Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1939 1940 [1941] 1942 1943 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703022 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29100 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:50 am »

A bit of digging reveals the primary reason he went through all this was because he had been found guilty, by the police force, of "contempt of cop" - he'd been stopped previously for having a cracked window, and he'd asked if he was free to go, and the police took affront and responded by seizing his car and searching it for drugs. None were found, of course, but in the warrant issued here the fact that he had already been searched for drugs previously was the main justification - in their minds, he'd gotten off once and they had to find SOMETHING to pin on him.

Basically, this isn't a case of "take the x-ray, nothing there, let him go" (which is still messed up, but whatever) - it's a case of "harass this guy, use previous harassment as a justification"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:52:39 am by GlyphGryph »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29101 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:20 am »

Buh-
Wha-
GHKGHKGHKAAAARG
*incoherent rage sounds*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29102 on: November 06, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »

Hey, the police don't search innocent people. C'mon. Only criminals attract the attention of law enforcement! That's why we can call people criminals before their trials, and assert that they therefore have no rights.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29103 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »

I watched enough of the new Law and Order shows (especially Special Victims unit) to know that... a lot of people are actually on the Police officer's side on this one.

Basically the idea is such: The police know the guy has drugs and is getting away with it! but by harassing him they are keeping him off the streets to do evil deeds!

Did I ever mention how much I hate Law and Order Special Victim's unit?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29104 on: November 06, 2013, 03:10:34 pm »

FUCK GIT. I JUST SPENT 3 HOURS MESSING AROUND WITH SOME FUCKING COMMITS THAT HAD CONFLICTS AND ENDED UDP HAVING  TOP CLOSE MY FUCKING PR NOW WI HAVE TO DOD EVERYYHTING AGAIN FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT!

THE MAINTAINERS LET THE PR SIT AROUND FOR A WEEK UNTIL IT COULDNT BE AUTOMERGED RAAAAAAGGGHHHH

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29105 on: November 06, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »

Shhhh.... shhh. Git is good. Help you, I will.

* GlyphGryph sends off a PM!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29106 on: November 06, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »

Trying to set the spawn for everyone on a world (as in everyone. So that when they start playing, they spawn there) in minecraft seems stupidly hard. I've tried damned near everything and it still only sets MY spawn point.

GRAAAAAAAGH!

They should have made it so you could use a command such as '/set spawnpoint all'

MCEdit? I seem to recall a "set world spawn" option in addition to "set player spawn".

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29107 on: November 06, 2013, 04:04:49 pm »

I really hate the public transport in this country.
The delays I can forgive (sometimes it's actually better if I get a bit late), even though my morning school bus is literally always late.

The fact that really pisses me off is that my return-trip bus departs right when I leave school (on Wednesdays anyway, or whenever I have 7 classes that day) and I have to rush to the bus stop to get it. But because I first have to grab my stuff from my locker (like my jacket and whatnot).

Of course I didn't get to it today, fine.
But that goddamn driver saw me running in his direction (I wasn't this far away) and he still just drove away.

Fine. The next bus is in 15 minutes.
What did truly piss me off is that my phone battery was dead, so music or internet was a nono. (mind you it was fully charged that morning)
I had no pocket money either, so I couldn't go and eat anything, either. And I had no one to talk to.

I don't mind waiting 15 minutes for a bus, but knowing that I missed one by like a minute and having to spend really boring fifteen minutes was not an exactly pleasant way to finish off school.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29108 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »

"Giving away a free gift"

"If you first plug my website."

These people are just as bad as spambots, the difference is they bring candy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29109 on: November 06, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »

GRAAUUUUUHHGHHHHHH. IT HAS BEEN RAINING FOR LIKE A GODDAMN MONTH. AND NOT THE LIGHT RAIN, NOOOOOO, IT'S A GODDAMN DOWNPOUR. WHY WON'T YOU STOP! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? AUUUUUUUUHGGHHHHHHHH. Whew. Feels good to scream incoherently at the heavens, even though it won't change a thing. But seriously, in the last three weeks, we've had maybe four days without rain. Everywhere is just swamp. Best part? We hook up the extension cords to the Christmas displays soon. Fun.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29110 on: November 06, 2013, 06:53:38 pm »

What's the best way of handling an ulcer in one's mouth? I've got a large one that's gotten worse over the last few days and I'm debating about whether treating it or just leaving it be so I don't get the foul substance in my mouth.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29111 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:25 pm »

Best to leave them alone. If they don't go away, you know something more is happening.

Edit: So, the newest and greatest of Youtube's updates prevents you from ever commenting again unless you join Google+. Think I'll just stay silent then, assholes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:51:08 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29112 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »

I hate Youtube so much right now. They changed the video comments so you apparently need to be signed in to Google+ to comment, now. I unlinked my Youtube account from my G+, but now I have to. Also, they're sending comment replies to your G+ account, too, so you won't get a message in your inbox. What the fuck is this. Also you can apparently "add" people to comments, which seems like it's essentially tagging people. Fucking hate this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29113 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »

First I was like "Maybe I'll upload a second KSP video."
I hate Youtube so much right now. They changed the video comments so you apparently need to be signed in to Google+ to comment, now. I unlinked my Youtube account from my G+, but now I have to. Also, they're sending comment replies to your G+ account, too, so you won't get a message in your inbox. What the fuck is this. Also you can apparently "add" people to comments, which seems like it's essentially tagging people. Fucking hate this.
Then I was like, "Thank you Google for ruining this"

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29114 on: November 06, 2013, 10:09:24 pm »

The Yahoo mail interface. Just let me use the browsers back button to go to the previous page. Please. No, I don't want to go back to the very first page of the inbox. No, I don't want to go back wherever I came from before Yahoo. Just let me go access the previous page, like every other website in the bloody world does.
((And before someone suggests that I should use gmail: I do, I just have to look at emails on my mom's email account occassionally, or help her upload photos and such))
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1939 1940 [1941] 1942 1943 ... 3345