Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 [2477] 2478 2479 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696900 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Y'all kids need to start reading Mencius Moldbug.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Y'all kids need to start reading Mencius Moldbug.
I would, but as it turns out, I can't read. Guess I'll be leaving the forums now!  :P
Take a closer look at this text!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Protip: Every political movement that has enough people agreeing on it to become a cohesive unit is shit. Just have your own opinions instead of trying to fit them in with someone else's.
What about the movement to give everyone free ice cream in their favorite flavors?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Protip: Every political movement that has enough people agreeing on it to become a cohesive unit is shit. Just have your own opinions instead of trying to fit them in with someone else's.
What about the movement to give everyone free ice cream in their favorite flavors?
Unsustainable. There's no way anyone could afford to produce such a variety of icecream in those volumes over a sustained period.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

It... wouldn't help you if you don't have money for batteries, but. Wired mouse? No batteries needed.
As far as I can tell, you can't buy a wired mouse at a retail store anymore. Either you get a wireless mouse, or a tiny one with a foot long retractable cord that's meant for laptops and barely fits in the hand of a normal sized human.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no such thing as free ice cream

somebody would have to pay for it in the end, and it would be reasonable to assume that for a large enough movement it would be with tax money, and if money is involved, so will corruption, meaning that people get substandard ice cream and nobody is satisfied in the end

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It... wouldn't help you if you don't have money for batteries, but. Wired mouse? No batteries needed.
As far as I can tell, you can't buy a wired mouse at a retail store anymore.
Not true, I got a USB mouse from a family friend's computer repair/parts shop. I'm sure I could have at a bigger dedicated computer shop as well. You're not likely to find one in the electronics department of a supermarket though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

DOWN WITH THE PASTRYIACHY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damnit you made me hungry.
...Oh hey it's light outside. Ack.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

When the shelves went missing at work, I said "wat?" then went on with my job.
Then part of the floor went missing, I said "figures"
Then the ice machine had parts taken out it and I said "at least it's not my problem"
Then the alarm to the back door wound up in pieces in the floor and I said "whatever"
And now the wifi box at work is gone, with the wires jutting out of the wall, and I say "god damn it"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...You entire workplace is just someone's insurance scam, isn't it? :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

So, riding in the car to my deceased uncle and maternal grandfather's graves, my sister* and mother flick on the radio.

This is annoying to begin with, because both of them ONLY listen to one and ONLY ONE modern pop station. Pop is my least favorite music style along with modern country (you know, the people singing about city life being great while dressing like sci-fi western hobos, "playing" guitars plastered with gypsum auto-tuning instruments.) Both of them are quite aware of this.

So I do what I usually do, which is take it my 3DS** and headset to drown it out in Poison, the song that forcibly reminds me of DF necro sieges, and/or The Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary orchesta tracks.

I forgot my headphones.

So I improvise and plug one ear while holding the 3DS to my ear to the other.

Eventually, they inform me that my music is distracting them from their music, which they know DARN WELL I drown out EVERY TIME WE'RE IN THE CAR. My sister has an iPod and her own DS, both loaded with music both of them love. Neither thinks to listen to their own music.

*side rage: My sister is slowly warping herself into the selfie-snapping, self-and-friends indulged horror of the modern teenager.

**side rage: In addition to my busted L button, my DS's R button broke today, while I was playing, of all things, Mariokart.

EDIT
Yea, I think the masculine movement is a much more worthwhile cause.

HELL YES
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Back when i had a relative who sold gameboy peripherals and occasionally gave me them (now he sells jewelry instead, and sometimes brings samples to other relatives), I had a speaker amplifier for the GBASP and an argument in a car with someone.

I ended up breaking the amplifier and winning. And then the car was very quiet the rest of the way home because I couldn't figure out how to take it off of the SP.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Not true, I got a USB mouse from a family friend's computer repair/parts shop. I'm sure I could have at a bigger dedicated computer shop as well. You're not likely to find one in the electronics department of a supermarket though.
Radioshack is a dedicated electronics store that doesn't sell wired mouses.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Radioshack is a dedicated electronics store that doesn't sell wired mouses.
Don't have those in this country as far as I'm aware.
I don't really know about how things go in the US. It's a strange and confusing place.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 [2477] 2478 2479 ... 3345