Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705131 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEGology Edition
« Reply #23430 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:17 am »

Either way the guy could use an ambulance, and then the cops have the additional explaining to do if they refuse to let the paramedics treat a dying man.
Wouldn't be the first time police have blocked paramedics from treating a person they just used very unnecessary deadly force against.

This seems even worse than that one though. I just also read about how they were confiscating cell phones. That did not look legal.

Used intimidation and siege tactics to get them, too.

And randomly decided that one of the bystanders was on PCP so they could arrest him.  Several days later, no drug tests have yet been carried out.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #23431 on: May 12, 2013, 10:49:23 am »

Police have once again murdered a man, David Silva, in the street in California in front of several witnesses with cameras.  Eight officers reportedly beat him to a pulp as he begged for his life for about 10 minutes, and then began punishing/terrorizing witnesses and confiscating evidence.  I'll leave it up to you guys to look up the details for yourselves.  I'm beyond disgusted.
This was the only thing I could find. Everything else was about some British football player.

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x651132658/Debate-erupts-over-cell-phone-video-of-Silva-beating-by-officers-Witness-I-can-still-hear-him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd_NldNSiM

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bakersfield+police+David+Silva&aq=f&oq=Bakersfield+police+David+Silva&aqs=chrome.0.57j61j62.5224j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The best use of the death penalty in this country is to execute these traitorous murderous pigs who violate their oath of office and pervert the system of justice that we rely upon.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23432 on: May 12, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »

Some fucking Florida crackhead broke into my father's car and stole his GPS. My father even caught him in the act and let the guy go before realizing it was gone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23433 on: May 12, 2013, 06:38:36 pm »

Sounds like a job for FloridaMan!
Spoiler: Jokes aside... (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23434 on: May 13, 2013, 05:17:43 am »

The chicken my parents made last night was alright enough, though I would have preferred to hear that there "was a problem with the grill and we can't use it anymore" before going halfway through a second piece.

Threw everything up a short while ago. 4 times in short succession, 5 if you count the one I had to force down before I could reach the toilet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23435 on: May 13, 2013, 05:23:38 am »

I'm not sure you fully explained yourself. Why were you throwing up? Was it under cooked?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23436 on: May 13, 2013, 05:52:20 am »

Apparently. That's usually what happens when someone eats undercooked chicken.

Ugh, I still feel sick to my stomach.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23437 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:36 am »

Got wisdom tooth removed...as well as the one it was nudging so that's twice the torture of removal. Every shot to numb the pain was so welcome.

But now comes the fun part...the healing process. Talking hurts, smiling hurts, laughing hurts, eating hurts.

Would really like to spread the hurt right now. The courts would understand right? ErRRrggh...c'mere you, papa needs his meds
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23438 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:52 am »

Sounds like a job for FloridaMan!
Spoiler: Jokes aside... (click to show/hide)
How did I not know of this, I'm cracking up.  I always wondered why "It always has to be Florida..." on Worlds Dumbest.  Now I know it's all the work of one man and woman.

"Florida man bitten by alligator while fleeing police."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23439 on: May 13, 2013, 10:12:10 am »

Son of a fucking minecraft... been trying for the past two hours to get treecapitator to work on my ftb server and it just won't work... I can see it on my modlist in ftb but it does not work.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23440 on: May 13, 2013, 03:03:03 pm »

Most videos of police on the internet do not make me feel sorry for the officer. Welcome to the one that did.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23441 on: May 13, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »

Seems like cops can't win. Either they're completing violating people's rights or they're getting read the Riot Act by back seat hipster lawyers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:37:49 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23442 on: May 13, 2013, 03:38:48 pm »

Seems like cops can't win. Either they're completing violating people's rights or they're getting read the Riot Act by back seat lawyers.
Or people are shooting at them. I remember a video in which a car got pulled over for something minor and someone in the backseat started shooting a shotgun. Did not end well.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23443 on: May 13, 2013, 04:16:09 pm »

Ugh, why did I go in to work today? My stomach hasn't started feeling better. They even told me to go home! Why didn't I listen to them?  ...Other than not having to make up the hours later.
Making it worse is the headache/tiredness/possible fever(can't tell) that has developed with it. I feel very very cold as well.

Apparently, it wasn't the chicken, either. My stepdad said he boiled it for half an hour before grilling it, and before using the grill, he let it burn for 30 minutes, scraped all the stuff inside, then burned it again for another 30 minutes. What the hell is wrong with me?

Seems like cops can't win. Either they're completing violating people's rights or they're getting read the Riot Act by back seat lawyers.
Or people are shooting at them. I remember a video in which a car got pulled over for something minor and someone in the backseat started shooting a shotgun. Did not end well.
I would point out that if it wasn't for cases of rampant police abuse, people might be a little less trigger-happy regarding police. After all, how do you know if the cop pulling you over is gonna beat you to death just because he can probably get away with it, especially after hearing about it happening to someone else?

It's no excuse for pulling a gun on an officer, however.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23444 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:29 pm »

I would point out that if it wasn't for cases of rampant police abuse, people might be a little less trigger-happy regarding police. After all, how do you know if the cop pulling you over is gonna beat you to death just because he can probably get away with it, especially after hearing about it happening to someone else?

It's no excuse for pulling a gun on an officer, however.
Oh, I agree; it's a vicious cycle. Cops get a little overzealous. Citizens become a little trigger-happy. Cops get a little trigger-happy in response. And so on, and so forth. I'm not even counting the cases where someone went just plain nuts and started shooting places up.

Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 3345