Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696968 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, that's a relief.

She already screwed me out of $20 for failing to return the rental fridge she'd contracted (but which I'd initially helped pay for), and for unknown reasons didn't return at the end of last semester (with her stuff left in there and my leaving before her, so it really wasn't my responsibility).  Having also left trash all over the room and not told me if she was coming back or not, which I then had to take care of because I didn't want the potential new roommate to think I was a slovenly asshole.  I let her know it wasn't cool but I'd pay up because we were going to be stuck together for another semester.  Now I've graduated and she's trying to screw the pooch even more :<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, this person sounds like their face needs to be introduced to a blunt object at high speed.

...Were the shorts even damaged by the washing? Because if not, she doesn't have anything to sue you over.

My rage: Sister came in at 2:00AM again, making as much noise as she could. I'm starting to think she's also turning off my alarm clock for some stupid goddamn reason... but I can't remember if I actually set it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

What were you doing?
A wrestling tournament.

How big is that tournament?  Holy hell.  I've never been to one that took multiple days, and only wrestled a handful of matches, even when I was there an entire day.
30 different teams, everyone had at least sixteen wrestlers.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

What were you doing?
A wrestling tournament.

How big is that tournament?  Holy hell.  I've never been to one that took multiple days, and only wrestled a handful of matches, even when I was there an entire day.
30 different teams, everyone had at least sixteen wrestlers.

That's pretty big.  I'm used to 1/3 to 1/4 that many teams.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Next time you set your alarm, leave a note.

And another one someplace where they can't find it.

If the first note is gone, well, there's your answer.

If the note is still there but the alarm didn't go off... :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry.

They shrank to the point where she can't wear them anymore, apparently.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry.

They shrank to the point where she can't wear them anymore, apparently.
Or maybe she just gained weight and is unwilling to admit it.  :P
(thinking from your description that even the merest suggestion that this might be the case would set off her berserk button)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that.

She's extremely thin, though.  Like, every single rib on her very visible even when she's not inhaling flavor of thin.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

then it's the perfect response. You know someone like that would automatically assume you were right. (not admit it of course, but inside...)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

I hate to be the party pooper, but body shaming is not an appropriate response. Attack/criticize people for what they do, not the body they inhabit.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

All's fair in love and war.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All's fair in love and war.
We're going to have to agree to STRONGLY disagree on this front.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I wasn't going to mention it because body shaming.  I was going to mention it because usually stuff my mom washes doesn't shrink, whether it says "dry clean only" on the label or not.  Mentioning that she's very thin was because I don't think she's gained weight, so they probably did end up getting shrunk.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Having a budget arguement with someone.

His proposal: Unspecified cuts to the budget by 2 trillion dollars a year, to pay off the debt in 7 or so years.

My retort: a factual analysis that such a budget would eliminate all discretionary spending including all military and law enforcement, as well as ending social security and federal health care that keeps millions of people alive. Your proposal will end America.

My proposal: The budget submitted by the Congressional Progressive Caucus, that balances the budget pays down the debt mildly over the course of several years.

His retort: Oh yea? I bet they don't even have a plan in their budget for completely ignoring the budget and loading down with liberal wars and social programs. Prove they have a budget that includes not following the budget before I will even bother to explain how a 2 trillion dollar cut in spending won't end America as a nation. Just because. Now I fling poop at you.

[paraphrased]
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I wasn't going to mention it because body shaming.  I was going to mention it because usually stuff my mom washes doesn't shrink, whether it says "dry clean only" on the label or not.  Mentioning that she's very thin was because I don't think she's gained weight, so they probably did end up getting shrunk.
It was directed more towards Redking and GlyphGryph.
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 3345