Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689499 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Rose-tinted Edition
« Reply #25815 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:52 am »

Ethernet cable broke. No internet on my computer until we get a new one, thread the old one out of the hole in the ceiling we drilled so we could have the router upstairs then thread the new one in. Also, fuck the desk my computer's in. We have to fit it into a fairly confined space that blockks literally all of the vents, attracts dust like crazy (moreso than most computer setups, somehow) and forces all of the wires to go through a small hole in the back, not to mention that it has a fucking floor that is just high enough to get shit lost under it and just low enough to make it impossible to get your hand under it. Worst possible time to get into EVE.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25816 on: July 24, 2013, 03:40:36 am »

So I'm sitting in Steam wondering something and I figured, 'why not provoke rage in Bay12 again?' Should I buy Dragon Age 2? I haven't researched it or anything, but I've heard less than stellar things about it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25817 on: July 24, 2013, 03:47:32 am »

So I'm sitting in Steam wondering something and I figured, 'why not provoke rage in Bay12 again?' Should I buy Dragon Age 2? I haven't researched it or anything, but I've heard less than stellar things about it.
If you want a mediocre game that is an example of the last death throes of a dying game developer, then by all means go ahead and buy it. If you played the original game, chances are you'll dislike it. If you haven't played the original game, why are you playing the second game in the series?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25818 on: July 24, 2013, 03:54:18 am »

One question: did DA2 come out before ME3? I can't quite remember.
Sig! Onol

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25819 on: July 24, 2013, 04:14:46 am »

Yes, it did.

And yeah, the game is bland in the worst sense of the world. The constantly re-used areas, the boring unrealised cityscape, the meandering story, how it - by design - reduces your character to one out of three cardboard cutouts, the boring and completely countertactical combat... It's not just a bad RPG, it's a bad game. And it's a shame, too. I really thought the setting and story (allowing the development if the character and city and setting over ten years) had promise. It's so rare we really get to see both the short- and long-term consequences of our actions... But no, they completely botched it.

Conclusion. Unless it's on sale, I wouldn't buy it.
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25820 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:45 am »

Does it continue the tale of the Warden from the first game?
Sig! Onol

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25821 on: July 24, 2013, 04:24:13 am »

Nope, you play Commander Shepard Hawke, a survivor of Lothering. If you import your savegame it'll have minor effects on wide-quests and "guest appearances", but it won't effect the main questline or Hawke's story- or character-arc in any way.
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25822 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:15 am »

FFFFFFFFFFF-
I'm out. They don't even have a continuation thing to appeal to my OCD that would compel me to complete the game because completionism? Meh.
Sig! Onol

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25823 on: July 24, 2013, 04:28:19 am »

Disciples 3.

I like this game. I WANT to like this game.

But my god, the voice acting... Got so bad I had to turn it off.

And the difficulty curve. Yes, I AM playing it on hard, but it's the first fucking mission and you're sending guys who can kill me in two rounds? Like, seriously. I should not be facing tier 2-3 units in the first fucking fight with the elves. It's not like I can level up around here! They come to YOU!

bluh bluh
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25824 on: July 24, 2013, 05:06:10 am »

Stupid Youtube got borked for me so all the subttiltes gets hid by the time bar and 'what to watch next' is all the way down under the comments. I can't watch any subtitled movie that way >:C
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #25825 on: July 24, 2013, 06:19:58 am »

video's from 2011 but I just found it today so

http://www.saveservices.org/2011/06/video-false-allegations-summit-in-america-do-the-accused-deserve-a-hearing/

the best summary for this is a quote from the video itself...
"in this situation your guilty until proven innocent, and once proven innocent you remain guilty."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25826 on: July 24, 2013, 06:41:07 am »

Disciples 3.

I like this game. I WANT to like this game.

But my god, the voice acting... Got so bad I had to turn it off.

And the difficulty curve. Yes, I AM playing it on hard, but it's the first fucking mission and you're sending guys who can kill me in two rounds? Like, seriously. I should not be facing tier 2-3 units in the first fucking fight with the elves. It's not like I can level up around here! They come to YOU!

bluh bluh

What.

I am also playing the first mission. I just got a guardian node. No idea what it is because fuck tutorials but still, sounded kinda cool. The next turn the Elves attack (why the fuck am I at war with Elves? The story would be so much clearer if there was a better narrator, because right now I just skip everything as soon as I hear his stupid voice) but instead of attacking my dude, who just fought a gazillion battles so is at like 5% XP to the next level (srsly...), they attack the guardian node.

My guardian kills all his dude in a few hits. Like, what, why even give me an army if free stuff on the map can easily kill the entire enemy army. This is just silly. Even worse, the next turn I accidentally attacked one of their nodes, (tI didn't tell me what I was attacking, so I just figured it was some Goblin or something) and it was summoning elementals. Those elementals are stronger than any unit in my army and it summons one every single turn.

What retard designed this game? >.>
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:44:14 am by Dutchling »

Snateraar

• Bay Watcher
  • [INORGANIC:BIRD_CRAZY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25827 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42:10 am »

It's incredibly hot over here at the moment, and every damn thunderstorm passes over my house and pours out it's water a few miles away. And NEVER on my house. >:C
Urist McSnate likes malachite, copper bars, birds and goblinite for its abundance. When possible, he prefers to consume tea and toast. He absolutely detests elves.

A tall, clumsy creature fond of birds and industry.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Star Bores Edition
« Reply #25828 on: July 24, 2013, 07:02:16 am »

[EXPUNGED]
Nenjin sells the Mad Malkavian on Everquest and unintentionally manages to convince him to purchase a Silver Account in the near future.

Please read the following.

This post has been expunged. Reason: The author of said post misdirected their anger at Everquest when it should have been directed at the high school brat who was leading the author around and treating them with a condescending attitude that makes the author want to kill all who dare utter the words "YOLO" or "swag". Put simply the author is unable to tolerate anyone born after 1995 that he is not blood-related to due to reasons stemming from their own background. Addendum: Nenjin has further sold the author of this expunged post on Everquest.

I've now realized that the one thing that gets me to ragequit online games the most would be people born after 1995 that I am not blood-related to being flighty, flaky, condescending or just goddamn annoying. Generation Y and Generation Z are going to be the death of me one of these days. If Father Time or Mother Nature doesn't take me first it's going to be some youngling that spouts "YOLO", "SWAG" and/or "LEL" somehow giving me an aneurysm or driving me into overdosing on comfort food and caffeine.

I don't mean to be inflammatory but while I hate people I especially hate people born after 1995 that I am not blood related to. They are second to a large quantity of both the male and female 18-35 demographics outside of those I interact with on the internet. Those assholes are the main reason why I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and cannot have a normal relationship under most circumstances.

I am in no means raging at anyone here. In fact I want to thank Nenjin from the bottom of my heart for selling me on Everquest even more than the past six hours I spent in-game did. Online people I am more willing to be around because at the very least I don't have to worry about any of you beating me into a fucking pulp and/or sexually assaulting me because I'll never meet most of you in an offline situation. Unlike when I'm around most people my own age I feel somewhat safe here and can thus vent like this, and for that I thank you.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Snateraar

• Bay Watcher
  • [INORGANIC:BIRD_CRAZY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Star Bores Edition
« Reply #25829 on: July 24, 2013, 07:05:32 am »

-snip-
I am in no means raging at anyone here. In fact I want to thank Nenjin from the bottom of my heart for selling me on Everquest even more than the past six hours I spent in-game did. Online people I am more willing to be around because at the very least I don't have to worry about any of you beating me into a fucking pulp and/or sexually assaulting me because I'll never meet most of you in an offline situation. Unlike when I'm around most people my own age I feel somewhat safe here and can thus vent like this, and for that I thank you.

While we're at it, what's the average Bay12games forum user age?
Urist McSnate likes malachite, copper bars, birds and goblinite for its abundance. When possible, he prefers to consume tea and toast. He absolutely detests elves.

A tall, clumsy creature fond of birds and industry.
Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 3345