Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691252 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32445 on: February 07, 2014, 09:41:09 am »

Are you victim blaming ^-^?
Have to establish one is being harmed before they can be called a victim.

"Annoyed at what those 'weird people' are doing over there" is not harm.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32446 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:13 am »

Are you victim blaming ^-^?
Have to establish one is being harmed before they can be called a victim.

"Annoyed at what those 'weird people' are doing over there" is not harm.
Again, please make a basic effort to investigate before yelling at people. The girl who posted that is an asshole taking shots at the SJW assholes by mocking the habits of the various SJ types doing the same things for gender identity, etc. (leaving aside the question of whether they tend to be assholes for another day).

In case it was too much effort to read the author's bio:
Egalitarian who got tired of seeing all the bigotry, hate, mental gymnastics, and general disorganized chaos of Tumblr's SJW scene.

This blog is pro-social justice and anti-SJW, as well as anti-WN.

I rest my case: tumblr is full of assholes. This one just happens to be an asshole satirizing other people instead of believing wholeheartedly in their bullshit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32447 on: February 07, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »

Going home on winter holidays. Bought a ticket yesterday, went to print it today.

Today, I'm calling my mother who tells me they decided yesterday to go to a party starting at the exact time when I would be arriving. This is just the backstory.

Since that's my only option aside from calling a cab which would cost a half of what I paid for the ticket already, I'm trying to swap the ticket.

After wading through several pages' worth of documents and vague pointers ('to find the X information, go to our main page! Then guess which of the tabs has a tab containing the informations you're looking for!), it finally turned out that actually all you have to do is click 'Cancel' and get a 95% refund. ARGH.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32448 on: February 07, 2014, 12:52:54 pm »

Well that sucks from a customer service perspective, but at least you got most of your money back right? Also it sucks from a family being there for you perspective too. And probably a winter is dropping snow everywhere and it was fun at first but now it's horrible perspective.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32449 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02:20 pm »

And probably a winter is dropping snow everywhere and it was fun at first but now it's horrible perspective.

No, it's quite the opposite. It IS terrible, because we got what passes for a heatwave in winter, ESPECIALLY where I live right now (a city in the valley in the highlands), because the hot air is coming over the mountains.

So, the snow is melting, it's actually, well, pleasantly cold for my standards (40-ish Fahrenheit/5-ish Celsius)... I like my winter bitterly cold and snowy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32450 on: February 07, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

If nobody can get in to do banking, the site is secure.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32451 on: February 07, 2014, 03:25:19 pm »

I agree with this assessment.  I thought it over, I agree less with this statement (I forgot my stupid security courses I'm taking and what this could possibly insinuate and blahblahblahtechnobabblesomeonegrabacrowbarandfollowme).

Today has been a VERY rage-inducing day.

And, to make it better, jobcentre tomorrow! Yay! I have to go there because they seem to think I'm too stupid to understand HOW TO FUCKING JOBSEARCH.

I KNOW HOW TO USE THE INTERNET! I CAN PHONE COMPANIES! I CAN USE YOUR FUCKING JOBMATCH WEBSITE! I CAN USE APPRENTICESHIP WEBSITES! I KNOW HOW TO LOOK FOR A FUCKING JOB, YOU FUCKING DIPSHITS!

Who is sending you to this?  Why are you required to go?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:37:13 pm by Karkov »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32452 on: February 07, 2014, 03:42:44 pm »

What is it with online banking that makes banks think it needs to be difficult?

Try it in chrome, the thing decides lolnope, try it in firefox, it freezes firefox.

Seriously, I WANT TO USE YOUR SERVICES! WHO DID YOU HIRE FOR THIS SIMPLE SHIT AND WHY!?
Have you tried IE? they probably have something stupid that only work in ie if it freezes so much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32453 on: February 07, 2014, 03:48:33 pm »

In my state when you're on unemployment assistance you need to report that you have made X number of job search contacts per week. You don't actually have to upload those contacts, but you had better have them if they ever audit you because they can request them at any time. A job search contact can be a response to a Craigslist ad, an interview, or even attendance at one of the job center classes.

The classes are dumb.

And it takes about 1 minute to read a CL ad, respond with a resume and a cover letter that has pieces pasted together to hit the requirements in their ad, and write down the job search contact info for your weekly records.

So why would anyone choose to spend hours at the job center? I assume he has to. Probably the rules in his state are different, or he has some kind of special requirements.

OTOH, I never looked at unemployment assistance as a handout. It's actually unemployment insurance, and you pay into it every paycheck when you are working. I figure anyone who gets on unemployment pulls more than they put in, which is balanced by other people who pay in and never collect, and funding from other sources.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32454 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

I listed "bullets" as my greatest weakness on an application once because I couldn't think of anything serious. They didn't call me back.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32455 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

'What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
What do you hope to improve?
What is your quest?
What is the capital of Assyria?'

I agree with this assessment.  I thought it over, I agree less with this statement (I forgot my stupid security courses I'm taking and what this could possibly insinuate and blahblahblahtechnobabblesomeonegrabacrowbarandfollowme).

-rage snip-
Who is sending you to this?  Why are you required to go?
I saw a crowbar at a store the other day. /missingthepoint

If someone's planning an attack, or is currently in the process of one, they can take down the site and make it impossible to connect for the public, but still give them free reign of the system.  There's some fun, silly shit they can do to it as well, like setting up a mirror server that acts as a man-in-the-middle attack that people don't really realize something's up with until they've already given up information.

Basically:  Even though the site's down, it's not safe (if this wasn't what you were talking about I apologize, but yeah crowbars are pretty cool and Gordon Freeman totally had one).

Fake EDIT:
I listed "bullets" as my greatest weakness on an application once because I couldn't think of anything serious. They didn't call me back.

Should've put down "Kryptonite," job assured.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:08:04 pm by Karkov »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32456 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »

I have listed "being shocked with electricity in psychological experiments" as previous work experience before.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32457 on: February 07, 2014, 05:18:19 pm »

"What's your greatest weakness?"

If anyone actually tells you their greatest weakness, then their weakness is evident in their lack of common sense. This would be a bad answer in an interview of course.

I generally go with something evident from my resume. If I don't have a lot of experience in the field, I'll mention that. Something that doesn't actually diminish my presentation.

If they smirk and say it's a bullshit answer, it's time to call them on asking bullshit questions. You wanna hire an idiot? No? Start asking me questions that make me think this would be a good place for me to work.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32458 on: February 07, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »

I listed "bullets" as my greatest weakness for both my previous and current jobs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32459 on: February 07, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »

It's true. Your employer wants you to be exactly the person they want: someone who knows nothing about employment law, who has no hobbies or opinions, who has boring and mainstream politics and religion, single and sterile so you won't ever need maternity leave or show up late because your kids have a snow day. As an interviewee you need to prove that you're obedient, competent, and dependable. They really want to hire a robot but can't afford one.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 3345