Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700051 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #24975 on: June 26, 2013, 04:46:53 am »

I've been up since 2:00AM because my sister was doing something. I don't know what, but it required her to leave half the lights in the house on, keeping me awake. Something with her hair some stupid shit. And then she has the nerve to complain to me that she's tired.

Seriously? And whenever I have a legitimate fucking complaint, I'm called selfish or similar.

The thing that the US Supreme Court did with the Voter's Rights Act.
This too.
Welp, soon the definition of "democracy" will be changed as a Constitional amendment saying that only a select number of rich, white men can vote.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24976 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:17 am »

Don't be silly, rich black/hispanic/(other minority) men will be able to vote as well.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #24977 on: June 26, 2013, 06:13:08 am »

I got banned from Boingboing.
* GlyphGryph rages.

And this is why I am so opposed to Mods also being active posters - because if you disagree with them the way you would with another user, you get the hammer. Fuck you, Antinous, you self-serving fucktard.
I dare say that's mostly because the mod in question is a dick, i know some people who are mods and who are also pretty awesome chaps. I suppose they don't really post as much as regular users, though, at least not on the forums. Kind of fascinating what power does to some people, and also kind of disheartening. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24978 on: June 26, 2013, 08:19:08 am »

I believe quite strongly that being a mod is like being a judge. You should not get personally involved in the cases you are judging. Regardless, the worst part is he's one of those mods that don't actually tell you that you were banned, or why - they just delete all your posts and put up a warning "you no longer have permission to..." whenever you try to do something.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: June 26, 2013, 08:59:37 am »

I've been up since 2:00AM because my sister was doing something. I don't know what, but it required her to leave half the lights in the house on, keeping me awake. Something with her hair some stupid shit. And then she has the nerve to complain to me that she's tired.

Seriously? And whenever I have a legitimate fucking complaint, I'm called selfish or similar.
Clearly you need to tamper with her hair care products in some way. 

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

The thing that the US Supreme Court did with the Voter's Rights Act.
This too.
Welp, soon the definition of "democracy" will be changed as a Constitional amendment saying that only a select number of rich, white men can vote.
[/quote]
Slippery slope fallacy, oh how I love thee...
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: June 26, 2013, 11:44:41 am »

I believe quite strongly that being a mod is like being a judge. You should not get personally involved in the cases you are judging. Regardless, the worst part is he's one of those mods that don't actually tell you that you were banned, or why - they just delete all your posts and put up a warning "you no longer have permission to..." whenever you try to do something.
I used to be a mod on a forum where there were about 10-15 mods in a population of fifty active and roughly twice that many partially active posters. It was overkill, but the head administrator made sure that we all had varied opinions. We were all accountable for our activity and our actions, and we had to justify each of our decisions. It let us continue being active participants without letting things get out of hand like that.

It was fun when we were between massive moderator-related drama sessions. Those varied opinions came in handy in regards to accountability, but not so much when it came to keeping things from exploding behind the scenes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:36 pm »

While you're angry, what's the respect cap for Game Developers, which i think you are? I know mine is clearly defined and, no more offense then would be expected intended, not enormously high, but i was wondering how you encountered this, particularly in comparison to many equal or worse professions.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: June 26, 2013, 12:44:49 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what you are asking, sorry. :/

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: June 26, 2013, 12:46:27 pm »

Do people tend to not respect you for being a games developer? I know i have a not particularly high capping point for it. How does it compare to equal or worse (in terms of usefulness, morality, etc.) professions? Also, was it the bluntness or the sentence structure that threw you off?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:48:33 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: June 26, 2013, 12:50:07 pm »

I.... don't know? I'm not sure what you mean by "capping point", and I don't really spend much time thinking about worrying over whether people respect me and to what degree. It's also not my profession, it's a hobby. I don't think a person's profession should be relevant to the amount of respect they receive anyway - that should be relative to their strength of character, abilities, knowledge, and experience, (in that order) insofar as it should be based on anything.

What a person does to make money isn't exactly a defining feature of who they are in my mind, and I'd reserve respect limitations for defining features. I suppose some professions might be indicative of poor character, but I don't think Game Developer would be one of those for most people.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:53:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24986 on: June 26, 2013, 12:54:06 pm »

Also, was it the bluntness or the sentence structure that threw you off?

While you're angry, what's the respect cap for Game Developers, which i think you are?
The question part of the question supposes a word that has very little meaning in itself. Naturally, this should mean that this term needs to be explained in the rest of the post ...

I know mine is clearly defined and, no more offense then would be expected intended, not enormously high, but i was wondering how you encountered this, particularly in comparison to many equal or worse professions.
And then it is not explained whatsoever, and is in fact obscured by a complete word salad.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: June 26, 2013, 12:59:36 pm »

Yeah, I think Willfor got it. The words, especially in the last half, just... don't seem to make any sense in the order they are in. I honestly have no idea what the sentence is supposed to mean. I certainly wouldn't call it blunt, though - blunt, to me, implies a certain level of straightforwardness which does not seem to be present in any amount in the original question.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24988 on: June 26, 2013, 01:06:17 pm »

I.... don't know? I'm not sure what you mean by "capping point", and I don't really spend much time thinking about worrying over whether people respect me and to what degree. It's also not my profession, it's a hobby. I don't think a person's profession should be relevant to the amount of respect they receive anyway - that should be relative to their strength of character, abilities, knowledge, and experience, (in that order) insofar as it should be based on anything.

What a person does to make money isn't exactly a defining feature of who they are in my mind, and I'd reserve respect limitations for defining features. I suppose some professions might be indicative of poor character, but I don't think Game Developer would be one of those for most people.

Oh i didn't say it was. It simply didn't strike me as inducive to particularly brilliant character. Thanks for the notes on sentence structure. I could have said, "do people respect the profession of game developer? I don't, but i was wondering nevertheless. How does it compare to what you would gauge to be equally useful professions?", but i didn't want accusations of trolling, so as usual i soaked it in qualifiers. I wouldn't have thought "respect" was an particularly ambiguous term, however. Please, if you do have any thoughts on perceptions of the profession, share.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:09:20 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: June 26, 2013, 01:37:13 pm »

I'm just going to go with "I have no relevant thoughts on the issue you want to discuss." Although there are still large chunks of that I'm not quite sure I understand, I think that's the correct answer. I also don't know what that has to do with this thread, so hopefully we can now return to raging.
Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 3345