played that game you know that you need a brick of small dice to do any large combat in it.

This guy had a special brick of dice that he called the "Pink Fuzzy Dice of Doom."  Not really that fuzzy, but extremely pink and extremely doomly.  He'd consistently roll 5/6's with more than 3/4ths of the entire set of dice when he started using them, it was insane.  What used to be a rather large and cluttered battlefield usually ended up wiping out about a third of the opponents units in one turn.

The dice gods are fickle beasts, to be sure.
But what faction was he using?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37362 on: May 29, 2014, 10:30:29 am »

I used to use Necrons.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37363 on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:12 am »

I used to use Necrons.
Thats funny, Imperial Guard FTW

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37364 on: May 29, 2014, 10:33:32 am »

-snip-
But what faction was he using?

He played Da Orky Boyz.  Lot's o' Dakka Dakka.  He also had an army for practically anything else, dude loved those expensive pieces of plastic.
Pages: 1 ... 2489 2490 [2491] 2492 2493 ... 3345