Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699473 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #25005 on: June 26, 2013, 06:42:40 pm »

And now my mom has announced she's taking me to get a hair cut. So, I don't get a say in how I keep my hair, either? At this point I'm just going to rip it all out with my hands, I'm that pissed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25006 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:27 pm »

And now my mom has announced she's taking me to get a hair cut. So, I don't get a say in how I keep my hair, either? At this point I'm just going to rip it all out with my hands, I'm that pissed.
Do eet!  :P
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25007 on: June 27, 2013, 04:46:10 am »

Argh, another night of poor sleep. Just what the hell is my sister doing that she has to spend all night doing it with a bright light on, which makes an already unbearably hot room worse and makes it impossible to sleep? After my mom came in and told her take it elsewhere, she finally did, but even then I had trouble getting to sleep and had to strain myself to stay asleep.

Do eet!  :P
I really don't think a joke about me ripping out what's left of my already rapidly thinning hair in a blind rage is particularly funny.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25008 on: June 27, 2013, 04:47:01 am »

I think the :P was for sarcasm.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25009 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:54 am »

If you could create your own domain, that might do the trick. Don't ask me what's involved with that, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25010 on: June 27, 2013, 08:22:20 am »

My roommate has been pissing me off recently. For some reason he thinks how I do certain things is very wrong and either teases me about it or tells other people so they can tease me about it together.

Say smoking, he doesn't smoke, don't think he ever did, yet he says with all the certainty in the world that I'm doing it wrong because I don't hold it in longer.What the actual fuck man, just because you had two cigarettes in your life doesn't mean you know all about fucking smoking and that there is only the one truetm way to smoke.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25011 on: June 27, 2013, 09:30:30 am »

It's just a first world problem but there's too much salt in my garlic salt and it ruined my damn toast. I don't like salty things unless if it's popcorn or potato chips and it kind of annoys me that good garlic powder isn't easily affordable. On the bright side at least the garlic salt was free.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25012 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:45 am »

It's just a first world problem but there's too much salt in my garlic salt and it ruined my damn toast. I don't like salty things unless if it's popcorn or potato chips and it kind of annoys me that good garlic powder isn't easily affordable. On the bright side at least the garlic salt was free.
Why don't you use fresh garlic instead?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25013 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:39 am »

My freaking body.

Out doing an implementation for a new customer, first one I've really been in charge of myself. Walking back and forth through a scrap yard in about 100 degree heat.

Right around lunch I start getting a headache and take some ibprofen. Then 10 minutes later lunch arrives. I'm pouring sweat even though I've been in an office with AC for the last 30 minutes. The owner is there asking me questions, and as I take a bite of my sandwich my stomach starts doing back flips. I try to stay focused but my head is swimming and my stomach is having a riot. Finally, worried I'm about to toss my cookies in his office, I bail back to the hotel and go into a healing coma. Wake up a few hours later when he calls and I do some stuff for him remotely.

Dude was super gracious and understanding, as are my bosses. But damnit, I really hate my constitution score. Everyone feels like shit sometimes, but I seem unable to fight through it, and the more I try to maintain, the worse it gets.

After years if ruining meals with garlic salt, I'll only use garlic powder or fresh garlic. Garlic salt is just way, way too overpowering, even in small doses.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:53:49 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25014 on: June 27, 2013, 01:24:46 pm »

FFS, it just keeps coming for me at the moment.

Hot water and heating boiler went boom this morning. A 3 inch rubber hose used to turn a corner carrying cold water to the heating element burst, doing fucking loads of damage to sensors and electronics the inside. This is going to cost a small fortune to sort out, leaving me with no hot water or heating for a few days.
This is a blank sig.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25015 on: June 27, 2013, 02:13:43 pm »

My freaking body.

Out doing an implementation for a new customer, first one I've really been in charge of myself. Walking back and forth through a scrap yard in about 100 degree heat.

Right around lunch I start getting a headache and take some ibprofen. Then 10 minutes later lunch arrives. I'm pouring sweat even though I've been in an office with AC for the last 30 minutes. The owner is there asking me questions, and as I take a bite of my sandwich. My stomach starts doing back flips. I try to stay focused but my head is swimming and my stomach is having a riot. Finally, worried I'm about to toss my cookies in his office, I bail back to the hotel and go into a healing coma. Wake up a few hours later when he calls and I do some stuff for him remotely.

Dude was super gracious and understanding, as are my bosses. But damnit, I really hate my constitution score. Everyone feels like shit sometimes, but I seem unable to fight through it, and the more I try to maintain, the worse it gets.

When I do manual labor in high heat, I get really nauseous, I start getting chills, the blood drains from my face, and then I lose consciousness. My core temperature is just too high for working in really warm weather, and it's like my entire body shuts down to prevent overheating. And when I start to get anxious or frustrated about it, it kicks up my heart-rate, which only adds to the problem.

We all have physical limits we have to be aware of. You can still try to work on them; I'm trying to improve my general fitness, so my body doesn't have to work as hard to do the same amount of labor, in hopes that it helps. You should also do your best to forgive it too.

After years if ruining meals with garlic salt, I'll only use garlic powder or fresh garlic. Garlic salt is just way, way too overpowering, even in small doses.

How to make an easy garlic sauce for your foodstuffs, without a crapton of salt:

Step 1: Peel the outer skins off of a garlic bulb, and brush it with olive oil.
Step 2: Wrap it in aluminum foil, and bake it on medium heat for a short while until well-roasted
Step 3: Remove from oven, separate into cloves, and squeeze roasted garlic out of cloves and onto crackers, bread, whatever.

It is amazing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25016 on: June 27, 2013, 03:04:25 pm »

Now that you mention it, I do have a pretty high core temp a lot of the time. At least, girlfriends have mentioned it before. (Typically right before they plant their icy, vampiric feet next to me.)

I'm not in great shape, but I'm not in terrible shape either. And after doing multiple auctions in a truck at 100 degrees or more, the whole day, I'm surprised this brought me so low.

How to make an easy garlic sauce for your foodstuffs, without a crapton of salt:

Step 1: Peel the outer skins off of a garlic bulb, and brush it with olive oil.
Step 2: Wrap it in aluminum foil, and bake it on medium heat for a short while until well-roasted
Step 3: Remove from oven, separate into cloves, and squeeze roasted garlic out of cloves and onto crackers, bread, whatever.

Yeah, my bro has been doing this for years as an app for family dinners.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:07:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25017 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

Apparently, I need to make it very clear to my ex-wife's boyfriend that his opinion means jack shit to me. If he speaks to me in the same manner as today again, I will break every bone in his body. He dares to assume that he should control what I do with my daughter. That ghetto trash dickbag is going to know the true meaning of pain if he keeps it up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25018 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »

@nenjin You should make sure that you're taking good care of yourself while you're going about these things. However much water you're normally drinking, drink more of it, and for God's sake don't skip breakfast, since that seems to be everyone favourite thing to do these days. A hat can really make a difference too, though I hate wearing them. And take periodic breaks if you can. You don't actually have to walk away or go inside, but just make sure you're not exerting yourself 100% of the time if you've got a long day ahead of you. I'm no stranger to some hard work, and that just doesn't sound like something that should normally be happening to you, but it sounds like you were either starving or really dehydrated. Probably the latter. I've had that sneak up on me twice, even when I was feeling fine and throwing people moments before.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25019 on: June 27, 2013, 04:17:52 pm »

Keeping a bottle of water on you during hot weather is rather useful to prevent that stuff. Or if you prefer more taste an iced green or black tea with as little sugar as possible does wonders too. I'm presonally rather resistant to heat since I grew up in the hotter inland Mediterranean so I'm not a stranger to 30+ degree temperatures in the shade.

Heck if you're not in a highly buisness place splashing some of that water on your head and neck does wonders in cooling off and preventing heatstroke.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 3345