Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695504 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26280 on: August 03, 2013, 03:49:28 pm »

And I think that was the last straw. The many reasons I had for wanting to visit the US have now been surpassed by the sheer terror of how completely and insanely over the top US is trying to be the perfect dystopian and orwellian country. It's long stopped being funny making comparisons but this shit is just wrong, I mean, who gives these people these jobs and responsibilities when they show little to no common fucking sense.

Anyways, farewell US, it's been nice never visiting you, I sincerely hope I never get near you (or you near me).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26281 on: August 03, 2013, 04:14:31 pm »

I could take visiting a police state... if it was in any way competent.

The US just isn't good at being Orwellian. At all.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26282 on: August 03, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »

Yeah, they don't even wait until you're in a government facility before torturing and killing you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #26283 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:11 pm »

Non-government thing that's annoying me: The complete joke Visual Studio 2013 still makes of all the metaprogramming stuff in the C++11 standard. What's that? decltype of a function call? A completely valid standard need of this functionality? Haha, fuck you. That'd require our team to have skilled employees, and they all went to work at Google loooong ago -_-
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:43:27 pm by MorleyDev »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26284 on: August 03, 2013, 06:03:15 pm »

Family, I love you, but please stop frakking moving my shit around when you visit. Yes, I'm saving those, no, stop trying to throw away my food while I'm cooking, please go take your nap and get out of my goddamn kitchen. Yes, I know where my junk is, at least until people start putting it other bloody places. No, you don't get to throw away the bedding you half ruined before I get around to having a go at rescuing it. That noise? That noise is me actually beginning to growl, because that's what happens when genuine irritation starts manifesting. It doesn't happen very often! Pretty chill, most of the time.

Though at least bit that waited until they'd left the house. Mumble, mutter.

I do like seeing these people, and they're largely unobtrusive and are helping me out a lot, but yes, family, I am actually fairly capable of handling myself when left to my own devices, these days. Stop rearranging my stuff. I knew where it was until you put it somewhere else, and now I'll have to fix it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26285 on: August 04, 2013, 12:12:06 am »

I've been eagerly awaiting two different mod releases for awhile now, MISERY 2.0 and Project Reality 1.0. Well, they've both came out around the same time and I managed to play both recently. MISERY 2.0 is a massive disappointment, and the developers have made it into a gigantic clusterfuck of unbalanced mechanics to impose "Difficulty" and "Realism", and it completely fails and makes the game unplayable. I don't shy away from hardcore or realistic games, but MISERY 2.0 is broken. NPC's have unlimited ammo, perfect condition guns, and can kill you in one to two hits (generally regardless of armor) from a long distance. If you do manage to kill them, they magically only drop a completely broken gun (Traders don't buy broken guns, and repairing them costs more than buying an actual 100% repaired version of it.) They also only drop two to three bullets at a time, which is ridiculous. Along with that, everything in the game is so ridiculously overpriced you can't afford to buy anything at all, and even if you do get a good gun ammo is so ridiculous you're literally burning rubles with every shot. Not to mention the various crashes and bugs, despite the developers claiming there were little to none and that they went through extensive closed testing. There's also a few missing features that were promised (Cooking) that the developers are now backtracking on saying that they never promised that. Oh, and there's proof that a majority of the beta testers were using cheats to try to test out the game, and still couldn't complete it without trouble.

I figure "Oh, well MISERY 2.0 is shit but hey, at least I can play Project Reality!" So I start playing Project Reality, and there's a bug in the game where servers will randomly crash and force all players to CTD every ten to thirty minutes. Fuck.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26286 on: August 04, 2013, 12:24:49 am »

I've been eagerly awaiting two different mod releases for awhile now, MISERY 2.0 and Project Reality 1.0. Well, they've both came out around the same time and I managed to play both recently. MISERY 2.0 is a massive disappointment, and the developers have made it into a gigantic clusterfuck of unbalanced mechanics to impose "Difficulty" and "Realism", and it completely fails and makes the game unplayable. I don't shy away from hardcore or realistic games, but MISERY 2.0 is broken. NPC's have unlimited ammo, perfect condition guns, and can kill you in one to two hits (generally regardless of armor) from a long distance. If you do manage to kill them, they magically only drop a completely broken gun (Traders don't buy broken guns, and repairing them costs more than buying an actual 100% repaired version of it.) They also only drop two to three bullets at a time, which is ridiculous. Along with that, everything in the game is so ridiculously overpriced you can't afford to buy anything at all, and even if you do get a good gun ammo is so ridiculous you're literally burning rubles with every shot. Not to mention the various crashes and bugs, despite the developers claiming there were little to none and that they went through extensive closed testing. There's also a few missing features that were promised (Cooking) that the developers are now backtracking on saying that they never promised that. Oh, and there's proof that a majority of the beta testers were using cheats to try to test out the game, and still couldn't complete it without trouble.

I figure "Oh, well MISERY 2.0 is shit but hey, at least I can play Project Reality!" So I start playing Project Reality, and there's a bug in the game where servers will randomly crash and force all players to CTD every ten to thirty minutes. Fuck.
At first I was thinking "STALKER", but the ending threw me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: August 04, 2013, 12:29:02 am »

MISERY is a STALKER CoP mod. Project Reality is a BF2 mod. Sorry for not making the clarification. I just needed to vent because fuck, some mod makers are shit. Another thing that made me rage is that the MISERY developers had made a half-ass attempt to "license" their game stating that no one can make modifications of it, despite them having stolen assets from Metro 2033 in it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26288 on: August 04, 2013, 07:25:49 am »

so wait

the misery mod

makes the game experience miserable

...what did you expect to receive instead, again?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #26289 on: August 04, 2013, 07:28:24 am »

Walking down street, overheard a young male say about a female walking past to his friend "I would rape her all night long". It took a lot of effort for me to not dump my drink on his head as I walked past. Ashamed that I didn't.

That someone exists who would even say that is abhorrent to me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 07:36:10 am by MorleyDev »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26290 on: August 04, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

so wait

the misery mod

makes the game experience miserable

...what did you expect to receive instead, again?

He thought he would get to play as a Friend of the ABC Cafe, perhaps?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Handy Oppression Edition
« Reply #26291 on: August 04, 2013, 01:17:13 pm »

I'm going to the Art Institute of Seattle, and it's not a good school and a very frustrating place.  Best way to describe it, it costs a LOT in loans, doesn't teach nearly enough, and is often out of date or outright wrong.  Their standards are sky high, but the teaching rarely if ever supports that.  I've sat in on the portfolio reviews of almost every graduation class since I started (people graduate every quarter) and I've rarely seen more than one person graduate (per quarter) who seemed ready to find a job.  The only people who do well are either very talented or have a bachelors in fine arts before they came here.

My neice is planning to go there, Culinary Arts (she likes to bake fancy cupcakes, etc.) and I've heard mostly good things about it, even though it is expensive. What you say could apply to any school really; so many college graduates are unprepared, and school teach out of date stuff (particularly in technology...) do you think AIS is worse than others?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26292 on: August 04, 2013, 01:49:35 pm »

Stuck in Almost-Nowhere, Nevada until tomorrow. I'd call it Nowhere if we didn't pass through half a dozen places that were even more nowhere than this place.

Oh well. At least this place has free wifi unlike 90% of the other places I've been.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26293 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

tor is dead yo

another day, another confirmation that the us has actually declared war on freedom

e: on that note, some strange js injections appeared mysteriously on the network which are claimed to be a zero-day exploit designed to track people but i know jack shit

here's some source code i guess
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:58:09 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26294 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

Of course Tor is dead. He committed suicide after Iji beat some sense into him.
</bad joke>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 3345