Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708891 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had someone piss on my dog because they just watched the "Dog whisperer" and saw that his overtrained dogs were far supperior to my dog.

Honestly I know my dog isn't the most well trained dog but those are aspects I give on.

Yet the fact that he actively seeks attention, something I actually want him to do and in fact want him to do more often, is seen as absolutely unacceptible is aggrivating (no he doesn't harass guests)... Or the fact that he will show when he needs to go out. Some things I havn't trained out of him but cannot. For example he sleeps in the middle of the stairs which is dangerous for everyone... but no one clears the stairs, I actually had trained that out of him for a time.

Look man, this "Perfect dog" he is talking about is his imposed vision of what a "perfect dog" is and in fact I would almost consider outright undesirable for what I want out of a dog. Yes training a dog to avoid some of the worst scenarios from happening is important. But no, the perfect dog is the dog that best fits its owner.

Mind you I am different. For example in Cats I prefer a MORE vocal cat to a silent one.

Dang it stop pissing on my dog! He is quiet, loving, and stewart. Why do I have to hit this dog training perfection? AHH!

Though I guess I take it more personally because out of everyone in the house I took a more active role in training him (with my dad being abusively second place) then everyone else, but I didn't do it full time because everyone was supposed to pitch in, so I also see it as a personal attack since apperantly our dog does "NOTHING" right.

Ohh well.

I'll get over it... but wow does it piss me off.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Most of the more expensive dentist stuff can be done in the hospital and it'll be covered by the most basic insurance. Cavities aren't one of those though.

Also HOLY SHIT 1900 DOLLARS.
Wat.

Next year I will add dentist stuff to my insurance :/

edit: It took me a while to realize the piss was purely metaphorical.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the more expensive dentist stuff can be done in the hospital and it'll be covered by the most basic insurance. Cavities aren't one of those though.

Also HOLY SHIT 1900 DOLLARS.
Wat.

Next year I will add dentist stuff to my insurance :/

There was a semi-recent crisis around here about that, tons and tons of people were going to the emergency room to get toothwork done. So now all the hospitals in my area (the public ones at least) ONLY cover emergency tooth pulling. Nothing else, not cavaty fillings or sealant (not sure about pain relief, they might still do that?)

Of course being public hospitals, anyone in poverty couldn't be forced to pay the bill. Free terrifying hospital dental care!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:38:20 pm by freeformschooler »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Apparently my university decided to put one over on me, and "adjust" my tuition assistance downward to the tune of $400 after the semester started (by which I mean, after I'd checked the account to ensure it was paid off), without telling me. Seriously, the first I'd heard of this was when I started getting notices that charging to my university account was restricted when I tried to buy something from a vending machine, because I'm apparently 2 months past due.

I will have words with them tomorrow. Unfortunately, they will have to be calm and polite words, because I need to actually get it solved and there's no real point in making some poor intern's day any worse. But it's been a very long time since I've been really enraged. Having to take moments to slow my breathing and calm down, being at work.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind after speaking to this person more (My Bro) We got into an arguement that basically surfaced what I really hate about my family.

They never take that you did something on your word. It is this active hostility whenever I try to claim ownership over something because they are outright against the idea that I ever do ANYTHING!

It is annoying and frankly given my personality it makes me not want to do anything. "Oh Neonivek, we never saw you do that so YOU DIDN'T!"... "But you don't go in there"... "Don't care, you don't do anything and you never will".

Mind you I know he doesn't understand what I am really ranting about. It is rather common and a rather aggrivating aspect of conversations I have.

I think the Metaphor he modified from mine shows the mentality best: "IF u said u did the dishes and walked upstairs and saw a sink full of shit... U didnt do the dishes... or by some stretch u did SOME... thats the case with the dog"

So yes, if I did the dishes and everyone messed up the kitchen. I didn't do anything. I only get credit should I say I did it AND if the problem remains resolved until the end of time.

---

Apparently my university decided to put one over on me, and "adjust" my tuition assistance downward to the tune of $400 after the semester started (by which I mean, after I'd checked the account to ensure it was paid off), without telling me. Seriously, the first I'd heard of this was when I started getting notices that charging to my university account was restricted when I tried to buy something from a vending machine, because I'm apparently 2 months past due

Dear goodness that should be outright illegal! I know they make you sign a contract but some of the things they let universities get away with is just criminal.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:28:42 pm by Neonivek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Wait, he literally pissed on your dog?
That might be a little extreme.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry I guess the expression isn't as common.

He kept saying bad things about my dog.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

In their defense, they did send me a notification that my bill existed, which they do every month, whether I need to pay them or not, because I will usually purchase something in the cafeteria at some point in any given month and charge it to my account. It's just that those are automatically deducted from my paycheck. This does leave me with some blame for myself, but goddamn, is it too much to ask for an indication of how much I owe, or even an approaching-past-due notice? Or, even more importantly, a notice that the adjustment had occurred? I actually read the contract for this, and I'm fairly confident they never mentioned that something like this could or would happen.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Sorry I guess the expression isn't as common.

He kept saying bad things about my dog.

Next time, ask him if he actually loves his dog, or if it's just there for him to brag about.

In their defense, they did send me a notification that my bill existed, which they do every month, whether I need to pay them or not, because I will usually purchase something in the cafeteria at some point in any given month and charge it to my account. It's just that those are automatically deducted from my paycheck. This does leave me with some blame for myself, but goddamn, is it too much to ask for an indication of how much I owe, or even an approaching-past-due notice? Or, even more importantly, a notice that the adjustment had occurred? I actually read the contract for this, and I'm fairly confident they never mentioned that something like this could or would happen.
I would suggest to try to get a copy of the contract and read it again, but if you are sure try using that copy of the contract against their claims. Or maybe contact your lawyer if you have one or something.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:41:19 am by Ultimuh »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Oops, dint realize I posted twice in the same thread.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:40:59 am by Ultimuh »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My sister said she'd stay home to make sure the front door was unlocked when I got home, yesterday(our stepdad locked her out once, and I don't doubt he'd do it to me). She was gone when I got home(door was open, though), and didn't come home until 5-6 in the morning after a night of partying.

So here's her explanation: across the street, one of the neighbors apparently has medical problems, so occassionally an ambulance needs to be called for him. Yesterday was one of those times, and in fact was probably more serious than that since two ambulances and a fire truck were called in. Meanwhile, my stepdad wanted to leave before they blocked off the driveway. As he tries to leave, he only succeeds in blocking the second ambulance. A cop pulls up, telling him to wait a bit for them to leave. My stepdad's response, "How the fuck am I supposed to leave?!"(answer was already given), and a few other things. The cop sticks around until the ambulances leave, and then follows my stepdad(who had my mother with him) after he drives off for a bit.
Oh, and my stepdad had a beer in his hand the whole time. Didn't get pulled over, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

My sister said she'd stay home to make sure the front door was unlocked when I got home, yesterday(our stepdad locked her out once, and I don't doubt he'd do it to me). She was gone when I got home(door was open, though), and didn't come home until 5-6 in the morning after a night of partying.

So here's her explanation: across the street, one of the neighbors apparently has medical problems, so occassionally an ambulance needs to be called for him. Yesterday was one of those times, and in fact was probably more serious than that since two ambulances and a fire truck were called in. Meanwhile, my stepdad wanted to leave before they blocked off the driveway. As he tries to leave, he only succeeds in blocking the second ambulance. A cop pulls up, telling him to wait a bit for them to leave. My stepdad's response, "How the fuck am I supposed to leave?!"(answer was already given), and a few other things. The cop sticks around until the ambulances leave, and then follows my stepdad(who had my mother with him) after he drives off for a bit.
Oh, and my stepdad had a beer in his hand the whole time. Didn't get pulled over, though.
Fucking wat. The cops here would have had his head on a pike.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

They are not allowed to follow a target until they make a mistake. (in the us, generally) Surveillence requires a warrent.

They were just intimidating/bullying him.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

They are not allowed to follow a target until they make a mistake. (in the us, generally) Surveillence requires a warrent.

They were just intimidating/bullying him.

Not correct. In the US the courts have upheld the right of the police to follow anyone for any reason or no reason on public roads. However they have not upheld the right of anyone to follow the police on public roads for any or no reason.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

If he was trying to drive with an open container of alcohol, then that should be grounds for arrest, or at least a ticket. Furthermore, that implies that he could be drunk (or at least over the BAC limit. Then he was intentionally blocking emergency vehicles and arguing with the police officer about it. If anything, it looks like he was trying to intimidate/bully the officer.

Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 3345