Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1871 1872 [1873] 1874 1875 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692327 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: In A World.....Edition
« Reply #28080 on: October 07, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »

This put me into a shaking rage.  It was so. . . frustrating. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28081 on: October 07, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »

...and yet so therapeutic. Feels good man.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28082 on: October 07, 2013, 10:21:23 pm »

Lost 45 minutes removing pesky viruses >_<
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28083 on: October 07, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »

But it is an artsy game.

Now I didn't watch a lot of it... So let me see...

It is about a relationship and you, or at least the main character, is the villain but that is the twist.

Am I right?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:28:03 pm by Neonivek »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28084 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:33 pm »

It's not really a game. More... a way to deal with rough situations, I suppose?
It seems like it'd be rather nice if you're trying to make yourself feel better after a particularly bad argument or something worse.
Can't imagine it'd work for everyone. Especially if you go into it actively trying to consider it stupid or pointless.(so I can't really see it working for you, Neonivek. :P)
Annnnnyways... I like it.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28086 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:41 pm »

I had no idea what it was.  Thought it was kind of cool at first, ended up feeling quite insulted.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28087 on: October 07, 2013, 10:47:51 pm »

I had no idea what it was.  Thought it was kind of cool at first, ended up feeling quite insulted.
Why? I've used that before and it kinda helped a little.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28088 on: October 07, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »

I like it, but I see what Vector means.
The tone can be seen as rather patronizing.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28089 on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »

I like it, but I see what she means.
The tone can be seen as rather patronizing.
The impersonal patronisation helps when I'm trying to resolve situations where I was angry and either lost control or regret not losing control.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28090 on: October 07, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »

Tried to do that, but I could not think of a situation where I actually gave enough shits for it to be a problem, and that is a bit disturbing. The ability to just not give a single shit was useful in school when I was bullied, but now? I can't seem to actually bring myself to care about anything, positive or negative.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28091 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:23 pm »

Because they wound me up THAT MUCH (LOL, want to write down what happened?  No, fuck you, I don't want to remember) and then were all "Just breathe in and out <3"

That, and none of the "comically horrible revenge" things actually approached the charred degree of my feeling--and I don't even want real revenge, because I don't do that--and then they're all "Come on, you don't really want to do that, do you?  Breathe in and out, baby!  Everything's going to be fine!"

One minute it asks me openly to confide in it, and the next minute it undermines my feelings.  I don't put up with that from human beings, and I definitely won't accept that shit from an idiot piece of code.

EDIT: I had a PTSD attack today that lost me an hour of productivity.  I was hoping the thing would help.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:00:39 pm by Vector »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28092 on: October 07, 2013, 11:02:18 pm »

Eh, different people, different emotions. My main emotion when I get upset is rage, mostly because thats what I trained myself to feel throughout my childhood.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28093 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:38 pm »

Anyhow Vector I wouldn't really get that insulted by that thing.

The secret Vector is that it is just one big misdirection. It is trying to make you calm down mostly by lengthening things out and making you breathe. As well as interrupting your thinking processes to jar you into complying unwittingly.

It is insulting because it is patronizing, it only works by your willingness to go over the material and it is built for the lowest common denominator.

As well it is clearly written in meditative language, which always makes me unstable because I've been programmed to pick that out of what people are saying and filter it out or ignore it altogether. Which is why "I" dislike it greatly, since I consider that subversive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28094 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm just taking the opportunity to vent at something I can't hurt.  I'm not actually that mad now.

Pages: 1 ... 1871 1872 [1873] 1874 1875 ... 3345