Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698239 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36975 on: May 21, 2014, 06:58:34 pm »

Weather. It is 8000f outside with 300% humidity, in May, in Michigan. Go home, weather, you're drunk.
Dunno where you live, here it's always 80 and humid by May.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

blazing glory

« Reply #36976 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:29 pm »

RAGE: Past self.

I've done a lot of stupid things in the past,and said amount of stupid things is just getting larger,I thought I'd get wiser as I get older but I just keep doing stupid things or saying stupid stuff.

I'll probably stop doing stupid stuff by the time it no longer matters. (Being so old that even if I did want to do something stupid I couldn't.)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36977 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »

Anoher rage: when you're all calm and enjoying things and something from the past comes back and bites you

I've done a lot of stupid things in the past,and said amount of stupid things is just getting larger,I thought I'd get wiser as I get older but I just keep doing stupid things or saying stupid stuff.

I'll probably stop doing stupid stuff by the time it no longer matters. (Being so old that even if I did want to do something stupid I couldn't.)

Coincidence these two rage posts are right next to each other?

That shit happens to me on a daily basis. Something causes your memory to go back to something painful, humiliating, stupid and you just cringe.

@blazing glory

Welcome to my realization of about ~8 years ago. I thought I'd get smarter, savvier. Nope. Foot still regularly goes in mouth. Things that seemed appropriate two hours ago are seen for what they are: rash action. Maybe it's all the posting on the internet that makes up a lot of my social interaction these days, where I've managed to at least filter more of the stupid than I do in real life, that lends a false perception of control over my own stupid. Probably not much more, as anyone here can attest.

Point is, there is no wisdom event horizon. Every day is a chance to screw up, or not screw up. Recovered alcoholics will tell you they never quit alcohol, that it's an every day battle. I feel like being stupid, rash, insensitive, whatever, as a self-aware person is much the same thing. It's a trap you can always walk into. The wisdom event horizon isn't never saying something or doing something you're going to regret. It's a state of eternal vigilance against your own stupid. It's a subtle but important difference. You will never get rid of your own stupid, it will always be with you. But you learn to go through life checking yourself instead of trying to check everyone around you. Which you fail at, over and over again, or maybe even quit altogether. It's the Dark Souls of Life.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:26:01 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36978 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »

Weather. It is 8000f outside with 300% humidity, in May, in Michigan. Go home, weather, you're drunk.
I'm used to 55f and nice in May.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36979 on: May 21, 2014, 10:39:55 pm »

I'm used to 55f and nice in May.
That's April.

Actually, until just a few days ago, May was like that too. I think the seasons have been shifted back three weeks by the long winter.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36980 on: May 21, 2014, 10:47:00 pm »

Yeah, up until the last week, it's been ~55 here in the day and getting down to the upper 30s at night. And now it's like 85 to 90. It was a pretty cold spring by the Midwest's standards. We're usually in the 60s and 70s by end of April/mid May.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36981 on: May 21, 2014, 10:55:20 pm »

Average temperatures for May here are 69(high)/46(low), according to NOAA. It was 83 today. August is going to cause people-melt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36982 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »

Average temperatures for May here are 69(high)/46(low), according to NOAA. It was 83 today. August is going to cause people-melt.

At the rate it feels like we're going, I'd up that to beginning of July. Prepare for endless headlines of RECORD HEAT WAVE.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36983 on: May 21, 2014, 11:17:12 pm »

It was 88f earlier in the week, too. The weather this summer is going to go from hot to HELL. All caps intentional.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36984 on: May 22, 2014, 01:01:36 am »

Am I going to have to bring up my 110f weather again?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36985 on: May 22, 2014, 01:06:24 am »

Anoher rage: when you're all calm and enjoying things and something from the past comes back and bites you

Coincidence these two rage posts are right next to each other?

That shit happens to me on a daily basis. Something causes your memory to go back to something painful, humiliating, stupid and you just cringe.
Make peace with your past//learn from it. :)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36986 on: May 22, 2014, 01:21:50 am »

Make peace with your past//learn from it. :)
That doesn't stop it from having happened though. Also the point of this rage (to which I can sympathise) is that learning from mistakes doesn't really seem to happen. Sure, you might not say that particular stupid thing again, but there's an infinite amount of other stupid things you can say, and undoubtedly you will say some of them in the future.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36987 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:12 am »

Speaking of Michigan weather, I can't play anything more cpu intensive then ADOM 'cause my computer keeps on overheating and crashing.  :(
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #36988 on: May 22, 2014, 01:26:23 am »

Well, I recently mentioned my sleep cycle fucking them over by waking me up at 6? Looks like it took offence. Today it was first 5 AM, THEN 6 AM, when my classes start at 10 >.<
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36989 on: May 22, 2014, 06:39:33 am »

At the rate it feels like we're going, I'd up that to beginning of July. Prepare for endless headlines of RECORD HEAT WAVE.
Come on, 80 is nothing. Last summer around here was 122f. Computer ran just fine too. Glad I'm heading into winter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 3345