Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 [2159] 2160 2161 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691326 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32370 on: February 05, 2014, 08:58:28 am »

Parents are watching the Bill Nye v Ken Ham debate.

Oooooooooooooooooooh joy ::)

EDIT: Aaaaaand now I want to punch someone in the face ::)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:41:24 am by Iceblaster »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32371 on: February 05, 2014, 11:13:55 am »

What happen?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32372 on: February 05, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

Long story short, I'm just trying not to rage myself into a face punching spree because for some reason a normal little two hour(or three... I don't know) with my parents interjecting is fucking annoying.

In other words, I'm just rather annoyed for no apparent reason :P

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32373 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:45 am »

I thought it would be more along the lines of a scientist talking and having good points and excellent arguments thrown back at him by a religious-minded individual, whose only real argument is "this is what I believe in, and you are wrong".

But the constant interjections are annoying as well.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32374 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

People can have a rational debate over religion. It's been done before. Unfortunately this very rarely happens, and it's usually the pro-religion side that starts the yelling.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32375 on: February 05, 2014, 12:30:44 pm »

Once again CNN.....

It is really fucking news that Netflix is adding some movies and shows to its line up? NO! NO IT'S FUCKING NOT NEWS. IT'S FUCKING BUSINESS AND MINDLESS ENTERTAINMENT. OMG, Netflix is going to offer a movie from the 80s?!?! Holy shit, that's vastly more important than practically any other fucking topic they could cover.

They might as well just start cramming ads into every video and article. Because that seems to be what CNN does best now: market other people's shit.

and it's usually the pro-religion side that starts the yelling.

Both sides start yelling, when they hear something that pisses them off sufficiently enough. When creationists invoke science without respecting what the scientific principle actually means, and scientists demean how important a creationist's view of reality is to them, the discourse breaks down.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32376 on: February 05, 2014, 12:34:29 pm »

You know, science fiction used to be about taking the latest advances in science and extrapolating from those once. Now it's fantasy, IN SPACE!

Science Fiction were always mainly "fantasy" in space. Just look at the old pulp comics and stuff like that. "Hard" science fiction had always been a rather niche genre.
What is wrong with fantasy in space, though?

(apart from semantics and that it shouldn't be "science" fiction and blah blah.)

Nothing. I was responding to scrdrtst's statement that it used to be about science.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32377 on: February 05, 2014, 12:36:35 pm »

Chrome wouldn't run - either the window wouldn't open or it'd crash immediately. So I uninstalled it, downloaded it again, and the install keeps crashing for "unspecified reasons."

So now I have firefox.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #32378 on: February 05, 2014, 12:51:34 pm »

>downloads LWJGL
>entire wiki is down
>can't get through forum registration to post bug report

Darn it. I hope they fix it soon.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32379 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:31 pm »

Damnit google, I don't want yo uto make a public google+ account for me. I just want to bloody sign in to youtube and watch some videos.

Argh. Nothing is going right today.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32380 on: February 05, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »

Damnit google, I don't want yo uto make a public google+ account for me. I just want to bloody sign in to youtube and watch some videos.

Argh. Nothing is going right today.
Do you want to use Google+? No? Well that's fine. Do you want to use Youtube? Well then go make a Google+ account and come back.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32381 on: February 05, 2014, 02:12:42 pm »

D&D Online not connecting. Quick timeline:

1: Never had a serious problem with getting a game to work that I couldn't fix in 1-2 days at most.
2: Get new laptop, download DDO, works fine. Girlfriend on exact same model of laptop has DDO, works fine.
3: Download Planetside 2, everything works fine.
4: Out of the blue one day DDO and PS2 won't connect. All other internet applications work flawlessly. GF's DDO works flawlessly. Spend one month (30 days) in tech support nightmare hell.
5: Girlfriend's DDO stops working.
6: Reinstall OS, install only normal updates and DDO. Works again. Install PS2, everything stops working.
7: Reinstall OS again, figuring PS2 breaks both games, don't reinstall PS2. DDO works.
8: Suddenly after behaving for a couple months DDO stops working.
9: Begin process of reinstalling DDO / firewall exceptions / etc. DDO connects! Log out and test with another character. DDO fails to connect! Continued fixing and it connects again! Then log out and restart and it fails more!
WTF.

The main problem here is a lack of debugging tools or even error codes in the game software. I want to know exactly what happened but all I can get is "You failed to connect to the server" and independently that the servers are online and working fine. It could be a million things, 90% of which I don't know anything about, but there's no way to debug and the tech support for a paying customer is absolute shit. I spent 30 days going back and forth with a moron reading from a script before I got someone who spoke Geek and by then the reinstallation of my OS had solved the problem - temporarily.

Honestly it's probably my shit laptop. It was a nice one when I bought it, but cheaply made. The DVD drive is finicky and the GF's laptop speakers are going out. This is also my first experience with WIN8 so it might be the OS screwing things up. It might also be the laptop video card not playing nice with DX10 (although the specs are fine). Why can't we just have good solid hardware and an incredibly stable, well-documented, fully-featured OS? People have been making computers for how long now? Microsoft is Windows and they can't stop fucking everything up at every turn?

A new pair of gaming laptops would cost us a couple grand. And ours are not even 1 year old. After having a laptop I just refuse to go back to a desktop. Willing to accept lower power than a desktop, just not willing to accept that shit just won't work anymore.

I just want to spend money to buy a good thing that won't fucking suck, instead of spending money buying garbage all the time.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32382 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »

-snip-
It might be the OS. A friend of mine cannot play most MMOs because of numerous errors, and some searching around on the internet blamed it onto windows 8. I'd say install windows 7 and try again to see if it was the OS or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32383 on: February 05, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »

I've had no problems running DDO in DX9 mode, even with my terrible integrated graphics, but DX10 mode just crashes for me. Other than suggest trying DX9 mode, and see if your wireless adapter in the laptop needs driver updates, all I can say is 'is it 64-bit windows' and second Deathsword's point about getting Win7. As long as its just Win8 not being as compatible with games, buying a copy or two of Win7 64-bit would be significantly cheaper than two gaming laptops.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32384 on: February 05, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

I might end up doing that. Windows 7 was fine - I should have held firm on skipping every other Windows OS release.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 [2159] 2160 2161 ... 3345