Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697799 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25200 on: July 05, 2013, 05:58:30 pm »

Wait is this a game or RL? If RL, expect to lose at least an appendage.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25201 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »

Trying to refill data plan on my phone.  Internet site affiliated with company says I don't have a phone with them.  Email confirmed I have a plan with them but told me to talk to customer service on the phone.  Customer service line won't give me a real person unless I give them a phone number affiliated with their company.

Called the wireless fraud line for California.  They redirected me to the home phone division of the wrong company, who redirected me to a guy speaking Spanish for... the wrong company.

I'm pretty frustrated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25202 on: July 05, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

I do not think that anyone on here has the wealth to give out a bunch of pigs to someone over the internet.
Oh, looking after the pigs was the good deed. Not the prize.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:09:17 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: July 05, 2013, 06:45:47 pm »

So i found out my brother went through the router and nuked all of my port forwards so he can setup starcraftONE, couldn't access my computer from work and couldnt grab my files and get outside our firewall.

Pissed with a side of bloodlust.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25204 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »

I do not think that anyone on here has the wealth to give out a bunch of pigs to someone over the internet.
Yeah, it's the good deed. Though it might as well be a game considering Operation Shake 'n' Bait was basically half an hour of trying to kite animals in a brown field followed by a search for a unique weapon (the Pig Plank) to try and make the quest easier. I've called in reinforcements.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »

Yeah, it's the good deed. Though it might as well be a game considering Operation Shake 'n' Bait was basically half an hour of trying to kite animals in a brown field followed by a search for a unique weapon (the Pig Plank) to try and make the quest easier. I've called in reinforcements.
And that's why you have the local 4-H kids help you train your pigs. My neighbor's will run back to their pens with a simple "Get Home!" and swats on the rump to keep 'em moving.

Pig planks aren't really useful in open spaces unless you have multiple herders. Actually, in open space with multiple poorly trained pigs you need multiple herders anyway. The planks are pretty much to make you wider without leaving a hole between your knees. Also to protect your legs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:58 pm »

How can one not have a right to judge some(one/thing)? 

You can make poor judgments, and other people can make judgments about your poor judgments.  But everyone always has the right to do so.

>.>
I don't feel like I have a right to judge anyone, because everyone is their own individual and has been through different things. To assume you know what they're like on the inside is foolish and shallow. That lady might be a SUPER AWESOME person, donating to charity and taking care of starving babies, and I wouldn't know, having judged her based on a ten minute interview that she happened to act like a colossal bitch during. I've acted like a blisteringly stupid, asinine fuckwit for more than ten minutes at a time in my life, on more than one occasion, and I'd hate to be judged based solely on that. So I don't judge people based on tiny parts of their lives. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25207 on: July 05, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »

Trying to refill data plan on my phone.  Internet site affiliated with company says I don't have a phone with them.  Email confirmed I have a plan with them but told me to talk to customer service on the phone.  Customer service line won't give me a real person unless I give them a phone number affiliated with their company.

Called the wireless fraud line for California.  They redirected me to the home phone division of the wrong company, who redirected me to a guy speaking Spanish for... the wrong company.

I'm pretty frustrated.

Finally fixed it after another 2 hours of work, but they had to give me a new phone number.  Glad it's over with.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:41 pm »

How can one not have a right to judge some(one/thing)? 

You can make poor judgments, and other people can make judgments about your poor judgments.  But everyone always has the right to do so.

>.>
I don't feel like I have a right to judge anyone, because everyone is their own individual and has been through different things. To assume you know what they're like on the inside is foolish and shallow. That lady might be a SUPER AWESOME person, donating to charity and taking care of starving babies, and I wouldn't know, having judged her based on a ten minute interview that she happened to act like a colossal bitch during. I've acted like a blisteringly stupid, asinine fuckwit for more than ten minutes at a time in my life, on more than one occasion, and I'd hate to be judged based solely on that. So I don't judge people based on tiny parts of their lives. >.>
That said, Fred Phelps is always a handy punching bag when you need one.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25209 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »

Wat?  What's wrong with Fred Phelps?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: July 05, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »

The guy who protests children's funerals, saying that they deserved to die because gay people exist? Plenty of things.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: July 05, 2013, 10:17:06 pm »

Wat?  What's wrong with Fred Phelps?
He's the head of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: July 05, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »

I was thinking about Michael Phelps.  Carry on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: July 05, 2013, 10:25:43 pm »

A person's entire character perception shouldn't be based on singular episodes of shallow judgment.  The behavior still deserves to be shamed, and if it's consistent, I think it's fair that the person opens themselves up to be judged as harshly as they judge others.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25214 on: July 05, 2013, 11:00:18 pm »

There's a difference between judgments of condemnation and judgments of preservation. The former is bigoted, any form of -ism or unwarranted hate, and the latter is survival, where you judge that someone could be a threat to you or someone else in some form. Just don't mix the two up and you'll be fine.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 3345