Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709682 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I can't tell who vector is because I'm used to her having her cheesecake avatar <.<

I hate avatar changes. Unless it's to something witty.
I got used to the flan. Not sure what the new one is....a pile of sandwiches with flowers??

Yeah, I kinda wonder about ein. I hope for the best there.
Kael is just consumed by grad school, AFAIK.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I thought he was traveling the world punching pimps and getting thrown out of countries for being too badass.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I can't tell who vector is because I'm used to her having her cheesecake avatar <.<

I got used to the flan. Not sure what the new one is....a pile of sandwiches with flowers??

Honeycomb with bees and flowers.
Ah. Good thing I didn't try to eat those sandwiches. Nobody likes a mouthful of bees.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

The flan weirded me out. I prefer the new one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I thought he was traveling the world punching pimps and getting thrown out of countries for being too badass.
Everyone has to settle down sometime.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

How can you be weirded out by flan? There is absolutely nothing whatsoever strange about flan.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21861 on: March 18, 2013, 08:11:21 pm »

I know there's a few here, and probably more.  Vector's just the most vocal about it.

Yeah, sorry for being so loud.

Just to be clear, this wasn't meant to be the slightest bit negative.  Vocal = informative, which has always been appreciated.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

I suspect I may have depression of some kind. No professional diagnosis or anything.

Oh, and flan looks delicious. Like cake, but softer.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I intend to keep Arsecat as my avatar forever. Sorry guys! :D

As for the autism stuff, I don't know where I fall on the spectrum as I've never had a therapist, or been run through the DSM-IV. I'm familiar with some behavioral traits I have that fit the bill, though.

I've always liked walking on my toes, which I attribute to liking to move quietly; being able to hide or move unnoticed always felt empowering as a kid (it's still weirdly fun for me), so there's some kind of lizard-brain endorphin reward wired to it too. I've never liked making eye contact with others, and it's something I had to train myself to do consciously. I like some physical contact (hugs are fucking awesome) but I really dislike brushing into other people. I've actually got a pretty strong empathic sense, which I believe runs counter to the diagnosis, but it's a skill I consciously developed as a defense against psychological abuse; I grew up with damaged parents, and people in my life who wielded love and guilt and abandonment as weapons, which screwed me up for nearly 2 decades. I had to develop a strong empathy toolkit to stay sane, and learn what people really meant under the surface... and that sometimes the people you love can be horrible people.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:21:17 pm by Solifuge »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Walking on toes is a symptom?

Huh. I guess that contributed to the diagnosis back when I was real young. That was mostly because I learned to read at the age of ~3 1/2, had (emphasis on had) difficulty making friends, wasn't very organized, didn't do well in school but did amazing on tests...

turns out most of that can be attributed to laziness and good retention i guess?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Probably the quiet thing more than that specifically. Not even the best way to walk quiet, from what I've seen. Only decent when you're barefoot, and even then there's a couple other ways of placing your feet that tend to be quieter. I kinda' roll mine around the outside edge, heel to front, as default. Minimize surface contact while spreading the action over several steps instead of one, reduces noise impact in most situations.

It's nice be able to walk over gravel and crap without making a sound, though. Not easy, and slow, but nice. Right set of shoes (or going barefoot, of course) makes it a bit easier. Step lightly, fellows!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Honeycomb with bees and flowers.
Ah. Good thing I didn't try to eat those sandwiches. Nobody likes a mouthful of bees.
Shook will disagree with you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

How can you be weirded out by flan? There is absolutely nothing whatsoever strange about flan.

I'm convinced it's some sort of sugar-monster's snot.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

No, don't be silly... It is actually sugar-monster ear wax...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suspect I may have depression of some kind. No professional diagnosis or anything.

Oh, and flan looks delicious. Like cake, but softer.

Clearly some flan would cure your depression. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 3345