Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697154 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #37035 on: May 23, 2014, 10:03:32 am »

Now I feel nasty for having more or less rather good parents.
I see no reason to feel bad about that :P You should just be happy.

On topic, still no internet at home, rarglblarglfeh. *Vanishes into obscurity once more*
*Hugs*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37036 on: May 23, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

* Descan vibrates towards MoM and hugs her
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37037 on: May 23, 2014, 10:14:37 am »

* Descan vibrates towards MoM and hugs her
UUUUUUUUUUM...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37038 on: May 23, 2014, 10:17:08 am »

MoM makes an appearance once and now she's gone.  :'(
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37039 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:04 am »

this is the point where i ask someone who actually had decent parents to step into the happy thread and share their decent parents with the world thanks
Well I-
 :-[
MoM makes an appearance once and now she's gone.  :'(
She's there. Won't disappear until she say so. :)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37040 on: May 23, 2014, 12:19:12 pm »

Yeah, I can't really help there. I see my parents maybe once, twice a year. My mother is a complete and utter failure and now lives mostly just to drive up the cost of healthcare by spending weeks at a time in the hospital while on Medicaid, because she partied hard in her 20s and 30s and now that shit is catching up with her. And she's too fucking stupid to take care of herself now. And she's letting the house I grew up in slowly deteriorate (along with her "roommates" and their two little shit-factory dogs), which means she's steadily taking away from the only real source of college fund that her three grandchildren have (my grandfather left me the house but left her a lifetime right to live there, which places its status in limbo until she dies -- my intent is to sell it and split the proceeds to go for college funds for my two kids and my niece).

My father is incredibly successful, having retired from the US Navy with 32 years service at a high rank, with a pension that is more than my salary. Plus he went back to work as a contractor with a major defense consultant firm and makes shittons of money on top of the pension. Dude raises miniature horses for a hobby and sent my half-sister to private college and grad school. Unfortunately, I burned the bridge with him some 20 years ago, and there's still a lot of awkwardness there. He bailed out on us when I was 3, so we've never been particularly close.

And now history repeats itself since I punched my exit ticket from my family nearly two years ago, although I'm trying hard to keep a relationship with my kids. My daughter apparently told the school counselor yesterday that she was sad that I don't live with her.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37041 on: May 23, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

Man, all you guys. The worst thing I can say about my mother is that she has a handful of minor double standards and is way overprotective, and the worst about my father is that he tends to be a bit absent-minded.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37042 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:09 pm »

I only have two complaints about my mom. She drinks too hard when she's not working and it makes her a bummer to be around, and like RedKing, she's letting the house I grew up in slowly rot and for some reason that pisses me off enormously.

Otherwise she's a saint.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37043 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »

My parents are pretty decent.
There are a bunch of things that really irk me about them, though. But then again, I'm 15 :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37044 on: May 23, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »

My parents are good, too. My mum shouts an inordinate amount, but her heart's in the right place.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37045 on: May 23, 2014, 01:44:06 pm »

Last Thursday, I mailed a written request to the college's legal affairs department to get a copy of the complaint that my ex-crush filed against me. I was also informed that they had a legal obligation to respond to the request within 5 days of receiving it. Today, I get their response, which says they are considering the request and will respond with a decision by June 9.

Basically, it seems to me they're deliberately stalling telling me what the hell I supposedly did to cause this mess. As far as I know, unless someone here has a better grasp of New York state law, I have every goddamn right to see that complaint.

Maybe I should start consulting a lawyer about this?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Given your admitted financial situation, I don't think it's worth it. I'd take the advice given, which is to just let it go. The only argument I see in favor of pursuing this is whatever complaint she filed may be accessible outside the university. If it's not, move on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I'd be hopping mad. You have every right to pursue it, but I suggest you do it in a way that costs you nothing other than time. Otherwise it's like they added a fine to the complaint.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

So, to realize you legal rights, you need money? Does that work the other way, too? Using money to create more legal rights for yourself?
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

See also: Capitalism
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 3345