Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1949 1950 [1951] 1952 1953 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694802 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29250 on: November 09, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

Huh, for some reason my router keeps randomly losing Internet connection.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29251 on: November 09, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »

I have a well-documented hatred of the holiday season. It's vapid, pointless, shallow, and depressing, and all because it's so fake. Put the most irritating window dressing (irritating music, irritating decorations, irritating fairy tales,) on the most miserable season (cold brings pain, which leads to depression, which makes me angry because I'm depressed, continue cycle,) extend it by three months longer than it should be, turn the volume and bloom up to eleven, push it in our faces for three+ months of every year all day every day, and wonder why some of us hate the whole thing.

Fuck the spending, fuck the horrible music, fuck the gaudy decorations, fuck the gluttony, fuck the forced get-togethers, and fuck the effort of faking happiness because society at large says you have to or you're an emotional mutant. The holiday season can fuck off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29252 on: November 09, 2013, 12:38:43 pm »

I have a well-documented hatred of the holiday season. It's vapid, pointless, shallow, and depressing, and all because it's so fake. Put the most irritating window dressing (irritating music, irritating decorations, irritating fairy tales,) on the most miserable season (cold brings pain, which leads to depression, which makes me angry because I'm depressed, continue cycle,) extend it by three months longer than it should be, turn the volume and bloom up to eleven, push it in our faces for three+ months of every year all day every day, and wonder why some of us hate the whole thing.

Fuck the spending, fuck the horrible music, fuck the gaudy decorations, fuck the gluttony, fuck the forced get-togethers, and fuck the effort of faking happiness because society at large says you have to or you're an emotional mutant. The holiday season can fuck off.
Wait, but it isn't even the holiday season yet! Are you raging in advance?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29253 on: November 09, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »

Christmas decorations have been in stores now for three weeks.

FakeEdit: The worst part about the whole thing is that no one listens. Everyone just says, "Oh, he must just be a party pooper all the time," when I tell them that I don't like holidays, and try to force me to participate anyway. My family, every year, forces me to make them a list of shit to buy me, even though I tell them that I don't want anything, and even though they live on a shoestring budget on good days. They always cook a thousand pounds of food that everyone grumbles about eating for the next month.

I. Don't. Want. Anything. To. Do. With. Holidays.

I don't want people to waste their money on me when budgets are especially tight. I don't want them to waste time trying to shoehorn me into a schedule I wouldn't otherwise see. I certainly don't enjoy being trudged to a thousand family homes because a cousin of a cousin is a real "holiday person." I don't enjoy the pageantry, I don't enjoy the season, I don't enjoy the frenzied shopping, I don't enjoy lying to children, I don't enjoy anything about the nonsensical and overwhelmingly irritating "spirit of christmas." I just wish people would leave me the hell out of all of it, but they won't.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:57:34 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29254 on: November 09, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »

This entire week seems like it's been out to get me. Late buses. Crowded buses. Work sucks. My mouse died(or rather, the LMB is all but unusable) and the replacement I've kept for just this situation continually hangs on the input(it also has stupidly bright lights on it I have to unplug the mouse to turn off). My back hurts. My neck hurts. For some reason I've been sleeping on my right shoulder, so now it hurts. The power went out for an hour the other day, possibly because of some tree trimmers accross the street.

My parents informed me that they were moving my little sister back into my room again. Then that night they snuck her in in the middle of the night, where I'm subsequently woken up by: her snoring(3:00AM), her phone's alarm clock(4:00AM), her alarm clock again(4:30AM), her getting a call from her boyfriend because she had to go and pick him up at 4:00AM and her subsequent apology(5:00AM), and finally my own time to get up to get ready for work(6:00AM).

Finished rearranging Beloved Tomboyish Girl to be playable on my flute. Then I find that MidiSheetMusic cannot display: upbeats, time or key signature changes, half the notes correctly. The next step is to copy the score directly from Anvil Studio into Paint, which resulted in an ugly, but workable score. While Anvil Studio supposedly can output sheet music, it requires an optional accessory that costs $39 to do solely that. And because the default background color for AS's composer screen is yellow(and I didn't feel like changing it), I tried to set the image as a black and white(cheaper to print, for starters). Unfortunately, doing this screwed the image, is not undo-able, and automatically saves the image, forcing me to start over.

Wait, but it isn't even the holiday season yet! Are you raging in advance?
I was seeing Christmas decorations weeks before Halloween. He is not raging in advance. He is raging with perfect timing.

PRE-EDIT: Goddamn ninjas.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29255 on: November 09, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

Christmas decorations have been in stores now for three weeks.
Well, maybe where you are.

A horrible thing happened to me just now.
You see, for the previous year or so I was living in vague anticipation of Dragon Age: Inquisition, the game that will undoubtedly set right what went wrong in DA 2, and be as delicious as Origins was, only with better teeth. I didn't actually check when it's due to be out, but I had a feeling that I'd be able to get it for New Year.

Well guess what, the official release date is Fall 2014.

Maybe it won't be as half-baked as the second one was, but still. A little tear rolled down my cheek.

PSedit: also, MaximumZero, now I imagine you as Todd Allison for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:16:00 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29256 on: November 09, 2013, 01:15:46 pm »

* kaijyuu wishes Christmas decorations were year-round.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29257 on: November 09, 2013, 01:21:00 pm »

While I don't necessarily agree with the rest of the grumpiness...

I don't want people to waste their money on me when budgets are especially tight.
This, this, this. It's bad enough when the people spending their money on me are intelligent and insightful enough to pick something I'll enjoy reading, but when it's just random crap? I don't want to give gifts, I don't want to receive gifts. I want to spend a little time with my gorram family enjoying their company. Sure, I'll get something for my little cousin, let the kids enjoy the materialism. Me, I don't need jack shit; if I haven't bought it myself, the cost isn't worth it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29258 on: November 09, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »

You know what I hate about the holiday season? The fall holiday season. Pumpkin spiced foods. They're amazing, but even though we now possess the technology to manufacture these magnificent treats all year, their seasonal associations mean you can only get them for 2-3 months! It's stupid on a truly titanic scale. Why would you do this to us, society?

Why do we even have an economy if it won't let us do have pumpkin pie in May. I'm not sure I see the point.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:23:54 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29259 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »

I don't know, but thanks for reminding me to go to the store sometime soon to go get some, particularly Pumpkin Spice-flavored tea.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29260 on: November 09, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »

Mm, now I'm hungry for homemade pumpkin pie. We make it every year with the family recipe and it is possibly the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. The secret is to take an already-decent recipe, replace the sugar with molasses and brown sugar, then quadruple the portions of all the spices.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29261 on: November 09, 2013, 04:15:30 pm »

You... don't want to go down that route. Have you talked to her about it?

Like I said, she is extremely protective, to the point where I've never had to actually do much of anything all my life. I'm severely lacking in basic life skills like cooking. Even worse, she feels that she raised me by herself, and that I owe her everything. She refuses to acknowledge what others in my family have contributed to my upbringing, claiming that they are just trying to steal credit from her.

Plus she only uses her computer for work, there isn't going to be anything on it. She can barely figure out how to turn it on as it is.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29262 on: November 09, 2013, 04:19:12 pm »

Aww, someone's going bah humbug. You need a candy cane and some cheerful holiday music to get in the mood!

Please don't murder me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29263 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:09 pm »

Aww, someone's going bah humbug. You need a candy cane and some cheerful holiday music to get in the mood!

Please don't murder me.
Whelp. It's time for some

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29264 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »

On a side note, IE explorer's inprivate mode is better. Incognito mode still saves quite a lot of data.
Pages: 1 ... 1949 1950 [1951] 1952 1953 ... 3345