Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689338 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Rose-tinted Edition
« Reply #25830 on: July 24, 2013, 07:08:29 am »

Having been born in 1996 I can say we're not all that bad. Unfortunately, some are, and feel free to hate their guts, just don't say we're all that bad. Also unfortunately, the kind of people who are are the kind who think that everyone cares, and are very in your face. Just my little contribution
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25831 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:34 am »

While we're at it, what's the average Bay12games forum user age?

Dunno, somewhere in 20's I guess? The statistics page doesn't show average age...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25832 on: July 24, 2013, 07:17:18 am »

Having been born in 1996 I can say we're not all that bad. Unfortunately, some are, and feel free to hate their guts, just don't say we're all that bad. Also unfortunately, the kind of people who are are the kind who think that everyone cares, and are very in your face. Just my little contribution
I'm not saying you guys are all bad. Let me rephrase what I said - thanks to the shit I went through for the first twenty years of my life when I see someone walking down the street and they happen to look like someone under the age of eighteen my instinctual response is that of fight or flight because when I was a kid I had to deal with some really shitty stuff at the hands of my peers during that time. As a result of this tendency to go into a fight or flight response first my second response is to hate and/or avoid people who trigger that fight or flight response - which includes both people in the 18-35 demographic as well as people under the age of eighteen. I make exceptions when they earn my trust, which is near impossible most of the time outside of an internet situation like this here forum. I am not raging at you or any other member of this forum whatsoever and I apologize if I offended you.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #25833 on: July 24, 2013, 07:21:01 am »

Ah sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at, as I'm far too used to being derided as scum because of when I was born. Sorry if I came over badly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25834 on: July 24, 2013, 07:33:03 am »

Is 'after 1995' defined as after January 1st, 1995, or after December 31st, 1995? :C

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25835 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:33 am »

I know there's about four (Counting me) confirmed 13-15 year olds around here.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25836 on: July 24, 2013, 07:42:18 am »

Ah sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at, as I'm far too used to being derided as scum because of when I was born. Sorry if I came over badly.
I don't think you or anyone else in your generation is scum. If anything I'm afraid of your generation because of what happened during my own, and when I was receiving counseling as a child I was taught that anger is a secondary emotion often born of something else entirely. The anger I feel is born of the fear I have of people that somehow trigger a response related to my PTSD. If anything despite this fear I wish your generation only the best. I'll admit that "lel" is kind of catchy and there is some truth to the words "You only live once." Plus some of your music is pretty damn good, I'll give you that. Hey, have a good rest of your morning or whatever it is you're having right now. I need a shower and perhaps a bit of meditation and visualization to get the memories of that flashback I had earlier last night out of my head.

Is 'after 1995' defined as after January 1st, 1995, or after December 31st, 1995? :C
It's defined more clearly now that I've had a chance to calm down as "individuals under the age of eighteen and not blood-related to me, with exceptions granted to a majority of those on the internet" seeing as I have some cousins that are either still in elementary school and/or just having been born this week and I would love to be a part of their lives and turn them on to good classic retro-gaming and such one of these days. That is, if I can ever find my way to New York or Japan as my family is scattered between here in California and those two locales. I apologize if I offended you as that was not my intention. I was venting about something PTSD-related and I apologize for that rant getting out of hand.

I think my half-Japanese cousin might be about your age. I hope he and my aunt and uncle there are alright as I've been worried about them since the tsunami a few years ago and no one is able to get in touch with them. I'd like to meet them someday.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25837 on: July 24, 2013, 07:51:00 am »

Yeah, me too. I think ShoesAndHats is about that age too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25838 on: July 24, 2013, 07:53:14 am »

Bdthemag too, and I think Slayerhero too. So... five(ish).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25839 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:19 am »

Am I counted in the first four?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25840 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:49 am »

Hey look, I made an age poll v:

So back to rage moments for this thread!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25841 on: July 24, 2013, 10:24:44 am »

My Tourettes is out of control again. I fucking hate it when that happens, though it seems to be happening about five times a week and has been for the past month and a half so I'm kind of used to it by now. I just hope the neighbors don't hear my tics.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25842 on: July 24, 2013, 10:40:41 am »

video's from 2011 but I just found it today so

http://www.saveservices.org/2011/06/video-false-allegations-summit-in-america-do-the-accused-deserve-a-hearing/

the best summary for this is a quote from the video itself...
"in this situation your guilty until proven innocent, and once proven innocent you remain guilty."
Oh wow that is indeed rage-inducing. I feel terribly bad for that guy and all guys in similar situations.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25843 on: July 24, 2013, 11:05:59 am »

Even if you start at one of the ends rather than the centre?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25844 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:34 am »

video's from 2011 but I just found it today so

http://www.saveservices.org/2011/06/video-false-allegations-summit-in-america-do-the-accused-deserve-a-hearing/

the best summary for this is a quote from the video itself...
"in this situation your guilty until proven innocent, and once proven innocent you remain guilty."
Oh wow that is indeed rage-inducing. I feel terribly bad for that guy and all guys in similar situations.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 3345