Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705807 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18555 on: December 03, 2012, 06:01:18 pm »

And yeah, the connection is reasonably fast but nonetheless it takes ridiculously long and inhibits other computer usage. Therefore annoyance

Ok, if your connection is "fast" and yet it takes "ridiculously long", what you're complaining about is the speed of broadband or whatever you use. Also, what other "computer usage" does Steam interfere with, other than making Youtube videos slower because you're maxing out your connection speed?

I mean, seriously. Downloading 12 gigs worth of data is downloading 12 gigs worth of data, whether you're doing it through Steam or not. It takes time, and blaming Steam for that is seeking a scapegoat.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18556 on: December 03, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »

The US and the EU are theoretically 2 votes. In practice....
Errr the US and EU are theoretically 28 votes.
The EU isn't just one nation afterall.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:06 pm »

I hadn't thought of that, MSH.
So, US/EU/Australia vs Russia/China, then? That could be an interesting clash of influence...
Probably US/EU/Commonwealth and allies vs. Russia/China/Arab states and allies. The part that makes me hopeful is that the former have genuinely aligned goals while the latter is an unholy alliance coming together only to oppose the former. Not hard to determine which side will work better together.

I wish I had a list of the nations in attendance so I could make a projection on the vote. It's not that hard to guess, really.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:45 pm »

Actually, what annoys me  is steam's lack of a throttle, which means that I have to use third party programs to regulate net usage, and the fact that most of my stuff is in my other OS.  Which means that my computer is locked for the time being. And that my netbook's net usage is affected as a reflectiom

That aside I'm inherently not fond of steam for it's DRM policies and quasi-monopoly, but thats not an active worry - I've never purchased anything there nor do I intend to. All I have there are some games that a friend gifted me (inc. Shogun 2), and stuff from Humble Bundles(of which I have other versions, of course), but I'm beggining to get bored with the install times so chances are I'll end up playing little of them.

And btw, I'll complain however much I like about Steam, Shogun 2 or anything else. Since this is, y'know, the Rage thread.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:14:37 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: December 03, 2012, 06:41:18 pm »

yea, lack of throttle for downloads is my main complaint for steam, and any other program that downloads, only one that I have found so far that has throttling is torrent programs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:01 pm »

And btw, I'll complain however much I like about Steam, Shogun 2 or anything else. Since this is, y'know, the Rage thread.

Feel free. I just like it when the bitching is qualified.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: December 03, 2012, 07:08:50 pm »

Whoever decided it was a good idea to market formal wear that's thin enough to require an undershirt to avoid violating public decency laws in fucking Florida needs to be dragged out into the road and shot until their composite parts occupy no less than twelve states.

The pants weren't too bad, though. I know I can stand khakis now. Fairly comfortable, really. Undershirts, though? Next person that tries to get me into a shirt than needs one of those bastards are getting punched unless it's at-minimum three hundred miles north of this hellswamp. Eighty fucking Fahrenheit on the first of goddamn december. I'd say this state could go to hell but apparently it's already there!

vvvv
While. Let him, her, or it die as the rest of us suffer.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:19:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »

While or while not wearing the indecent formalwear?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

yea, lack of throttle for downloads is my main complaint for steam, and any other program that downloads, only one that I have found so far that has throttling is torrent programs.
One of the amusing things about Anarchy Online is that the official website directs you to download the client through a torrent, for which you can use any torrenting program you want. Though as old as it is, I think that may be more for hosting than the filesize requirements.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18564 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »

Torrents are a quicker download in general for anything over 1 or 2 gb, as long as they aren't dead or nearly so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:56 pm »

That... depends heavily on a lot of things :P

Well seeded torrents often are, though, yeah. Often. Depends on your own connection. I only use torrents when I feel like being nice about someone else's bandwidth, really. Or torrents are the only place to get stuff at. If it's a solid FTP connection or whatev', it's almost always quicker off my line.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:06 pm »

Torrents are a quicker download in general for anything over 1 or 2 gb, as long as they aren't dead or nearly so.
Indeed. One of the things that irked me was that I'm pretty sure I'd have finished the download over the first day (which I spent sleeping anyway) if I had just grabbed a torrent.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »

Why do I keep watching these stupid fucking Pawn shop shows.
Like, oh my god, the people that go in that place are idiots.
"Hur, I found this baseball card, i'm going to ask $5000 for it even when I have no idea if its worth anything."
"Hur, I invested in a bunch of silver 20 years ago, i'm going to bring it to someone who will pay me half of what I could get at a person who DEALS IN THAT SORT OF THING SPECIFICALLY."
"Hur, hey, hey, check out shitty 1999 Ford... Whatever, i'll sell it to you for $50,000."
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:43 pm »

"Hur, I found this baseball card, i'm going to ask $5000 for it even when I have no idea if its worth anything."
"Hur, I invested in a bunch of silver 20 years ago, i'm going to bring it to someone who will pay me half of what I could get at a person who DEALS IN THAT SORT OF THING SPECIFICALLY."
"Hur, hey, hey, check out shitty 1999 Ford... Whatever, i'll sell it to you for $50,000."

That doesn't bother me as much as when someone brings in something and this happens:

Pawn Shop Guys: "Let's call a buddy of ours an expert to appraise this."
Appraiser: "It's worth about $20,000 on today's market."
Owner: "Okay, so I was only looking for a few grand. $12,000 sounds fair to me."
PSG: "$500."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: December 03, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »

That doesn't bother me as much as when someone brings in something and this happens:

Pawn Shop Guys: "Let's call a buddy of ours an expert to appraise this."
Appraiser: "It's worth about $20,000 on today's market."
Owner: "Okay, so I was only looking for a few grand. $12,000 sounds fair to me."
PSG: "$500."
And then the dumbass takes it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 3345