Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698296 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36990 on: May 22, 2014, 08:12:14 am »

Average temperatures for May here are 69(high)/46(low), according to NOAA. It was 83 today. August is going to cause people-melt.

At the rate it feels like we're going, I'd up that to beginning of July. Prepare for endless headlines of RECORD HEAT WAVE.
Come on, 80 is nothing. Last summer around here was 122f. Computer ran just fine too. Glad I'm heading into winter.

O_O

Wooooah that's hot.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36991 on: May 22, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

Local weather is the new e-peen.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36992 on: May 22, 2014, 09:43:03 am »

That's hot.
I'm not sorry.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36993 on: May 22, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

That's hot.
I'm not sorry.
I share your sentiments.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36994 on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:09 am »

*turns on central A/C system and puts cpu tower into the chest freezer*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36995 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:14 am »

Minor annoyance: people who stop to let me cross a street, despite me slowing down and it being much faster for everyone if they just went. Especially since my bike is rusted into 6th gear and it takes time for me to get back up to speed.

My stepdad asked me to hand him all of my money so he could put it into a checking account that would be, and he was very specific on this point, in his name. Oh, but I would get the ATM card that he would "never use".

Yeaaahhfuckthatno. And I think now is a good time to also move where I keep my savings as well.

That sounds so fucking suspicious. I'm pretty sure you're taking steps to avoid/prevent it though. Stay frosty, mate.

Spoiler: @Pokerant (click to show/hide)
Yeah, the other week he forced me to give him my last three pay stubs because he said that the bank or whatever he's trying to get a house loan from needed to see information on the income for the entire household, and I only went along with that because my sister said that neither him nor the bank could actually do anything else with that without my consent. Then my stepdad said the bank refused to look at any of that information(mine, my sister's, and my mom's) because we supposedly had to sign off on it.

Spoiler: re:@Pokerant (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36996 on: May 22, 2014, 10:41:08 am »

The desktop keeps BSOD-ing on me when I try to patch War Thunder, it's getting rather annoying that I have a kickass computer that can't do shit because it can't go 20 minutes without shitting itself and crashing, oh hey, there it goes again, two minutes after the previous one.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36997 on: May 22, 2014, 11:25:02 am »

Try looking up your error code.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36998 on: May 22, 2014, 11:25:58 am »

Would you like to tell Microsoft about the problem?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36999 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:02 am »

* LordSlowpoke gently shuffles greatorder to irc

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37000 on: May 22, 2014, 11:52:37 am »

Usually it's Bad pool header, sometimes it's something else.

Another rage, somewhat related. Trying to update the Nvidia drivers trough that interface of theirs. I have downloaded them about three times now, every time it downloads and just sits there, no install button apparent in any of the menus, and if I close the interface I have to download it again.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37001 on: May 22, 2014, 11:58:47 am »

Minor annoyance: people who stop to let me cross a street, despite me slowing down and it being much faster for everyone if they just went. Especially since my bike is rusted into 6th gear and it takes time for me to get back up to speed.

Have you tried signing to them that they can go? A simple swipe with my hand usually seems to work when I want to tell that to people.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37002 on: May 22, 2014, 12:03:40 pm »

Average temperatures for May here are 69(high)/46(low), according to NOAA. It was 83 today. August is going to cause people-melt.

At the rate it feels like we're going, I'd up that to beginning of July. Prepare for endless headlines of RECORD HEAT WAVE.
Come on, 80 is nothing. Last summer around here was 122f. Computer ran just fine too. Glad I'm heading into winter.

Wooooah that's hot.

It's just hot enough to melt asphalt. It feels like mud when you try to walk on it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37003 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:43 pm »

Google suggests that your BSOD may be caused by faulty RAM. Use Memtest86+ to check.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37004 on: May 22, 2014, 01:08:27 pm »

* LordSlowpoke gently shuffles greatorder to irc
The stories of bay12 IRC haven't been great.

As an aside, I tend to dislike chatroom-style things and get distracted from them far too easily.
Try #bay12lb! :c
It's pretty chill.

Pages: 1 ... 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 ... 3345