Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698480 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25140 on: July 04, 2013, 02:44:25 am »

Well, unless the national government was involved you can probably blame the state government and court system for freaking out and acting absolutely fucking ridiculous as an aftermath of the multiple school shootings.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25141 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:22 am »

But - but 500,000 dollar bail!
Joke!
FACEBOOK!
ONLINE FACEBOOK JOKE!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25142 on: July 04, 2013, 02:53:28 am »

"To which [Justin] replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were 'lol and jk' [all sic]."

... Terrorist threat? Seriously?

WHO IS THAT STUPID AND/OR IMMORAL
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25143 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:48 am »

Well in addition to the League of Legends chat, he also post "I think Ima shoot up a kindergarten / And watch the blood of the innocent rain down/ And eat the beating heart of one of them." to Facebook. For one thing it was in horribly poor taste and way too soon after Sandy Hook, and for another thing, that isn't exactly something you should be posting on Facebook. Should he be jailed for 10 years for it? No. Should his bail be that goddamn high? Of course not. I think the initial reaction was justified, but they should really let the kid go. It's clear he wasn't serious, nor does he have a plan or means of enacting said nonexistent plan.
In highschool I once said to a counselor that "if I stay in that class any longer I feel like I'm gonna kill somebody". They let me off with a week of suspension when they found out that I didn't have a specific target or any kind of plan. It was only the only way I could have transferred out of that damn class.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25144 on: July 04, 2013, 03:06:02 am »

I'm not saying it was okay for him to go to jail, because it's not. It was a simple joke, and he has a right to be offensive even if it was in bad taste. I'm just saying, this isn't an issue particularly relating to the nation government so you automatically assume that America is absolutely horrible. It's only shitty, not terrible.

But yeah, court systems vary state by state, and we honestly need to reform many parts of our court systems on a national and state level. This won't happen anytime soon because "MY STATE FREEDOMS" so stuff like this probably won't change drastically in the future.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25145 on: July 04, 2013, 03:16:08 am »

I'm not saying it was okay for him to go to jail, because it's not. It was a simple joke, and he has a right to be offensive even if it was in bad taste.
I just think that what's done is done and the kid needs to be let go now. He's learned his lesson ten times over and wants to kill himself. I don't see him getting in any trouble with the law any time in the near future. Or far future for that matter. I'm not saying jailing him was the right thing to do, nor am I saying that it was the wrong thing to do, but he obviously regrets saying what he did and has no intention of hurting anyone, so I don't know why they're still pressing charges.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25146 on: July 04, 2013, 03:16:47 am »

You'd think they would back off from horrendously stupid cases like this when millions of people are raging about how stupid it is.

Personally, I don't think anything should be done to a person just because they say something vaguely violent in nature.  If there's decent enough reason to believe the person is actually going to act on their words, then that's what our overwhelming surveillance infrastructure is supposedly for, right?  Put them under some kind of watch.  I know they're perfectly capable of knowing what a person of interest is up to most of the time, and they can be caught in preparation for the act.  I know perfectly nice people who say things like this all the time, because they simply find humor in audacious statements.  Arresting and charging someone for that is basically thought crime.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25148 on: July 04, 2013, 03:27:27 am »

No one gives Yog-Slothoth the love he deserves.

Also I don't think you should be sacrificing things to Yog da_Nang... assuming that is Yog, I guess it could be Nythotep.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25149 on: July 04, 2013, 03:34:03 am »

What in the shit fuck-fucker fucking fucker fuck, America.

I mean, really.

GGDGFHDGHFEFAGSGSFFSVSCAAAAAAAA
That's crazy. A few months ago a student at a local school here made some comments on facebook and to co-students that he was gonna run amok. Someone told a teacher, they evacuated the school and police arrested him and searched the boy's home. Police then determined that he had just said something stupid and had no intent of really doing anything. It was a bit of a big story because of the evacuation. Legal consequences for the boy? None. At all.

(Maybe I should add that in Germany it is a lot easier to determine whether a 15 year old has access to a gun, compared to the US, but there have been shootings in schools, so it was taken seriously.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:50:55 am by XXSockXX »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25150 on: July 04, 2013, 11:21:36 am »

About all that talking of "being 21 to get drunk", it's really weird how Americans can have all the ingredients for a drive-by (Own a gun, can drive a car) legally at 18, yet they can't do it while drunk.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25151 on: July 04, 2013, 11:49:42 am »

Not a pistol, thank god. I'd be forced to use something bigger instead.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25152 on: July 04, 2013, 11:55:03 am »

In most states (All?) you can't own a hand gun unless you're 21.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25153 on: July 04, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »

Oh God, I'll have to get my mates to crash the car into a senator's motorcade as a distraction then pick off the survivors with a hunting rifle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25154 on: July 04, 2013, 01:20:40 pm »

So many watch lists. Just so many.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 3345