Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698427 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25125 on: July 03, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »

At 18, not being able to hang out at bars with my friends was completely understandable. At 19, it was annoying. At 20, it just pisses me off.

They're not going to a bar anymore, though. So at least that's working out in my favor.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25126 on: July 03, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »

Tired of being surrounded by judgmental people, who can't help but obsess over details of other's behavior that have nothing to do with them.

I expected this to get better as I got older, too.  You'd think that as most people's lives go on, they'd be exposed to more ideas and thus grow more understanding.  It seems to be exactly the opposite.  It feels like at least a third of the people my age or older that I interact with on a daily basis are anti-social bitter misanthropists who can't stand to be around more than a select handful of people, just because they can't handle the fact that most don't conform to their exact expectations.  I don't get how people can be this way.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:08:16 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25127 on: July 03, 2013, 10:07:45 pm »

Tired of being surrounded by judgmental people, who can't help but obsess over details of other's behavior that have nothing to do with them.
Why are you always so angry at the world? [/intentionallymakingitworse]
At 18, not being able to hang out at bars with my friends was completely understandable. At 19, it was annoying. At 20, it just pisses me off.
On the flip side, I pretty much gave up on socialization at my college because of how much the culture there uses alcohol as a crutch. A dangerously illegal crutch, no less.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25128 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38:22 am »

I came out of the closet to my mother, and good god.  My mother is an absolute homophobe, and I thought she'd be understanding 'cause she's a liberal.  We've now the reached the point where my parents assert that since I live under their roof, I have to conform to the rules in every shape and form.  That includes my sexuality.  Yes, my parents are going to assert control over me, a 26 year old man, because I live with them and I'm still going to school.

My mom even got upset when I said I met my boyfriend on a dating site 'cause she's utterly paranoid of the internet.  I can't even figure out what to tell and what to not tell my parents anymore.  It's like they grew up under a paranoid rock or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25129 on: July 04, 2013, 01:41:18 am »

My mom even got upset when I said I met my boyfriend on a dating site 'cause she's utterly paranoid of the internet.

In all fairness... I wouldn't be comfortable hearing that either.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25130 on: July 04, 2013, 01:42:32 am »

He's 26 though... not really still applicable to the same level of paranoia a, say 15 year old would be.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25131 on: July 04, 2013, 01:44:07 am »

He's 26 though... not really still applicable to the same level of paranoia a, say 15 year old would be.

I just don't trust dating sites in general.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25132 on: July 04, 2013, 01:44:37 am »

My mom even got upset when I said I met my boyfriend on a dating site 'cause she's utterly paranoid of the internet.  I can't even figure out what to tell and what to not tell my parents anymore.  It's like they grew up under a paranoid rock or something.
Euld your boyfriend is a malware.

Euld why did you break the computer with your hacker boyfriend, god damn it. Put my toolbars back on there now Euld.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25133 on: July 04, 2013, 01:45:08 am »

I just don't trust dating sites in general.
I've had better luck meeting non-crazy folk on dating sites than in real life.
* GlyphGryph shudders.
Probably better than at a club or something.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25134 on: July 04, 2013, 01:52:18 am »

so i managed to sleep for a few hours in this hellish heat and what wakes me up is DORA THE EXPLORER AT FULL BLAST

someone here is purposefully fucking with me and i'm well aware who. good call on leaving yesterday evening, though.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25135 on: July 04, 2013, 01:59:04 am »

so i managed to sleep for a few hours in this hellish heat and what wakes me up is DORA THE EXPLORER AT FULL BLAST

someone here is purposefully fucking with me and i'm well aware who. good call on leaving yesterday evening, though.
Dammit Dora maybe he doesn't want to help you find your shit. Do it on your own.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25136 on: July 04, 2013, 02:01:14 am »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: saccharineness saps your wizard powers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25137 on: July 04, 2013, 02:20:21 am »

xantie the next time you forget to mention something this relevant i'm personally picking the most annoying sacrifice possible and sending it straight to you with the appropriate guidance you know i can do it

and you know that i /will/ include at least one pickup artist perverted and insane enough to want to bed your numerous tentacles

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25138 on: July 04, 2013, 02:26:39 am »

xantie the next time you forget to mention something this relevant i'm personally picking the most annoying sacrifice possible and sending it straight to you with the appropriate guidance you know i can do it

and you know that i /will/ include at least one pickup artist perverted and insane enough to want to bed your numerous tentacles
I can vanish them. I've been around the sponsoring a wizard block a couple times.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:43:40 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 3345