Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 [1936] 1937 1938 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702167 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29025 on: November 01, 2013, 08:12:28 am »

Woke up this morning in a "fuck society" mood. *sigh* I'm 30 fucking years old. This isn't supposed to be happening anymore.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29026 on: November 01, 2013, 09:14:50 am »

it never goes away zerokins

it never goes away.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29027 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:25 am »

Woke up this morning in a "fuck society" mood. *sigh* I'm 30 fucking years old. This isn't supposed to be happening anymore.

Haha. No.

It only intensifies as you get older. Instead of saying it in a younger, rebellious voice, you say it in the voice of a grizzled, angry veteran.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29028 on: November 01, 2013, 09:49:28 am »

When you want the world, including your lawn, to get off your lawn, then you will truly know what it means to be an adult.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29029 on: November 01, 2013, 10:00:40 am »

For me, in my teen years, I was angered by the world - lots of things were wrong and I would/did fight to change them. Then I ended up needing a job and some kind of stability/security, and the system began to grind me down - I had to be part of it to prosper. However, since having kids, I feel as I did in my youth: I am not happy letting my offspring grow up in a world with so much that needs to be made better.
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29030 on: November 01, 2013, 10:16:42 am »

GODDAMN CAT. She keeps thinking power cords and headphone cords are dangly cat toys.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29031 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:57 am »

Everything is a cat toy, RedKing. EVERYTHING.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29032 on: November 01, 2013, 10:25:56 am »

Everything is a cat toy, RedKing. EVERYTHING.
Note to self: Always wear pants around the cats. ALWAYS.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29033 on: November 01, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

Their claws laugh at your pathetic flesh covering.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29034 on: November 01, 2013, 11:38:09 am »

See, I never had a teenage rebellion stage. Never saw the point.

Or at least, I don't think I did... >_> Memory sucks re: childhood, yeah, so no idea.

But anyway, I don't say "Fuck the world," it already sucks because of so many people saying "fuck it!", so why would I make it worse? I'm more of a "The world sucks enough already. You need any help?" kind of guy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29035 on: November 01, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »

I had a very brief teenage rebellion phase. About six months when I was 15. After that I grew out of the edgy phase and now I'm basically an anti-edginess crusader.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29036 on: November 01, 2013, 02:31:05 pm »

This store man. This frigging store.

If I gain immortality and come back in a thousand years, long after the store has fallen to rubble or been bulldozed to make something more useful, it will be to soon. There is only so much bullshit I can take from a single geographical location, and this store has exceeded it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29037 on: November 01, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »

My school's computer system was set up by monkeys, I swear.

I just wasted over three hours doing my term project. I saved it to the desktop, then opened my email to send it to my partners. When I went to upload it, it was gone.

The system is set to delete absolutely everything saved on any of the computers that's outside of our personal folders. The closest thing I have to a back-up is the instructions given to us by the teacher.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29038 on: November 01, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

The system is set to delete absolutely everything saved on any of the computers that's outside of our personal folders. The closest thing I have to a back-up is the instructions given to us by the teacher.
That is utterly moronic and sounds like overcontrolling administration setup your IT instead of someone who even knows what they're doing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29039 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »

That is utterly moronic and sounds like overcontrolling administration setup your IT instead of someone who even knows what they're doing.

Sad thing is that I've dealt with worse. One school I went to had disabled the right mouse button on all the computers somehow.

We were only warned that any files saved on the computer would only be deleted after logging off, which at least sounds reasonable. But I didn't log out.

I checked through virtually every folder on the computer, but I couldn't find the document anywhere. When I re-opened Word and tried going to "Recent Documents", nothing was there. I tried to check any temp files the computer had, but apparently those are disabled, since I couldn't find the temp folder anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 [1936] 1937 1938 ... 3345