Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707910 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly don't feel that safe, and occasionally wonder if he's going to try to kill me or whatever when I graduate (how is he going to deal with the sudden absence of his target, with no satisfying resolution in hand?).  I don't see how that's intentionally threatening, though.  This whole time he's been purposefully striking at my reputation and trying to undermine me (zone of silence literally contains anyone who is in the middle of recognizing my presence or treating me well; any of my friends that weren't also his he constantly ignores), so it seems a bit like, well, more of the same.

I am like *this* close to hauling off in the dining hall and starting a needlessly cruel and theatrical Hannibal Lector speech at peak hours, but that's mostly *this* close in fantasy-land, not anything approximating reality.  What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that my inner angel is getting pretty ground down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Tell campus police you think he's stalking you.

I think I've fixed my keyboard now. The only thing is left is the number row. Permanent damage to the secondary enter key (top snapped mostly in half), Delete (one hold broken off), and left arrow (misaligned). *sigh* Cleaning keys is hard.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Good god what did you do?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's not stalking me, though.  I think we need an entirely new word for whatever the hell this is, because he's not following me around or whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't contact campus police over "hi, my ex is being passive-aggressive."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Good god what did you do?
Secondary enter may have been on it's way out anyway. I almost never use it, but it's seemed a little brittle before. I think it may have broken because the metal hold got stuck while I was pulling the plastic hold up.

I'm not sure what happened with Delete. I didn't even notice the hold had broken until I was ready to put it back on. Fortunately I don't use that much either.

As for left arrow, I don't know what's wrong with it. It won't go back properly. It isn't a big deal but it's noticeable.

In the end, this is just a heavily worn computer. The spots where my wrists rest have marks worn into them, as does the touchpad and the left mouse. Half the grate on the main vent is gone. There are little nicks everywhere. The screen is misaligned somehow that it doesn't close correctly and pops open in the back when it does, as well has having a crack in it. The fan is almost certainly hampered by dust but I can't access it because this model has bad access that would require an almost complete disassemble before I could get to it.

I kind of would like a replacement because the actual physical computer is falling apart rather than the systems that run it, but I'm not likely to get one.
He's not stalking me, though.  I think we need an entirely new word for whatever the hell this is, because he's not following me around or whatever.
If he's showing up all around you when he rationally shouldn't be and is acting in an implicitly threatening manner, he's stalking you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:38:38 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . . I should clarify: we live in the same dorms.  Rationally, he should be showing up where I am.  He is, however, acting in an emotionally threatening manner but in the state of California emotional abuse is not illegal.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

He doesn't have to be doing anything illegal. If you feel like you are in danger you have something to bring up. At least get him on their radar.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Maybe not technically illegal, but if you tell someone that you think this dude may be a threat to you they should take it seriously.

Ninjad by MSH.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. . . I'll think about it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Do not think; do.
Or whatever Yoda said.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Do not think; do.
Or whatever Yoda said.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Close enough for these purposes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds like the one time that basically all of my friends ganged up on me to drag me to the doctor when I thought I'd broken some ribs and wasn't willing to be examined.  What I'm saying is, I am going to work up my courage, and then it is highly likely that I'll go.

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 3345