Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694458 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29265 on: November 09, 2013, 05:11:52 pm »

Plus she only uses her computer for work, there isn't going to be anything on it. She can barely figure out how to turn it on as it is.
She can look at the history, but has barely any knowledge of computers?

Come to think of it...
Does she know about google chrome's incognito mode? If not, use that. Ain't no history for her to go back on there.

firefox actually has an option to not record history globally. options > privacy it is. incognito will only make her suspicious if she actually sees flyme using stuff in it

fairly sure chrome should have an identical thing available

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29266 on: November 09, 2013, 06:03:38 pm »

Plus she only uses her computer for work, there isn't going to be anything on it. She can barely figure out how to turn it on as it is.

Come to think of it...
Does she know about google chrome's incognito mode? If not, use that. Ain't no history for her to go back on there.

She used to be a secretary, so she remembers some things. Not too much, though. She still double clicks everything, and it drives me nuts. Doesn't use the scroll wheel either.

I don't have to worry about my history, since I don't look at that kind of stuff.

It's just the fact that she'd even look through my computer that bugs me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29267 on: November 09, 2013, 06:20:07 pm »

Come to think of it...

She used to be a secretary, so she remembers some things. Not too much, though. She still double clicks everything, and it drives me nuts. Doesn't use the scroll wheel either.

I don't have to worry about my history, since I don't look at that kind of stuff.

It's just the fact that she'd even look through my computer that bugs me.
Password protect your user account? Make a fake user account under your name (changing yours to "Admin",) with a background that says "Get the fuck off my computer!"?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29268 on: November 09, 2013, 06:26:30 pm »

The fake account is worthwhile, but you want it to be convincing if you go that route, so no insulting desktop image. Keep in mind that means you'll want a gradual transition, so she doesn't get suspicious. The key is to make her believe that you're adjusting to the way she wants you to behave until you're no longer dependent on her, since changing her mind is (I assume) impossible, and her continued privacy invasions are unbearable. If she knows you are hiding things from her, that will only make her angrier.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29269 on: November 09, 2013, 06:30:58 pm »

Teaching my sister to drive standard. Oh god my poor car. I have to admit I was like that too, but holy shit, I at least put the clutch in before trying to shift.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29270 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:36 pm »

The fake account is worthwhile, but you want it to be convincing if you go that route, so no insulting desktop image. Keep in mind that means you'll want a gradual transition, so she doesn't get suspicious. The key is to make her believe that you're adjusting to the way she wants you to behave until you're no longer dependent on her, since changing her mind is (I assume) impossible, and her continued privacy invasions are unbearable. If she knows you are hiding things from her, that will only make her angrier.

But I don't have a thing to hide. Nothing whatsoever. My account is password locked, and is the only one on the computer. Last night she actually kicked me off while I was still on it.

She gets suspicious if I ever have more than one tab open in a browser, and God help me if I close a tab or a window if she is nearby.

E: DFFD, Why aren't you sending me an account activation e-mail? WHY!?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:48:13 pm by BlackFlyme »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29271 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

Go with Frumple's idea instead.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:48:54 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29272 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:03 pm »

Open 100 tabs of puppy images and go to sleep. Wait. Laugh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29273 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

Couple dozen academics-related wikipedia pages is probably the way to go. Research papers, study help, etc., so forth, so on. Current studies related, or, if you're not in school, stuff related to workforce junk. Get them used to seeing multiple tabs open and those tabs being entirely on the up and up.

Eventually, the guard drops, the suspicion eases. Then, you strike.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29274 on: November 09, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »

No, jumpscares. Hundreds and hundreds of jumpscares.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29275 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

Goddamn I am hungry, but eating means leaving the free wi-fi here. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29276 on: November 09, 2013, 09:45:42 pm »

99 puppies and 1 jump scare at position #72.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29277 on: November 09, 2013, 09:49:39 pm »

99 puppies and 1 jump scare at position #72.
And a shock image at #49.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29278 on: November 09, 2013, 09:50:36 pm »

Personally whenever they came around and said "Get off I'm gonna make sure you're on the up-and-up," I'd just lock my computer. Go to the user-log-in screen without actually signing off.

And say "Yeah no, that's not happening."

'Course, this coming from a guy who's privacy was routinely invaded by his brother and who had said-brother routinely lie, cheat, steal, and lock him out of the router regularly and without warning. I'm kind of "Not cool at all" about privacy invasion and overbearing family members.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29279 on: November 09, 2013, 10:08:14 pm »

Windows+L is the lock command, I believe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 3345