Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691200 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31920 on: January 22, 2014, 06:26:12 pm »

And the tubes are full of stars.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31921 on: January 22, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

Never mind, I found something even dumber.
tumblr is pretty much the only place where people will stop and think “but hey hitler was a human being too”
Oh come on, this is like Bay12 but nobody is shouting at them to be less smug.
... On Bay12 we have Hitler facestab maths. Beat that, Tumblr.
I can't believe people still remember that. It was a perfect example of why giving a bored humanities/poly sci major access to statistics and a calculator is a bad idea...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31922 on: January 22, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »

tumblr is pretty much the only place where people will stop and think “but hey hitler was a human being too”
I can't believe people still remember that. It was a perfect example of why giving a bored humanities/poly sci major access to statistics and a calculator is a bad idea...

it is the best idea

quick someone calculate how much tobacco stalin smoked in his pipe and if we could potentially smother flying dice in the ashes on a whim

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31923 on: January 22, 2014, 06:33:28 pm »

The answer is possibly yes, depending on how fast Flying Dice is flying.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31924 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:44 pm »

it is the best idea

quick someone calculate how much tobacco stalin smoked in his pipe and if we could potentially smother flying dice in the ashes on a whim
I don't think many people are offended by pipe ashes, even if they're Stalin's.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31925 on: January 23, 2014, 12:51:09 am »

it is the best idea

I don't think many people are offended by pipe ashes, even if they're Stalin's.

wait, so the merit of hitler facestabbing maths wasn't the math itself, but the fact that hitler was doing the facestabbing?

you learn something new every day.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31926 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:20 am »

Gah, I was careless in my Skype Convo again.

I've mentioned this little section i've read about the death of Characters in Pen & Paper and these people managed a flopping 468 messages overnight.

Wat.

Why are these people allways having these huge discussions when im not around? I want to debate too dammit! I have clever arguments and opinions too that I wanted to daramtically insert into the whole thing at appropriate moments, and they start talking about it 5 MINUTES after I went to bed. The only stimulating conversation I could've had all day, in between the idiot who will hold a Lecture about "The Customer is King" for 4 hours, and my general knowledge-teacher who will no doubt spend the entire morning talking about the new fashion trends of "Teenagers in the modern age."

The amount of F's I dont give about both these subjects cant be measured in human numbers.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31927 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:18 pm »

>Wake up
>WTF it's freezing
>-25C outside, -40 with windchill, and our furnace broke
>Car won't start
>Can't move other vehicle enough to jumpstart it
>Do 4 hours of brutally difficult math problems for practice
>WRONG TEXTBOOK

FML.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31928 on: January 23, 2014, 02:21:21 pm »

What's so bad about using a different textbook? Mathematics is mathematics...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31929 on: January 23, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »

And if it's that "brutally difficult", it's probably a good challenge to improve your math ability!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31930 on: January 23, 2014, 03:19:10 pm »

It was a sociology textbook.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31931 on: January 23, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »

Something like this could happen:

>Studying for discrete mathematics class
>Spend 4 hours on multivariable calculus

Of course, that example would probably be immediately obvious, but basically you could study a thing you're not going to use on the exam you're furiously trying to pass. That would be cause for rage, however awesome the accomplishment was in itself.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31932 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:03 pm »

Something like this could happen:

>Studying for discrete mathematics class
>Spend 4 hours on multivariable calculus

Of course, that example would probably be immediately obvious, but basically you could study a thing you're not going to use on the exam you're furiously trying to pass. That would be cause for rage, however awesome the accomplishment was in itself.
This. I had a Latin test I did terribly on today, because I didn't study the specific things that were going to be on the test, just Latin in general. The test was basically all specific things in reference to a particular reading (which, to be fair, we were warned about; but I was unprepared for how literally nothing I read was useful except for a few specific phrases and words).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31933 on: January 24, 2014, 06:12:18 am »

Friggin Youtube did something stupid again.

Normally, the mobile version of the desktop Youtube would launch my phone's native video player when I press the full-screen button. Now, it makes the HTML5 video "full screen" by resizing the player to be equal to my screen resolution. You supposedly can exit it by dragging on the top of the screen... except that that motion is reserved for pulling the phone's notification bar down. Also, the psuedo-full-screen is pretty bad anyways; plus I don?'t think HTML5 would run more efficiently than a native program...

Grr, looks like they're trying to force all users to use the youtube app -_- first they make the desktop version the mobile default and now this.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31934 on: January 24, 2014, 08:08:17 am »

Holy -snip- batman
Ugh. What is google thinking, seriously? It seems like everything they do to Youtube ruins something important.
Pages: 1 ... 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 ... 3345