Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697785 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25185 on: July 05, 2013, 07:39:16 am »

Well, I figured out why my milk has been going bad early recently.  The fridge is scarcely below room temperature this morning.  The freezer is still working and I can hear its fan running, so I haven't got a clue what's wrong with it.

I just had another maintenance issue I reported, but I guess I'll be reporting another now.  And I get to have fun figuring out what food can still be trusted.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25186 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:40 am »

RAAAEEEEG
Today, Korea Electricity Works closed two additional nuclear reactors down, bringing the totalnumber of closed facilities to 9 out of 23. That represents a loss of around 30% of the entire nation's baseline power supply. The reason they were closed is because the nuclear power plant part embezzlement saga continues. Earlier this year, eleven or so reactors were temporarily shut down, too, because evidence of foul play was discovered. Politicians and executives involved with the safety guideline certification for parts decided to falsify parts that weren't up to scratch and earned billions of won off of it. So far, everything from high voltage lines and radiation detectors to hydrogen removers (the ones that caused Fukushima to explode when the power went out) were falsified and supplied to power plants around the country. The reactors were turned off and cooled down while new parts are produced, tested, and fitted.

Point? People are so. Goddamn. Greedy. And stupid.
Why on earth did they have to do that to nuclear plants of all places? ._.
also, they're to blame for schools being stingy on A/C: S.Korea is facing an electricity deficit. When high summer hits and people start turning on A/C more, rolling blackouts are forecast due to the grid being unable to keep up with the demand.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25187 on: July 05, 2013, 10:42:38 am »

Sampoong all over again?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25188 on: July 05, 2013, 11:10:25 am »

On Wednesday morning, my sister comes home at 2:00AM, which wakes me up. After making some noise and probably fiddling with her phone, she lights up a joint, right there in the room. I'm gagging on the smoke so much I have to leave the room and wait an hour until the smell clears. I don't fall asleep for the entire rest of the morning, and having an extremely difficult day because. This caps off about a week or so of having trouble sleeping because of her. Fortunately, my parents talked to her about that, and since then, she's been being far more quiet when she comes in during the wee early hours of the morning. I'm still waking up at 2:00AM, but that might be my sleep cycle being screwed up, and it's been getting better.

Wednesday night, while my parents were out at a wake, one of their friends shows up at 9:00PM as I'm trying to get ready to go to bed(being dead goddamn tired). This friend often comes at late hours, and also never ever shuts the hell up once she starts talking. Fortunately, she left, but not before I caught a lungful of her cigarette smoke while trying to control my dogs(she decided to stupidly open the outer door, letting them out and jump all over her), and I've been coughing since. Who else thinks that showing up at someone's house with a cigarette is highly inconsiderate, time of day notwithstanding? To me, it looks just as bad as if you were visiting someone while eating a hamburger, or knocking down a beer while already drunk. I know it's important to be a gracious host, but there is a such thing as being a gracious guest.

And finally, rage for today. I think I broke the USB connector for my joystick. And shocked myself when trying to fix it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25189 on: July 05, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »

What in the everloving fuck. I watched this whole video, and the entire time, I was thinking, "You are a snobby, evil fucking bigoted bitch who has no right to judge people." Then I realized I was judging her, and now I'm going to say instead, "I sincerely, deeply disagree with her position on this matter."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25190 on: July 05, 2013, 02:34:12 pm »

Indeed, but to handle this properly you just come to terms that there are shit opinions and that even good people can have them, and this opinion is of such fine shitmanship that it is sparkling with little turd stars.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25191 on: July 05, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »

What in the everloving fuck. I watched this whole video, and the entire time, I was thinking, "You are a snobby, evil fucking bigoted bitch who has no right to judge people." Then I realized I was judging her, and now I'm going to say instead, "I sincerely, deeply disagree with her position on this matter."
It's perfectly fine to judge people as something when they actually are that something. In this case, evil and bigoted.

The difference between you and her is she was judging people based on arbitrary criteria that didn't actually match up to her conclusions about them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25192 on: July 05, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »

"I am a snooty bitch therefore everyone is a snooty bitch".
She is one of the types of people who I would not want to be associated with. Ironically, her behaviour is more likely to have parents not to want their children going over to her house.

EDIT: Just remembered what the video reminded me of. I actually would have thought that it was a joke were it not the news.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:42:20 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25193 on: July 05, 2013, 03:55:18 pm »

How can one not have a right to judge some(one/thing)? 

You can make poor judgments, and other people can make judgments about your poor judgments.  But everyone always has the right to do so. 

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25194 on: July 05, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

No-one is saying that she doesn't have a right to judge. Just that what she judges makes her a bad person.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25195 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:31 pm »

Sampoong all over again?
OK, this led me to a rather strange thought process. I misread that as "Shampooing all over again?", which for some reason immediately reminded me of that episode of Pinky and the Brain, where their diabolical plan is to add the word 'forever' at the end of the instructions on shampoo bottles. (lather, rinse, repeat forever.) I believe that plan backfired because eventually everyone ran out and had to go get more.

Anyway, I'm raging at myself for not being able to come out to my best friend of 13 years. Why can't I do it? It's not like he won't accept me...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25196 on: July 05, 2013, 04:58:59 pm »

Anyway, I'm raging at myself for not being able to come out to my best friend of 13 years. Why can't I do it? It's not like he won't accept me...
Is it important? I mean, you wouldn't exactly blurt out how heterosexual you are. This sort of thing shouldn't factor into a friendship, least of all one that's stood through a decade and then some of years.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25197 on: July 05, 2013, 05:29:34 pm »

Is it important? I mean, you wouldn't exactly blurt out how heterosexual you are. This sort of thing shouldn't factor into a friendship, least of all one that's stood through a decade and then some of years.
Wrong kind of coming out. I'm trans, not gay.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25198 on: July 05, 2013, 05:30:48 pm »

Yeah, that's the kind of thing you'll eventually to tell them. They'll... notice, eventually.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25199 on: July 05, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »

Two of the seven adult pigs I'm caring for (thanks to Anvilfolk's Better World Giveaway) have flash stepped out of their seemingly secure yard. This would be a simple matter of baiting them into an empty yard if they hadn't nudged their way into the piglet's yard. I would just climb the fence and herd them out but one of them is a boar with sharp tusks in its eating hole and I was told it was a good idea to feed the adults by throwing the food over the fence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wish me luck...
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 3345