Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708951 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm still not sure how he got out of that. Then again, my sister(really, anyone in my family or stepfamily) shouldn't be trusted to give a 100% accurate report on anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I play on the minecraft server Swim where you start in the ocean and have to travel hours to find land. Well somebody just spent several hours and by sheer chance found the small Island I made my base. The result: Almost an month's worth of work gone. My giant lava fall was cobbled, my farms were destroyed, all of my chests wiped out (luckily they went into the nether before the items disappeared, but I'm gonna have to work very fast to collect everything), every mooshroom on the island killed, and now that I need to find a new base since I don't know if they will come back all of the infrastructure work that I did is wasted.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

and have to travel hours to find land

I question the sanity of anyone playing on this server.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

and have to travel hours to find land
I question the sanity of anyone playing on this server.
It works though especially since the server is pure vanilla. You start with a boat so all you have to do is pick a direction and set something up to hold the arrow key down. The simple fact that somebody is willing to travel hours simply to destroy something that anybody just makes me even more angry at them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Okay, the boat makes it a lot better. And I guess even if there wasn't a boat you'd just have to get something to hold down the space bar and arrow key.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

It works though especially since the server is pure vanilla. You start with a boat so all you have to do is pick a direction and set something up to hold the arrow key down. The simple fact that somebody is willing to travel hours simply to destroy something that anybody just makes me even more angry at them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

They are not allowed to follow a target until they make a mistake. (in the us, generally) Surveillence requires a warrent.

They were just intimidating/bullying him.

Not correct. In the US the courts have upheld the right of the police to follow anyone for any reason or no reason on public roads. However they have not upheld the right of anyone to follow the police on public roads for any or no reason.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, they can follow, but it provides a good argument for a defense attorney if they had to follow you for 20 miles before you went 61 in a 60 and they gave you a ticket.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Wait, a server that updates every prerelease? I've been wanting one of those.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That would be irritating to update to me, both serverside and client.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Unrelated rage: It bothers me when a TvTropes article has a sentence almost entirely constructed of trope names. They're almost always meaningless on their own, just a way for the author to list a few related tropes while being able to pat themselves on the back for being so clever.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I play on the minecraft server Swim where you start in the ocean and have to travel hours to find land. Well somebody just spent several hours and by sheer chance found the small Island I made my base. The result: Almost an month's worth of work gone. My giant lava fall was cobbled, my farms were destroyed, all of my chests wiped out (luckily they went into the nether before the items disappeared, but I'm gonna have to work very fast to collect everything), every mooshroom on the island killed, and now that I need to find a new base since I don't know if they will come back all of the infrastructure work that I did is wasted.
I decided to have a look for the server.

I have one problem: it updates every prerelease. Which I dislike.

Why not have an underground base nearly indistinguishable from the surface if one did not know what to look for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I decided to have a look for the server.

I have one problem: it updates every prerelease. Which I dislike.

Why not have an underground base nearly indistinguishable from the surface if one did not know what to look for?
I think the better question is why join a server if you're just going to build your crap where no one else can reach you.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Because the server has been shown to be full of high potential for assery when they aren't being bored by the endless swaths of blue.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think the better question is why join a server if you're just going to build your crap where no one else can reach you.

So you can grief other people, duh.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 3345